• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Partner Deviation Games to Enter Full Production on PS5 Game in 2022

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

That studio now has over 100 employees, and following a rigorous pre-production period, is about to begin work on its first game. “When we set up Deviation Games it was deviate away from the normal, the boring, the humdrum – the things we’ve seen a hundred times,” he explained in a new video. He added that he wants his team’s debut title to be instantly recognisable from screenshots.

“No story, no matter how good it is, matters if the gameplay is no fun,” he continued. “The holy grail that we are looking for is the marriage between game design and storytelling.” It’s probably safe to assume that the developer is making a first-person shooter, although Blundell talks about innovating a lot and finding ways his team can push the medium forward.

CitizenZ

Banned
So, Never heard of them and went to their page and all i can say:

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

Edder1

Sony not having a next gen game in 2022 is extremely weird. This means Sony will be going around two years without a next gen game after dropping 3 within the first 7 month's of launch.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

And no one else has announced actual next gen games for 2022 that look better than Sony’s cross gen games

Its not just the looks that matter. God of War Ragnarok is my most anticipated game along with Elden Ring So I cant wait, but Im still dissapointed its not PS5 only like Demon Souls or Ratchet and Clank.

Im loving that I can play games like Death Stranding, TLOU2, FF7, Ghost of Tsushima at 60fps with upgrades but I want some PS5 only games for 2022 and onwards or at least more announcements for 2023.

GT7 I dont mind behind something like that can be scaled back for PS4 with much less sacrificing.

Basically give me more 2022-2023 PS5 exclusive news. We’ve only had 2 new 1st exclusives announced since PS5 2020 show which was Spiderman 2 and Wolverine

Its not just the looks that matter. God of War Ragnarok is my most anticipated game along with Elden Ring So I cant wait, but Im still dissapointed its not PS5 only like Demon Souls or Ratchet and Clank.

Im loving that I can play games like Death Stranding, TLOU2, FF7, Ghost of Tsushima at 60fps with upgrades but I want some PS5 only games for 2022 and onwards or at least more announcements for 2023.

GT7 I dont mind behind something like that can be scaled back for PS4 with much less sacrificing.

Basically give me more 2022-2023 PS5 exclusive news. We’ve only had 2 new 1st exclusives announced since PS5 2020 show which was Spiderman 2 and Wolverine

It’s not as if ratchet, demons souls, or Returnal had some revolutionary gameplay mechanics or level design.

The most Sophisticated thing any of those games did was the transitions in rift apart which were under utilized.

Next gen won’t begin until 2023/4 like usual with new consoles

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
Sony has I believe 4 multiplayer exclusive titles that are being worked on, we only know about TLOU Multiplayer and the Guerilla Games 2nd studio that's been working on something for 2+ years now. Can't wait to see what's cooking, along with Deviation and Haven studio was it?

Sony has I believe 4 multiplayer exclusive titles that are being worked on, we only know about TLOU Multiplayer and the Guerilla Games 2nd studio that's been working on something for 2+ years now. Can't wait to see what's cooking, along with Deviation and Haven studio was it?
Firesprite has one in the works also and firewalk

Reactions: HTK

I'm fine with them being cross-gen now. They would have been pushed back to 2023-24 to justify making them nextgen exclusives anyway

Kokoloko85

It’s not as if ratchet, demons souls, or Returnal had some revolutionary gameplay mechanics or level design.

The most Sophisticated thing any of those games did was the transitions in rift apart which were under utilized.

Next gen won’t begin until 2023/4 like usual with new consoles

Id hate to play Returnal with PS4 loading and I doubt og PS4 could run it at 60fps
2022/2023 Fingers crossed

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

Naughty Dog, Guerilla, Haven Studio, Firewalk Studios, Firesprite Studios, Arrowhead Studios, London Studios, Sucker Punch, and Bend Studio are all likely working on multiplayer for PS5, according to job listings.

The funniest thing about the cross gen complaints is I bet if sony never announced horizon as a cross gen game but it was 100% the same no one would notice or care
You put Horizon's gameplay reveal and Ratchet & Clank's PS5 exclusive and there's nothing there that makes you think they are a generation apart like people seem to try as a narrative. Unless games now need portals to be next gen, lmao.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The funniest thing about the cross gen complaints is I bet if sony never announced horizon as a cross gen game but it was 100% the same no one would notice or care

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart had its skeptics. I think many of the same people would be skeptical of Forbidden West if it was PS5 only.

Corndog

Banned
You put Horizon's gameplay reveal and Ratchet & Clank's PS5 exclusive and there's nothing there that makes you think they are a generation apart like people seem to try as a narrative. Unless games now need portals to be next gen, lmao.
I think at this point people should focus on if the games are good, not just if they look good.

Top Bottom