• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony finally now allows players the option to buy their PS Plus games

kyliethicc

"A feature that players have been asking for, what seems like far too long has finally come to the PlayStation Store, which is that if you’ve redeemed a game through PlayStation Plus, you now also have the option to buy that game if you want to keep it should you ever cancel your subscription.

It’s something so obvious and seemingly small that it should have been there a long time ago, though up until seemingly recently it wasn’t possible. If you wanted to keep playing any of your PlayStation Plus games you needed to have the subscription, and while that still remains true, it’s good to have the option to buy a game that you could potentially be really enjoying and wouldn’t want to lose because you can’t or don’t want to pay for a subscription."

Bout time.

Last edited:

TrueLegend

Man all store except steam need to make purchases easy and comfortable for players Epic, Windows, Xbox, Sony, Origin, Uplay all of them. I mean failing to collect money from people willing to pay is the ultimate failure of any marketplace.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Bloodborn. One of these days I’m going to play this damn game that the everyone keeps talking about.
Oh God Smh GIF

Lognor

Banned
That was such a bizarre oversight! So if you claimed a game on plus, let your subscription expire, you couldn't buy that game outright? Huh

kyliethicc

So apparently it seems that was on PS5, now its also on the web store and PS4.

I think, at least.

ethomaz

Banned
That was such a bizarre oversight! So if you claimed a game on plus, let your subscription expire, you couldn't buy that game outright? Huh
That is not the case… you could always buy the game if your sub expired.

The “issue” was that when you are still subscribed to Plus you can’t buy that game… only get it via Plus.

People weirdly wanted a option to buy a game even when you have it on Plus already without need to unsubscribe to Plus.

Yeap it is crazy.

BTW that “issue” only existed on PS4 store in the past… PS5 Store was already launched giving that option and the PS4 Store was fixed months ago either.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Yes, you could. You just couldn't while you were still subscribed. And I guess the rationale behind that was that why would you want to buy it when you already have it. And yeah, I don't really know why anyone would want to do that. Maybe if there's a good sale or something, and you're planning on unsubscribing but won't be able to until the sale is over? That's pretty much the only reason I can think of.

Last edited:
Top Bottom