• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony London Studio Is Working On a Massive PS5 Game With Online Multiplayer

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.

I was hyped by Eight Day, and I was wondering if a similar Game could be in development for PS5, or The Getaway ?? What do you think guys ?

I was impressed and excited by the gameplay action in the Demo, sadly the project was cancelled.

The 360/PS3 generation was so full of bullshit announcements.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
MAG²

500 users per match

Requires a mic

Mic cannot be muted, voice chat from others cannot be muted

Mic must be set to voice detection so everyone can hear each other breathing, coughing, saying the n-word, and their noisy-ass families in the background the entire match

A sister-site will be setup so people arguing in-game can arrange meet ups to beat the shit out of each other in the nearest Walmart parking lot. All fights will be streamed live to little windows in the corner of the game screen so people don't have to stop playing the game in order to watch the fist fights

ElCasual

MAG²

500 users per match

Requires a mic

Mic must be set to voice detection so everyone can hear each other breathing, coughing, saying the n-word, and their noisy-ass families in the background the entire match

A sister-site will be setup so people arguing in-game can arrange meet ups to beat the shit out of each other in the nearest Walmart parking lot. All fights will be streamed live to little windows in the corner of the game screen so people don't have to stop playing the game in order to watch the fist fights
SOLD

EDMIX

MAG²

500 users per match

Requires a mic

The deep lolz.

Yea none of that is happening. If it does, I doubt those features would even be in it.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I don't think it was a "bullshit announcement", games get canned some times. I don't see any generation where that doesn't happen tbh, that is simply the nature of business
The game was possibly in development, but it was never going to look like that. That is what I mean by bullshit announcements.

CamHostage

You guys, come on now, please learn this... "AAA" in a job listing does not mean it's a mega-budget, genre-eclipsing, XX Killer, "oh, one last thing..." trade-show moment blockbuster.

It simply that the company is looking for high-tier staffers experienced with big productions. People who know long-timeframe work management, who are up to speed with top-tier software development systems (and have some knowhow of the rough state this bleeding-edge technology can exist in before it solidifies some time before you launch the product... you hope,) who are aware of the process of working on a title under a major publisher and able to fit into the team as it moves its project forward through milestones and cycles. They want somebody who knows what they're doing, because there's going to be a lot to do and what they're doing is funded on the high end of production scale for a home gaming product in its sector.

A VR game can be listed as AAA. A mobile game can be listed as AAA. A kids game can be listed as AAA. An AAA game could be something GAFers take one look at and go, "Fuck this shit," but flash-backwards to the guy applying for the job of making that game, he understands why they put AAA in the product listing when he sees the req and takes the interview.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I don't think it was a "bullshit announcement", games get canned some times. I don't see any generation where that doesn't happen tbh, that is simply the nature of business

It was real, just got cancelled for being too similar to Uncharted from what I heard.

EDMIX

It was real, just got cancelled for being too similar to Uncharted from what I heard.

yea i remember. They said something about having many 3rd person games in development and being too similar, but from what i saw I think gamers can understand that not all 3rd person games are created equal and that it offered enough differences to exist imho.

I think they should have continued to fund both games as the next gen after saw such a boom in open world games, revival of The Getaway would have helped greatly, but they moved massive units of PS4 regardless. Even with the massive push for open world games, they still didn't bring either game back, so I hope one day they reconsider it as we did see Nioh actually be a thing even with a cancellation.

We can dream.

1 day.

RPSleon RPSleon Facts. The drug smuggling that went on in the 90's might not be as crazy as the shit in the United States, but UK had some wild drug kingpins and just as much drug smuggling going on that I feel that time frame fits.

I'd say the current time also can work really, really fucking well too.

Last edited:

RPSleon

RPSleon RPSleon Facts. The drug smuggling that went on in the 90's might not be as crazy as the shit in the United States, but UK had some wild drug kingpins and just as much drug smuggling going on that I feel that time frame fits.

I'd say the current time also can work really, really fucking well too.
For sure. Theres also the fact that nostalgia will be pretty hard hitting too. Wether people grew up here or saw british films in other countries, it hits an age group thats probably going to be the target audience. And the fact that 90s fashion is coming back hard with alot of kids now.

And some of the cars were just so cool.
sjzMgKR.jpg
fZVd17w.jpg
cDEYoG2.jpg

And lets not forget the max power car modification 😍 and the neons. Basically nfsu.
aXcu86M.jpg

Theres alot of fun to be had with this.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Spotted on LinkedIn, the listing is for a senior game designer, and, in one section, it mentions key areas that the ideal applicant would already have experience in. One of them is combat design, which more or less confirms that London Studio’s new game will feature action gameplay. Although this isn’t particularly surprising since its last release was the 2019 PlayStation VR first-person shooter Blood and Truth.

What is interesting is that it also mentions co-op (both local and online) and online multiplayer gameplay. Blood and Truth was purely single-player, so London Studio seems to be branching out. In addition, it says experience with GaaS (games as a service) and ongoing games would be beneficial, which points to London Studio’s new game being some kind of live-service title, or at the very least feature live-service elements like regular and frequent post-launch content, season passes, and/or microtransactions.

Top Bottom