• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony patents enemy AI learning that adjusts in real time for difficulty

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I remember there was a counter strike before CS Source called Counter Strike: Condition Zero. Each faction Terroists and Counter terrorists had bots that started off slightly diffrent from each other, these bots as you played would pick up there own preference in weapons and tactics on game modes and maps, the file that held there data would dramatically grow in size the more times you played, by the end of it you had an enemy team of bots that where countering your plays and team mates who would assist you effectively.

I thought after playing other games with bots why valve never put this into practice again, even years later I still think back to that games terrible single player campaign and pretty solid singleplayer with bots classic CS mode and how much i hated a LEET crew sniper terroist who always bought the scout and dulies and kicked my ass on any map with distance.

Least it felt that way... more likely they are just presets and its my memory playing tricks, only issue is eventually it could end up like that Starcraft 2 AI that owns everyone now because its learned everything and just always uses the optimal solution to every engagement.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Please be true.

But wait a minute, what if i'm playing at ultra hard and dying dozens of times?! Does the game become automatically easier even if i'm enjoying the challenge? I hope it's something that can be disabled.

Last edited:
Top Bottom