• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony confirms $69.99 price for first-party PS5 games

• Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
  • Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)

Last edited:
PlayStation 5 Launch Day Games from SIE Worldwide Studios

• Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
  • Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)
80?!

hyperbertha

JE4qRjD.png

All digital gents and ladies will have to pay more, considering how slow prices drop compared to physical version...and that they cant even sell the game back as used. This is the world we are heading into. All the power is going to be held by corporate head honchos.

Edit: Imagine paying £70 for FIFA.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I suppose that helps explain the $100 price gap for the digital version. Everyone was making Sony revenue projections based on current-gen prices. If they get a bigger slice of that $70 pie (especially for these first party games) the digital edition should be making them a bunch more money going forward.

Mister Wolf

How long is the play length of Miles Morales to cost that much? I don't give a shit about the old Spiderman being packaged with it.

Blond

Banned
Said it before and I'll say it again, 60 dollars wasn't sustainable for the rise in development cost considering Americans buy the most games but pay the least for them. Also, game prices in Japan can reach 85 USD easy I was ready for 70 dollar games and figured it would've happened this generation. Scream and moan all you want but you can't keep expecting games to balloon in cost from the sheer work required to produce them and not expect to pay for it: games are so heavily favored in the consumers favor it's not funny.

Last edited:
Top Bottom