• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony needs to let me play PS3 games I purchased on PSN via PS Now

Self

In my eyes, the PS3's ability to play PS1 games is still the gold standard for how backward compatibility should be accomplished in the age of digital downloads.

The PS3 (OG) will always be the gold standard. Playing (99,9%) games of 3 different generations is unheard of.

But here is my problem: I don't like unprocessed emulation. The games do look like shit on my TV nowerdays - it's mostly a blurry, flickering mess.
So if Sony and MS don't mind to improve the PQ to a greater extent I will not bother to play them again.
That's really the only advantage on PC I care about.

Sintoid

That's really a good point.
Not only PS3 games, every digital game bought whose console has ended support by Sony should enter in PSNow and being playable by owner

A real good point

Last edited:

fvng

No they don't. If Sony would allow any old PS3 owner to play any of their purchased PS3 games via PSNow that would increase their server costs without any extra income. So it's terrible business and waste of money.

I think they could do it with some kind of subscription model, but even that is probably not worth it.

this makes no sense. The extra income would come from the influx of new subscribers to PSNow who would now have access to their previously purchased content on any device that runs PSNow including Windows. And as clearly stated in the original post, reopening PS Store to sell PS3 games on their webstore is obviously another stream of revenue. This was made pretty clear in the very first post not sure why you're confused about how they can continue to monetize older games.

Top Bottom