• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony did me dirty. Auto renewed my PS+ using the funds in my Wallet. Now I have nothing left for God of War.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You do not need to subscribe to anything to play online or for cloud save etc. they’re all free on PC
Yeah no shit, but if you do subscribe to a game, streaming service, etc, it auto renews and you have to turn it off. Like any and all sub services. PC is not immune just because it's PC.

Last edited:

dcx4610

I've had that happen at least twice to me in the past decade. Since it renews only once a year, you kinda forget about it and then one day, you are $60 poorer. You have to remember to disable auto-renew if you sub to it. At least Amazon sends you warning that your Prime is about to renew. I don't recall that with PS+.

Genx3

I'm sure I can, I just have to sneak it in the wallet before the Wife notices. I'm supposed to be buying school supplies this week. But Things could go missing.......
LMAOL!

What kind of a man has to ask his wife for permission to buy a video game??

I propose you save up the $70 and instead by your balls back so next time you don't feel the need to hide your purchase from your wife.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Yeah no shit, but if you do subscribe to a game, streaming service, etc, it auto renews and you have to turn it off. Like any and all sub services. PC is not immune just because it's PC.
You can easily access to all basic functionalities such as online gaming without sub on PC. Can’t say that for consoles

DeVeAn

Bro... has nothing to do with PlayStation.

Every single sub service auto renews by default. Just take the 10 seconds and turn it off.
I’m just saying I literally had PlayStation support tell me something is my fault. It’s not an attitude I expect in customer service. Auto renew being on by default isn’t ideal and doesn’t matter what company bruh.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Well, I don't think Sony did anything wrong in this situation.

Have you tried reaching out and asking them to cancel?
Are you really defending the default option of autorenew without asking over giving the customer an easy option to chose that they ask first? Clearly this practice has costs consumers many millions over the years in unwanted renewals. A decent company would not do this to consumers but since everyone does is now they are right? People put up with bullshit so long that now they defend it as if it is morally correct for large corporations to take whatever they want. I signed up for PS+ once and I had to search and search for the flag to untick autorenew. That it takes time to find will cause even more people to postpone that effort and end up paying for something they didn't really want.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Are you really defending the default option of autorenew without asking over giving the customer an easy option to chose that they ask first? Clearly this practice has costs consumers many millions over the years in unwanted renewals. A decent company would not do this to consumers but since everyone does is now they are right? People put up with bullshit so long that now they defend it as if it is morally correct for large corporations to take whatever they want. I signed up for PS+ once and I had to search and search for the flag to untick autorenew. That it takes time to find will cause even more people to postpone that effort and end up paying for something they didn't really want.
And those companies knows EXACTLY that this is the situation and they’re keeping this immoral and should be illegal practice. Some of them give you like 4 or 5 pages of yes cancel. Yes cancel. Yes confirm. With all kinds of warnings just to disable auto-renew. It is ridiculous.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
You can easily access to all basic functionalities such as online gaming without sub on PC. Can’t say that for consoles
yea but the amount of cheaters on PC, yikes.
Console players avoid PC players as much as possible if theres crossplay

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
yea but the amount of cheaters on PC, yikes.
Console players avoid PC players as much as possible if theres crossplay

Thankfully the amount of cheaters isn’t as exaggerated as console players think. Will rather have free online tbh after trying both consoles and PC

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I’m just saying I literally had PlayStation support tell me something is my fault. It’s not an attitude I expect in customer service. Auto renew being on by default isn’t ideal and doesn’t matter what company bruh.
Yeah, no shit. Already made that clear in follow up posts that it isn't ideal and should be easier to turn off (with other companies), Sony does make it easy within app, other sub services you need to be in front of computer since there is no in app option.

Well... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Bank

But yes, I also don't understand why people put money in their digital wallets in advance. I think for some people it's a way to make sure they don't "accidentally" spend that money on something else, but damn, is some self-control that hard?

I bought $500 worth of $25 PS Store cards and loaded my wallet to the max. Just wanted to have it all ready to go for whenever I decide to buy something.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I bought $500 worth of $25 PS Store cards and loaded my wallet to the max. Just wanted to have it all ready to go for whenever I decide to buy something.

Why do you need it "ready to go" though? You could just spend the money when you actually want to buy something.

A.Romero

Not really. I didn't know every time you renew manually the auto renew option was re-activated automatically. That part sucks.

Don't really care, my man.

Wonder how many generous people on the forum have been conned into giving this guy money

Someone already offered to buy it for him a week before release, close the thread ffs

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Auto renew is always on by default....lesson learned by you to turn it off after you subscribe. Its not a Sony thing....Switch online service is the same way

Top Bottom