• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Interactive Entertainment will publish Lost Soul Aside and Convallaria + Playstation Studios providing support. PS investing big in China

Oh maybe I confused tencent owning a stake in their company, not funding the game.
If I recall correctly Tencent doesnt own any stake in Game Science. Game Science devs are ex Tencent employees. Game Science doesn't want anything to do with them that's why they began their own studio. The other reason is being able to make AAA games for consoles. Then Tencent offered to fund them and Game Science declined. That's what I remember from it.

If I recall correctly Tencent doesnt own any stake in Game Science. Game Science devs are ex Tencent employees. Game Science doesn't want anything to do with them that's why they began their own studio. The other reason is being able to make AAA games for consoles. Then Tencent offered to fund them and Game Science declined. That's what I remember from it.

Zhuge claims they did shrug

I know its not related to China but where's Little Devil Inside? I donated to that game before they hit the goal to make a Wii U version...thats how long its been lol and I though Sonys involvement would push them...they claimed it was dropping in the past year but just went ghost again smfh

I hope in the future we also see some new dev studios in India, Egypt, Brasil, Kenya, Indonesia etc. Actual diversity.
I'd rather have Sony and MS spent some billions building something in very different countries than buying established studios for sometimes gajillions. I hope they won't only mimick existing games but come with fresh ideas or just tell us their myths and stories.

Top Bottom