• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan to headline GI Live: London

Topher

Gold Member
Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO and president Jim Ryan will be speaking with GamesIndustry.biz at GI Live: London next month.

Ryan will take part in a pre-recorded fireside chat that will discuss his history with PlayStation, his views on the brand and what the future might hold for the games business.

The session will be available to view online and in-person during GI Live: London on Thursday, October 7th (5pm BST). The event takes place alongside EGX at the Excel centre between Wednesday, October 6th - Friday, October 8th.

Tickets are on sale now.

The first day of the event is a digital-only meeting day, where attendees can arrange meetings online and connect over video calls. Day two and three will take place in-person, with all talks available to view online.

Standard tickets include access to all three days, entry to the EGX consumer show, both the physical and digital meeting system, all the talks and includes lunch on both in-person days. Digital-only tickets are also available.

Ryan joins Valve as one of the major speakers at the event. Valve will host a Q&A with game developers about all things Steam, including best practices and the Steam Deck. You have to be a ticket holder to take part in the Valve session.

Other speakers include Warner Music, GSD, Sega, Hiro Capital, Twin Suns and many more to be announced this week.

Confirmed companies attending include: Bandai Namco, Curve Digital, Devolver Digital, EA Originals, GamesCo London, Global Top, Humble Games, Kickstarter, LEGO Ventures, London Venture Partners, Makers Fund, Marvelous Europe, Playstack, Secret Mode, Sega, Sold Out, Sumo Digital, Tencent, Thunderful, Twitch, Ubisoft, Valve and Yogscast Games.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...nment-ceo-jim-ryan-to-headline-gi-live-london

Here is your chance Bryank75 Bryank75 . Buy your ticket now! Right here-> https://www.showclix.com/event/gi-live-london2021/listing

jim-ryan-laughing.gif

Last edited:

YukiOnna

This feels relevant (even though it's probably not)

On topic, regardless of my own feelings on his direction or anything, panels like these are always insightful in some way and you learn something new.

skit_data

wE0BkI9.gif

”We let the games do the talking”

I don’t know wether he’s good or bad for the company, it’s too early to tell. What I do know is I always thought he looks a bit like that orc captain in Return of the King.

yurinka

Kung Fu jimryan.gif

Dancing jimryan.gif
fuertes.gif

What is it with video game company's still using these old men to talk about games?
It's a record breaking CEO talking in a conference about how they dominate and will continue dominating their industry, not a salesman or youtuber.

It would be nice to see their game being announced and shown there, but she left Google in February so very likely it won't be the case because they still won't have anything to show.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I miss Kaz Harai.

And also Andrew House and Jack Trenton.

Kaz though a great CEO also made bad decisions that almost tanked Playstation. Jack was just a face and got out while he could, and grew as far as he could position wise. House also had done what he could position wise but things were changing.

Would love Andrew back more than anything. Was a smart guy with great relationships in Japan.

yurinka

I like Jade, but I don't think she has released a game since AC2.
These are some of the ones she released after AC2 (some of them were released after she left Ubisoft Toronto or Motive but were being co-developed by these studios she created and was leading while she was there), I may miss some other games:
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines
The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Freedom Cry
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Far Cry 4
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
Far Cry Primal
Tom Clancy's The Division
Watch_Dogs 2
For Honor
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Battlefield V
Anthem
Star Wars: Squadrons
(While she was at Stadia they released some externally developed 3rd party exclusives like Outcasters or Gylt)

Jim Ryan and valve?

Either incompatible partnership or signs of further cooperation (hopefully the latter)
Valve released games on PlayStation and now Sony released games on Steam. But I'd bet they are in separate conferences, each one will talk about their own business so I highly doubt they'd announce any particular cooperation.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I
Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO and president Jim Ryan will be speaking with GamesIndustry.biz at GI Live: London next month.

Ryan will take part in a pre-recorded fireside chat that will discuss his history with PlayStation, his views on the brand and what the future might hold for the games business.

The session will be available to view online and in-person during GI Live: London on Thursday, October 7th (5pm BST). The event takes place alongside EGX at the Excel centre between Wednesday, October 6th - Friday, October 8th.

Tickets are on sale now.

The first day of the event is a digital-only meeting day, where attendees can arrange meetings online and connect over video calls. Day two and three will take place in-person, with all talks available to view online.

Standard tickets include access to all three days, entry to the EGX consumer show, both the physical and digital meeting system, all the talks and includes lunch on both in-person days. Digital-only tickets are also available.

Ryan joins Valve as one of the major speakers at the event. Valve will host a Q&A with game developers about all things Steam, including best practices and the Steam Deck. You have to be a ticket holder to take part in the Valve session.

Other speakers include Warner Music, GSD, Sega, Hiro Capital, Twin Suns and many more to be announced this week.

Confirmed companies attending include: Bandai Namco, Curve Digital, Devolver Digital, EA Originals, GamesCo London, Global Top, Humble Games, Kickstarter, LEGO Ventures, London Venture Partners, Makers Fund, Marvelous Europe, Playstack, Secret Mode, Sega, Sold Out, Sumo Digital, Tencent, Thunderful, Twitch, Ubisoft, Valve and Yogscast Games.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...nment-ceo-jim-ryan-to-headline-gi-live-london

Here is your chance Bryank75 Bryank75 . Buy your ticket now! Right here-> https://www.showclix.com/event/gi-live-london2021/listing

jim-ryan-laughing.gif
I see a danger here, Ryan will be opening his mouth. Well, jokes aside, we shall see. It will likely be a nothingburger.

Top Bottom