• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is the World's biggest video game company,beating out Tencent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaSeoul

Mod edit: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/top-ten-biggest-video-games-companies-by-revenue.1597292/

The Japanese company maintained its number one spot with around 25 billion USD in revenue.
Sony's gaming segment drives full-year revenues to $81.7 billion.

L6wcsAj-768x240.jpg

FHk03spWQA4u599

EtSMJw6WQAIek6r

Last edited by a moderator:
Very old news. To honor your fallen brother, he already had that list in May:

Depending on how far reaching their sub service will go (will it eventually come to PC, or potentially do streaming via and app or USB dongle?) they could make money hand over fist. They definitely need to think along the same lines as Microsoft in that regard.
Their games will sell the service and I think the BC library will actually be quite good. It’ll be interesting to see how much it grows revenue or eats into physical sales.

ParaSeoul

Very old news. To honor your fallen brother, he already had that list in May:
Little more than just that list there.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
In other news Sony and Tencent are in talks for a buyout. Sonycent will become a powerhouse for commun-*ahem* gaming 😜

Seriously though, I'm happy a proper fucking company is on top. I mean no major gaming company is without a lot of flaws but you could do A LOT worse lol.

Depending on how far reaching their sub service will go (will it eventually come to PC, or potentially do streaming via and app or USB dongle?) they could make money hand over fist. They definitely need to think along the same lines as Microsoft in that regard.
Their games will sell the service and I think the BC library will actually be quite good. It’ll be interesting to see how much it grows revenue or eats into physical sales.
They need multiplayer games to grow the service. People already buy the single player games. I highly doubt people will jump in masses to subscribe to a service, for the same single player games. If they build up a catalog like ps2/ps3 days, they will sell by the boatloads, and still have people in line. I don't get the discontent with multiplayer games, as those are what sell a fuck ton.

ParaSeoul

They need multiplayer games to grow the service. People already buy the single player games. I highly doubt people will jump in masses to subscribe to a service, for the same single player games. If they build up a catalog like ps2/ps3 days, they will sell by the boatloads, and still have people in line. I don't get the discontent with multiplayer games, as those are what sell a fuck ton.
This will probably end up being a MP game

The Japanese company maintained its number one spot with around 25 billion USD in revenue.
Sony's gaming segment drives full-year revenues to $81.7 billion.

L6wcsAj-768x240.jpg

FHk03spWQA4u599

EtSMJw6WQAIek6r

The top 10 shared in tour post is false, BigN and MS numbers are higher than that. MS numbers for exemple are the ones from 2020...

This will probably end up being a MP game
Not just one game though, they need several at the very minimum. Look at all of the COD, BF, FIFA, etc. Or even all the games MS released. They all have multiplayer, and that's what gives replayability. Not just beat the game one or two times, to never pick it up again.

If Sony can get it right, they will be good to go, especially launching it day one on steam.

ParaSeoul

Not just one game though, they need several at the very minimum. Look at all of the COD, BF, FIFA, etc. Or even all the games MS released. They all have multiplayer, and that's what gives replayability. Not just beat the game one or two times, to never pick it up again.

If Sony can get it right, they will be good to go, especially launching it day one on steam.
Maybe that new Guerilla team will make a Killzone who knows?

Anyway theres also Gaf's highly anticipated The Last of Us 2 Factions mode
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That's a bit surprising. But I guess this includes console hardware revenue. In terms of just software they are surely not even in the top 10?

Tschumi

This is that i meant on that previous thread the other day, it's not a level playing field, it just has to be accepted, it won't change for a generation and a half at least ... And that doesn't seem likely at the mo'

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
This is that i meant on that previous thread the other day, it's not a level playing field, it just has to be accepted, it won't change for a generation and a half at least ... And that doesn't seem likely at the mo'
By the end of the gen its going to be different, because MS will have a higher console installbase, gamepass subs, PC sales, Smart device sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom