• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is Looking to Expand its ‘PlayStation PC Game Experiences’ Department

Stuart360

Who cares about building a team. Just tell nixxes to port Bloodborne. I'll save Jim Ryan some time and write down the e mail he has to send nixxes:

Subject: ACTION REQUIRED. Bloodborne PC port

Hey guys,

I know you are busy patching up spiderman and also working on miles morales through september. Once you cross that out from your list give the team some rest and let's work on the following:

Let's port Bloodborne to PC and also use that version as a baseline for a PS5 release later. Had a meeting with the shareholders and they seemed puzzled about the success of Eden ring. We need to get a piece of that action. Let's make sure the PC version has the following features:

-Arbitrary resolution support.
-60 FPS. Higher framerate support would be nice to have but I'll let you guys decide.
- uncompressed textures
- texture filtering
- cromátic aberration toggle
- DLSS/FSR

I was thinking about releasing this in Q3 2023. Let me know how feasible this is. Also let me know if you don't all the source materials from Japan I may have to chime in.

PD: There's a guy camping outside my house. He is getting on my nerves. Wears a cowboy hat, I think he goes by Bryan or something. Hopefully he goes away soon, not sure what he wants...

Kind regards
I actually think Sony have someone remaking Bloodborne, Demon's Souls style.
Its the only thing i can think of as to why they havent ported the game to PC yet when everyone has been asking for it, and PC gamers lap up Souls games.
Same with doing a PS5 patch, they havent done one because they are probably remaking he game.

If i'm wrong with all that then fuck knows whats going through Jims head as everyone else seems to realize Bloodborne would do great on PC, probably better than any of their games released so far.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I mean I can give you a quick and easy example.

In Uncharted 4 there are multiple fake obstacles that look like platforming sequences but in reality are scripted/handholdy to the point where the devs literally won't let you make a mistake and just wont let you jump unless all the moving parts are lineiup correctly.

dumbed down, because they are afraid they'll lose all the casuals if they have to actually time their jumps.
Plus let us always to disable things for retards and baddies, like aim assists.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
But a PC launcher using your PSN account would be the PS ecosystem.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Jaybe

First party SP component games will be launching day and date on PC by 2024.
I don’t see this at all. They will get the game out as soon as it’s ready for PS5, then do the work for PC. That time will get tighter but there is no reason to delay releasing what’s ready. The only games that may be day and date will be GaaS live service based ones.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I don’t see this at all. They will get the game out as soon as it’s ready for PS5, then do the work for PC. That time will get tighter but there is no reason to delay releasing what’s ready. The only games that may be day and date will be GaaS live service based ones.

That's what Nixxess is for. Helping port stuff day and date in the long term.

reinking

Gold Member
no, I simply don't care for games that are obviously prioritising show over substance, which sadly most of Sony's games do.
most AAA games in general actually, and most of Sony's studios make these typical mainstream AAA games that are clearly designed to be playable by mainstream game journalists 🤣 meaning they need to be really dumbed down
They should totally switch focus to a smarter genre like dude-bro western shooter games. So much depth in those.

I like gameplay and interesting Gamedesign. I know I'm in the minority on here, in the gaming scene in general.

how else could one explain how games like The Order 1886 or Ryse have defenders that say they are good games :)
There's always going to be people praising and defending literally any game. The majority of the people who praised The Order praised it for its story, setting, and atmosphere. I havnt seen anyone praise it's gameplay. Also, it was a first effort by a studio that clearly put most of their effort into the games presentation. What a phenomenal looking game and it came out in 2015 no less. Sequels are always much better.

As far as depth. Yeah ND games don't have much mechanical depth but then again most games outside of rpg's and strategy games lack depth. Does the typical open world even have much depth? Not any more than Sony's recent open world games. I agree with you about ND. Especially with the "push this crate to climb to another area" puzzles. That's treating gamers like we're idiots kind of stuff.

Since Sony is going away from AAA single player games, and all out on gass, don’t really care if they dump all the games on pc, I am still going to play the 1 single player game that comes out every few years, like it or not SP games are a dying breed, gaming will become more like mobile gaming in few years time,

Last edited:

Jaybe

That's what Nixxess is for. Helping port stuff day and date in the long term.
Doubt day and date, doesn’t seem to make sense to delay the PS5 versions, and they have never articulated that as a vision, and it seems counter to maximizing sales.,,, , but we can agree Nixxes was bought to shorten the cycle to PC release.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Since Sony is going away from AAA single player games, and all out on gass, don’t really care if they dump all the games on pc, I am still going to play the 1 single player game that comes out every few years, like it or not SP games are a dying breed, gaming will become more like mobile gaming in few years time,
Rather than dying, they're just becoming their own niche in the industry. Gaming as a whole is separating into different niches, and GAAS/MP just happens to be the one where the big money is at the moment.

Still plenty of great SP games tho.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
no, I simply don't care for games that are obviously prioritising show over substance, which sadly most of Sony's games do.
most AAA games in general actually, and most of Sony's studios make these typical mainstream AAA games that are clearly designed to be playable by mainstream game journalists 🤣 meaning they need to be really dumbed down
You're right, but will never win that argument here. These are the same people who prioritize graphics over all else, what to have their hand held every step of the way, and play games at 30 fps.

Topher

Gold Member
You're right, but will never win that argument here. These are the same people who prioritize graphics over all else, what to have their hand held every step of the way, and play games at 30 fps.

Well that's just bullshit. I love Sony's games. I have never prioritized graphics over all else and I certainly don't play games at 30fps. Sorry to fuck up your shallow generalization.

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Suppose you have a decent PC ( and by decent I mean at least 3060/2070s ). And you are not in a rush to spend 100$ CAD /80 US on day one PS exclusives. then honestly owning a PS5 is useless. The same goes for the Xbox mind you.

But then again aside from like 1 game, I don't buy day 1. probably a minority in a hardcore gaming forum. but games drop down in value by half in 6 months or so ( especially if you buy the game from Facebook market place etc )

ACESHIGH

Banned
I actually think Sony have someone remaking Bloodborne, Demon's Souls style.
Its the only thing i can think of as to why they havent ported the game to PC yet when everyone has been asking for it, and PC gamers lap up Souls games.
Same with doing a PS5 patch, they havent done one because they are probably remaking he game.

If i'm wrong with all that then fuck knows whats going through Jims head as everyone else seems to realize Bloodborne would do great on PC, probably better than any of their games released so far.

I am not sure about having someone like for example Bluepoint taking care of Bloodborne. Their remakes are technically great but they make lots of questionable artstyle choices. In Demons souls they botchered the OST and monsters looked like World of Warcraft rejects.

bender

What time is it?
Hopefully one day a new leader comes in and they completely reverse all this pc stuff.

If it hurts the brand, everything they are doing in the PC space can easily be reversed but that's obviously not what is happening currently as evidenced by this thread.

I am not sure about having someone like for example Bluepoint taking care of Bloodborne. Their remakes are technically great but they make lots of questionable artstyle choices. In Demons souls they botchered the OST and monsters looked like World of Warcraft rejects.
Sony are leaving a lot on the table with Bloodborne. What with the monstrous success of Elden Ring, a Bloodborne remake should be top of their list.

bender

What time is it?
Who cares about building a team. Just tell nixxes to port Bloodborne. I'll save Jim Ryan some time and write down the e mail he has to send nixxes:

Subject: ACTION REQUIRED. Bloodborne PC port

Hey guys,

I know you are busy patching up spiderman and also working on miles morales through september. Once you cross that out from your list give the team some rest and let's work on the following:

Let's port Bloodborne to PC and also use that version as a baseline for a PS5 release later. Had a meeting with the shareholders and they seemed puzzled about the success of Eden ring. We need to get a piece of that action. Let's make sure the PC version has the following features:

-Arbitrary resolution support.
-60 FPS. Higher framerate support would be nice to have but I'll let you guys decide.
- uncompressed textures
- texture filtering
- cromátic aberration toggle
- DLSS/FSR

I was thinking about releasing this in Q3 2023. Let me know how feasible this is. Also let me know if you don't all the source materials from Japan I may have to chime in.

PD: There's a guy camping outside my house. He is getting on my nerves. Wears a cowboy hat, I think he goes by Bryan or something. Hopefully he goes away soon, not sure what he wants...

Kind regards
alfred-never.gif

I figure they'll wait until the end of the generation or the start of next generation for a remaster.
Send of the PS5 singing into the sunset with a remake of one of PS most beloved IP's. Makes a lot of sense that.

With COD mobile I'm sure they've gotten close.
Mobile doesn't count.

Shouldn't even be mentioned in here. Blasphemy

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Send of the PS5 singing into the sunset with a remake of one of PS most beloved IP's. Makes a lot of sense that.

Mobile doesn't count.

Shouldn't even be mentioned in here. Blasphemy

I think PS6 makes the most sense. Bloodborne isn't that old and newer hardware let's them make the biggest visual leap. It also gives them a launch title like DeSo on PS5.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
That's what gets consoles off the store shelf.

Do you honestly believe new console buyers will be flocking to Best Buy to pickup a PS5 or Series X to play Tetris?
It's what attracts people who don't care about gameplay. I'm not saying graphics don't matter, but it's not the most important thing. And I'm not singling out Sony here, most AAA games are shallow and bland.

Graciaus

It's a win for pc. But I haven't cared about Sony since they switched to being a Western company. Everything brought to Steam so far is boring.

Braag

Even if Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo teamed up on one PC launcher, they wouldnt stand a chance against Steam.
Pretty much. They should just cut a deal with Steam like EA did and sell their games on the most popular platform on PC.

Just like Xbox, all PS5 first party games will end up day and date on PC.
Sony, just like Microsoft, know that you have console gamers and you have PC gamers. Selling your games on PC isn't going to make a console gamer suddenly jump ship to PC.
They will still sell the same amount of consoles but more games.

Just like Xbox, all PS5 first party games will end up day and date on PC.
Sony, just like Microsoft, know that you have console gamers and you have PC gamers. Selling your games on PC isn't going to make a console gamer suddenly jump ship to PC.
They will still sell the same amount of consoles but more games.
I think the PS5 will sell less than the PS4 over its lifetime when they do day and date pc. Might not even reach 100 million. But hey, more pc sales.

It's what attracts people who don't care about gameplay. I'm not saying graphics don't matter, but it's not the most important thing. And I'm not singling out Sony here, most AAA games are shallow and bland.
If it looks good, plays ok and has a decent story then its more than enough for most folks.

Not sure why you had to mention you're not singling out Sony because both Xbox and PS have AAA games like these and both camps have millions of users who will flock to buy the latest AAA title from their studios.

Not all games have to have these deep gameplay systems. I like that Xbox and PS cater to all audiences but in the end what gets consoles out the door is the abililty to push technical and visual boundries each and every generation.

yurinka

https://akibon.com/sony-looking-to-expand-its-playstation-pc-game-experiences-department/

This is more than just porting PS games to PC, this is going to be a whole department they are going to build from the ground up, once they have a director to start organizing the department and get moving on staffing hires, Sony will have a part of SIE that will focus exclusively on bringing the PS experience to PC.

It's a major turn around for Sony, just in 2016 Sony was fighting against PC gaming when Andrew House said the reason for the PS4 Pro was to stop people from leaving their ecosystem to buy more graphically advantaged PC's:

https://metro.co.uk/2016/09/12/sony-names-pc-as-ps4s-main-competitor-not-xbox-one-6122877/

Sony is now embracing PC gaming, times have changed since the new leadership came in.
The change to expand themselves to PC and mobile didn't start with this leadership, it started with the previous one.

But Sony has no plan to release new games day one on PC, they will only port old games that were released originally years before on PS. And not all of them, only a few of them per year.

They are working to make a PC PSN store and a PSN PC launcher, plus "more emulators" so they may release emulated pre PS4 games on PC too.

I think the PS5 will sell less than the PS4 over its lifetime when they do day and date pc.
They said they don't plan to release games day one on PC.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This is a completely different Sony to one I've ever known.....they're talking about PC so much lately its like its becoming their priority.

Business men love huge growth opportunities and console is pretty much stagnant. PC is Jim's legacy and a huge easy win for him.

End of an era.

Top Bottom