• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Patent Hints at PlayStation Store Listings That Will Present Info Based on a Game’s Lifecycle

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The patent essentially discusses pages for games on the digital store that will provide varying information based on the context of where the game is at in its life cycle, as well as information that will be specific to the user. It describes examples of games showing different content on their listings based on their current updates and support, while information presented might also be tailored based on user-specific activity.

ANIMAL1975

Cyberpunck game information

bug programmer GIF

Allandor

The patent essentially discusses pages for games on the digital store that will provide varying information based on the context of where the game is at in its life cycle, as well as information that will be specific to the user. It describes examples of games showing different content on their listings based on their current updates and support, while information presented might also be tailored based on user-specific activity.
That is just another "Big Data" thing. Analyzing what you play to present you advertisements that might interesset you. So they just want to sell you more and btw they want to track more of your behaviors in games.

I hope this means we know the live player count like Steam. This is important to know to purchase games that have online multiplayer. I was looking at Infinite Warfare but I don’t know if it’s dead or alive.

Top Bottom