• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony London Studio Is Working On a Massive PS5 Game With Online Multiplayer

Caio

SIE London Studio might finally ditch VR and have a chance at a proper next-generation follow-up on PS5 with a new project that could include online multiplayer.

SIE London Studio has mostly worked on smaller projects, however, there are a few exceptions like Blood and Truth and The Getaway series. They were also behind the Eight Day demo that was showcased for the PS3 but never made it into an actual game. Their recent job listing suggests their next big project will offer online multiplayer.

Just like we took a look into Days Gone developer Sony Bend Studio earlier, to dig further into what they are working on, we have looked at Linkedin as well as their job postings on the official website. They currently have three job openings on their website while keeping in mind that these usually open during the start of a new quarter, and we are approaching the end of one now.

The job listings are for a Lead 3D Character Artist, Senior Gameplay Programmer, and Lead Online Programmer. The interesting part here is how they are mentioning AAA games as experience here for most of the positions. This is fairly standard practice, however, SIE London Studio’s Blood and Truth wasn’t really a traditional AAA game. It was received well by critics.

As for the Lead Online Programmer, it suggests that there will be multiplayer implementation in their new game. “As the Lead Online Programmer, you will work together with multiple disciplines within our engine and game teams to lead the development of the online features required for our next big title. These features could include networked physics and animation systems, game logic, matchmaking and session management, among others, ” reads the job listing.

I was hyped by Eight Day, and I was wondering if a similar Game could be in development for PS5, or The Getaway ?? What do you think guys ?

I was impressed and excited by the gameplay action in the Demo, sadly the project was cancelled.

Perrott

Gold Member
They are currently helping with the development of an Horizon VR game while also working on an unannounced VR title of their own:

So I doubt that these job listings are for a next generation AAA console project, as we are talking about a studio with just 80-100 people.

Last edited:
Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF

Leonardo Dicaprio Calvin Candie GIF

Last edited:

A.Romero

I remember really liking the trailer back in the day. Now that I see it again I think we pretty much got this game through GTAV.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Upcoming PS5 exclusive multiplayer titles...

Arrowhead Studio
Factions II (Naughty Dog)
Guerilla Games multiplayer
London Studio

I was hyped by Eight Day, and I was wondering if a similar Game could be in development for PS5, or The Getaway ?? What do you think guys ?

I was impressed and excited by the gameplay action in the Demo, sadly the project was cancelled.

Lol it's just Kane & Lynch.

I'm sure there'll be no shortage of cover-based third person shooters with scripted scenes out the wazoo on PS5.

Papacheeks

Banned
They are currently helping with the development of an Horizon VR game while also working on an unannounced VR title of their own:

So I doubt that these job listings are for a next generation AAA console project, as we are talking about a studio with just 80-100 people.

Days gone was made with that amount.

> SIE London Studio might finally ditch VR and have a chance at a proper next-generation

ditching VR means ditching nextgen and going back to ancient flat boredom

it may be a psvr2 project

anyway, looks like last year's rumors for Horizon ZD VR by London Studio were null. Either that or they just cancelled it - or it's this one after all

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Would love to see Eight Days get resurrected. The game was impressive for PlayStation 3 so just imagine what the game could be like on PlayStation 5...oh man!!!

Oh wait...online multi-player? Unless it's a game I want to play and the single player campaign is good, it will be a pass for me.

Vick

Gold Member
I wish Sony did some more MP games.
Complementary Multiplayer, like in Uncharted/TLoU/Ghost of Tsushima, is cool. Primary focus on Multiplayer? No thanks, not the reason i own PlayStation platforms.

It's cool to have for those who like them but absolutely not at the expense of their single player games, which, for me, are the key pillar of this brand. I'd stop being a supporter immediately.

Kagey K

Banned
Complementary Multiplayer, like in Uncharted/TLoU/Ghost of Tsushima, is cool. Primary focus on Multiplayer? No thanks, not the reason i own PlayStation platforms.

It's cool to have for those who like them but absolutely not at the expense of their single player games, which, for me, are the key pillar of this brand. I'd stop being a supporter immediately.
I don’t think you are going to be a fan of this next gen.

The writing is in the wall already.

Arun1910

I would love if they revive this game

more footage here, and before some idiot quote me and say it doesn't look impressive this footage is from 2006

Looked impressive but very on rails.

Then again, it was 2006. Doubt the vision would be exactly the same in 2020 (assuming they are using this as inspo for a new title)

Vick

Gold Member
I don’t think you are going to be a fan of this next gen.

The writing is in the wall already.
We'll see. At the moment i'm okay with Miles Morales, Forbidden West, Ratchet and God of War. And hopefully the new San Diego game. Naughty Dog also said they'll forever do SP games, even if they'd probably release a huge Factions stand-alone. I just hope i'll like their next game, if anything.

Last edited:

sono

Gold Member
So a game studio is working on a new game which "could include online multiplayer."

Thank you.

Top Bottom