• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony paid for Monster Hunter World on PC to be delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurinka

Yes, and Nintendo paid to don't release Rise on the other consoles, and to 'delay' it on PC. It's how timed exclusives work. Sony, Nintendo and MS do this, and the same Epic on PC. It's cheaper for them than to pay for a full exclusive.

Jim was Head of Global Sales and Marketing since april 2016

2016 is when sony started to get 'weird' IMO it def wasn't just because of Jim tho
It doesn't cover 3rd party exclusives. Same goes with his current job position.

Sounds like Sony. Make other playerbases miserable, never add value to your own.
Microsoft, Nintendo, Epic, Stadia, Oculus/Facebook or Apple do the same.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
They paid to keep content out of other versions of games why is this surprising at all. Sony isn't your buddy they are a business designed to extract cash from your pocket, don't fool yourself otherwise.

Klayzer

I'm not entirely sure that this isn't Capcom's business strategy with select tittles. Release specific tittles on consoles for early profit, then full price it again on PC a year later with improvements.

With that being said, if console makers want to through a pile of dough to keep it exclusive for a year or so, its a win both ways for Capcom. IMO

Last edited:

Banned
Sony is also the reason crossplay and cross-saves were not enabled.

unknown.png

Source

But didn't paid to get the game delayed on Xbox...

if this is true, that's fucking beyond disgusting not gonna lie... especially since it was not disclosed. IMO something like this should be mandatory to disclose publicly, this is ridiculously anti consumer, especially the cross-play part! holy shit!

And Sony are assholes for doing this, but I feel Capcom is even worse for taking the deal!

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
How dare Sony! Microsoft and Nintendo would NEVER paid for timed exclusivity!!
That exclusivity for Tomb Raider on Xbox was so cringey. Seemed at the time it was an attempt to fight against Uncharted and then Uncharted got delayed. So much egg on the face with that one. Funny as hell. Seems they learned a good lesson though, hell they've released their "exclusives" on Switch too so there's hope. Though, I'm struggling to think of a Nintendo example at the moment.

Last edited:

Keihart

This is shit, but on the other hand...after Vita crashing face first on the floor for not having a MH on it i can understand them throwing money at Capcom for anything Monster Hunter related.

Fbh

Eh. I mean, I don't like this shit but I don't see how it's any worse than the average timed exclusive. It's the same concept, pay devs/publishers to not release their stuff on other platforms.
If anything it's slightly better because they at least released it on Xbox

Im not entirely sure that this isn't Capcoms business strategy with select tittles. Release specific tittles on consoles for early profit, then full price it again on PC a year later with improvements.

With that being said, if console makers want to through a pile of dough to keep it exclusive for a year or so, its a win both ways for Capcom. IMO

Probably.
What people always forget with these timed exclusives is that devs/publishers aren't actually forced to take the deal.

I’m glad I’ve been boycotting Sony games for many years, this just reaffirms why.
I'm guessing you only play PC games from select indie studios then, if you don't support the practice of paying devs/publishers to delay the release of a game on other platforms.

Estocolmo

Eh. I mean, I don't like this shit but I don't see how it's any worse than the average timed exclusive. It's the same concept, pay devs/publishers to not release their stuff on other platforms.
If anything it's slightly better because they at least released it on Xbox

Probably.
What people always forget with these timed exclusives is that devs/publishers aren't actually forced to take the deal.

I'm guessing you only play PC games from select indie studios then, if you don't support the practice of paying devs/publishers to delay the release of a game on other platforms.
Xbox since 2002 and Nintendo DS since 2007; I’m content with that.

Woopah

Is Sony also the reason Rise isn't coming to PC until a year later?
No Nintendo is the reason for that one.
Yes, and Nintendo paid to don't release Rise on the other consoles, and to 'delay' it on PC. It's how timed exclusives work. Sony, Nintendo and MS do this, and the same Epic on PC. It's cheaper for them than to pay for a full exclusive.
We know Nintendo paid to push back the PC version but I'm not sure we saw anything about them paying to keep it off other consoles. I think it was always Capcom's plan to release the games for different platforms.

Mentat02

Banned
This is so fucking stupid. PC has nothing to do with consoles. I don't understand why Japanese devs love sucking off Sony bigwigs when they basically treat them like dogshit.

MrSarcastic

Banned
There were rumors that PlayStation was spending a lot of money on several exclusivity deals. Right?. So....keep crying I guess.

SLB1904

Banned
This is so fucking stupid. PC has nothing to do with consoles. I don't understand why Japanese devs love sucking off Sony bigwigs when they basically treat them like dogshit.
It makes no sense when majority of the games sony moneyhat are coming to pc same day. Also why fidnt pc and xbox have cross play?

I hope mods close this threads once we have actually source for this

Banned
Right for what? Are you boycotting MS Nintendo hell even on pc epic games isnt shy to moneyhat.

disclosed timed exclusivity deals, while shitty, is a completely different thing.
this is a secret deal that not only pushed back the release on a platform but also made sure a pro consumer feature is not included in the game on any platform.

but I see the fanboys are here with the "but but but Microsoft! BUT BUT BUT NINTENDO!!!" arguments in full force

Last edited:

Estocolmo

I applaud your integrity. Good thing Microsoft, Nintendo or any other publishers abstain from such practices/sarcasm.
One of many reasons
Issues with saving, cloud, cross play, store closing, closing old servers, little backward compatibility support are other reasons.

disclosed timed exclusivity deals, while shitty, is a completely different thing.
this is a secret deal that not only pushed back the release on a platform but also made sure a pro consumer feature is not included in the game on any platform.

but I see the fanboys are here with the "but but but Microsoft! BUT BUT BUT NINTENDO!!!" arguments in full force

You think Sony is the only one engaging in "secret deals"?

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
"Gee sony paid to have timed content, thats a terrible standard for the industry. Also, im glad my favorite mega corporation is buying publishers and looking for more because competition is great."

Same ol G

The game would be exclusive already they just paid to announce it at a later date for PC.
The game is not even done on switch how could the PC version release on the same date if development started later.
I read on the other site that there wouldn't be a PC version in the beginning so that would explain it.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I could be wrong here, but wouldn't Sony try to make game delay on Xbox instead of PC since Microsoft is their biggest competitor?

SLB1904

Banned

I know you hate sony and you wish your favourite company had the hands clean. This aint it chief. You cant go on about pretend to be outraged when suits you.

Mentat02

Banned
It makes no sense when majority of the games sony moneyhat are coming to pc same day. Also why fidnt pc and xbox have cross play?

I hope mods close this threads once we have actually source for this
what games are coming to PC the same day? Can you be specific because last I checked its only Bethesda games releasing same day with PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom