• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony creating new mobile division inside of PlayStation Studios

Vae_Victis

Banned
Get ps1 games playable on mobile. Controller enabled and trophy linked. Cheap to make and some killer back catalogue to mine.

Maybe then port it to the PS5
You can pretty much do that already through third party emulators, minus the trophies of course.

There is no point in competing against free. You need to either offer unique content (i.e. new games) or much better service (but emulators are usually stupid easy to set up and run on phone, if you are enough of a nerd to care about PS1 games in 2021 chances are you are enough of a nerd to figure out how to use one).

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i dont see anything wrong with this, its the future anyway, and would bring more income for Sony if succeed.

Furthermore, since Sony invest alot in anime, i believe they may publish more anime games on mobile.

Last edited:

Reallink

Only if you have waifus to make gacha

Sony has no waifus
If by "no" you mean best:

nrIoU41.jpg

VPh6GJW.jpg

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
TLoU2 golf game, a ratchet endless runner, bloodborne card game. The possibilites are endless.

BlackM1st

Banned
So is Candy Crush and Fortnite but doesn't mean they are good or should exist in the gamer realm. They do nothing to grow the industry (except get that cash from the casual gamers and the tweens)
We are not discussing the right or wrong. Sony just wants a piece of that pie. Corporations doesn't operate in any realms except the realms of money making.

Aenima

I hope this fails. Is Sony refusing to learn any of the lessons that the last decade showed them?
You mean the lesson where Sony prints money with a single mobile game?

Sony, Not Tencent, Owns the Highest Grossing Mobile Game of 2019​

Fate/Grand Order surpasses Honor of Kings for the second year in a row.​

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/01/25/sony-not-tencent-owns-the-highest-grossing-mobile.aspx

Just shows how much of this forum live in a bubble.

BeardGawd

Banned
So with MS they are pushing for full console games via streaming.

It appears PS is headed towards native mobile games?

Interesting times ahead.

MS should perhaps open a mobile games studio as well. Native Halo on mobile?

AmuroChan

Why? Sony already has a mobile game division under Aniplex. What IPs can PlayStation leverage that will bring in as much money as their anime gatcha games, like Fate/Grand Order?

harmny

Banned
called it on the other thread. thanks

I can tell you how sony can make a lot of money without spending nearly as much but you are not going to like it. It's called freemium mobile games with gacha mechanics and microtransactions

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
First Tv tv tv tv.

Now mobile. I think you guys might be on to something with Jim.
I’ll say this again! Tv tv tv was Microsoft with xbox one! If you are going to talk at least be accurate!

Now that Xbox finally has IPs they might as well do mobile too! Then people will say! “Good job Phil spencer”

it’s always like this!

//DEVIL//

How can a company fuck up so bad their best division? seriously what the hell is wrong with Sony? they are just honestly killing the PlayStation momentum they had with the PS4 :/

No new games. no big games.
no exclusives we know about.
releasing their games on PC.
killing sony japan.
Raising the gaming prices.
censoring games for no reason ( oh no we can't show Lady's ass in DCM is too cute ).

for the love of god. stahppp

What will it take for someone to actually fire this old idiot?

Last edited:

Unknown?

How can a company fuck up so bad their best division? seriously what the hell is wrong with Sony? they are just honestly killing the PlayStation momentum they had with the PS4 :/

No new games. no big games.
no exclusives we know about.
releasing their games on PC.
killing sony japan.
Raising the gaming prices.
censoring games for no reason ( oh no we can't show Lady's ass in DCM is too cute ).

for the love of god. stahppp

What will it take for someone to actually fire this old idiot?
What the hell are you talking about? They have done a better job first year with PS5 than PS4 and the year isn't even over!

Agent X

If Sony would bring PSP/Vita caliber games to the mobile market it would be fantastic.

Yes, it would. They could easily adapt games such as LocoRoco, Patapon, Hot Shots Golf, and Smart As. These would all be excellent as mobile phone games, with very little modifications needed.

//DEVIL//

What the hell are you talking about? They have done a better job first year with PS5 than PS4 and the year isn't even over!

The effect of these decisions isn't gonna be apparent right now but down the line. Just like when Sony or MS buy a studio, its not gonna get their user base up the same day.

Just because the PS5 sold out now because it's riding the PS4 train doesn't mean they are not making horrible decisions one after the other.

I can already tell ( feel ) PS5 won't have enough unique games as much as the PS4 did have.

Batiman

Banned
I’ll say this again! Tv tv tv was Microsoft with xbox one! If you are going to talk at least be accurate!

Now that Xbox finally has IPs they might as well do mobile too! Then people will say! “Good job Phil spencer”

it’s always like this!
That was the point of my joke...

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Why? Sony already has a mobile game division under Aniplex. What IPs can PlayStation leverage that will bring in as much money as their anime gatcha games, like Fate/Grand Order?

Seems worth a shot either way; but this is just them expanding their mobile presence.. that probably won't be all just their big known IPs despite the job listing.

jaysius

Banned
I can’t wait until the Sony exclusives require mobile app game progress to aid key parts of the single player experience.

Gamerguy84

WTH is going on in here? They're expanding to mobile so they're doomed?

Unless they come out and say Naughty Dog has been busy on mobile games I don't see the problem.

IntentionalPun

it’s always like this!
Well Sony keeps doing things that make nerds mad and MS keeps doing things that make nerds happy.

In the end, Sony will still crank out amazing games and the PS5 is a fantastic machine and a fantastic value.

And the world will keep spinning, and they'll continue to dominate despite the armchair businessmen who think not focusing on backwards compatibility will be the downfall of the company.

Aenima

So with MS they are pushing for full console games via streaming.

It appears PS is headed towards native mobile games?

Interesting times ahead.

MS should perhaps open a mobile games studio as well. Native Halo on mobile?
They already made a Forza Mobile game, but it sucks.

IntentionalPun

WTH is going on in here? They're expanding to mobile so they're doomed?

Unless they come out and say Naughty Dog has been busy on mobile games I don't see the problem.
They've been doing mobile a long time really..

This is likely an indication of expanding the amount of mobile gaming.

Keihart

Yes, it would. They could easily adapt games such as LocoRoco, Patapon, Hot Shots Golf, and Smart As. These would all be excellent as mobile phone games, with very little modifications needed.
yeah but, you see...the thing with japan studios is that ..they..
Doctor Who Reaction GIF

i'm sorry, i can't.

Somoza

If it means another Gravity Rush or wipeout with gyro controls even if its on mobile. Fuck it, i will take it.

Top Bottom