• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Bluepoint Games Acquisition Rumors Backed Up By Tipster Despite Recent Denial

Kuranghi

I forgot the Sony thing was even coming still, are they going do a Nintendo and announce it like 14 minutes before it airs?

We wouldn't even have enough time to post our customary gifs and photoshop our avatars onto a crashing train.

jakinov

I don’t see a point in them acquiring bluepoint they are going to run out of games to port/remake. Bluepoint can be contacted to make the next n projects. The PC porting studio makes sense because they will continue to create a bunch of new games going forward and would need someone to do the porting.

Is tipster a new type of hipster?!
It's the kind of guy that gives only the tip...

45005361.jpg

FrozenFlame

a) Sony, that usually just posts the companies acquisitions on the blog, was going to make a big deal about the Bluepoint acquisition, a company that is only known by few for their game ports.

VS

b) A guy is trying to claim that he knows stuff by tweeting his old vague tweet and referencing to something that someone in Japan accidentally leaked.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Last edited:

Shmunter

I don’t see a point in them acquiring bluepoint they are going to run out of games to port/remake. Bluepoint can be contacted to make the next n projects. The PC porting studio makes sense because they will continue to create a bunch of new games going forward and would need someone to do the porting.
I think Sony is eyeing them not just for remakes, but for their high quality technical prowess. The polish and attention to detail is a perfect fit for Sony expanding internal studios. New IP including.

Thought they were also r7moured to be doing a new game......blue point
Not that I've heard of, unless you mean a remake.

There are rumors that they may do a Metal Gear Solid Remake, but that rumor has very little evidence to being true as of now.

Kokoloko85

Theres plenty of games to remake. Theres a bunch of PS2/PS1 and PS3 games to remake. Aswell as IP’s from 3rd party studios.
Plus they want to create some games too like they have said in the past

SaucyJack

Absolutely, there is a shit ton of games needing a remake, reboot, remaster, sequel.

In no particular order:
- Syphon Filter
- Tokyo Jungle
- Tenchu
- Dino Crisis
- Jak & Daxter
- Sly Cooper
- Ape Escape
- Twisted Metal
- PS All Stars Battle Royale
- Motorstorm
- Mark of Kri
- Parappa
- Wild Arms
- Wipeout

…. and literally hundreds more.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Talent is talent, whether it is technical or artistic. Owning them means setting direction without competing against all other publishers.

ethomaz

Banned
Well some people are trying to post threads to deny the inevitable.

I mean Sony themselves posted a picture with it and fast removed... they have the work to make the design of the aquisition.

BTW what I think it happened:

- The Sony show was supposed to happen in June before the reveal of Nixxes and Housemarque aquisitions.
- So the Housemarque pic should already have the Bluepoint part becuase it should be already announced.
- They delayed the event and so forget to remove the Bluepoint part before post the Housemarque aquisition.

So it was leaked.
The changes to Sony have make the pic with Bluepoint by mistake is really really very low.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Absolutely, there is a shit ton of games needing a remake, reboot, remaster, sequel.

In no particular order:
- Syphon Filter
- Tokyo Jungle
- Tenchu
- Dino Crisis
- Jak & Daxter
- Sly Cooper
- Ape Escape
- Twisted Metal
- Motorstorm
- Mark of Kri
- Parappa
- Wild Arms
- Wipeout

…. and literally hundreds more.
Metal Gear Solid 1/2/3
Castlevania SotN
Resistance 1/2/3
Killzone 1/2/3
God of War 1/2/3
Ico

Knack
Knack 2

And clearly many want a Bloodborne remaster / PS5 PC port.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
BP has shown they can create assets fast. Their motion capture animations are top notch. The need to take the big step and actually design some new levels, add new a.i and bosses and they can do that with the mgs remake which hopefully isn't a 1:1 copy looks sotc and demon souls.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I thought this thread was about the fat Youtuber with the sunglasses, and I was like...you guys getting desperate here, huh?

Varteras

Gold Member
Hopefully this is true, loving the competition between Sony and Microsoft, just brilliant for us gamers to have two companies investing in studio's like this.
This. This is the attitude people should have. Not this all-or-nothing console warrior bullshit.

I still don't see it happening after their recent Twitter bio change.
The bio change really doesn't mean anything. They are publicly independent until formally announced otherwise. Neither Bluepoint nor Sony have issued official statements refuting or explaining the mishap. It's easily nothing more than Bluepoint helping to deflect the mishap for the time being until the official announcement.

Sony is not going to accidentally create an image welcoming Bluepoint the same way they did with Housemarque. There would be zero reason for them to do so unless an acquisition really did occur. It's also highly unlikely that the PR team of PlayStation Japan used a fan created image done in the same vein as the Housemarque image, that also happened to have Returnal in the background along with Demon's Souls, welcoming Bluepoint at pretty much the same time as every other outlet was posting about Housemarque.

It always seemed likely but let's be honest, PlayStation Japan didn't create that image that they weren;t supposed to share on a maybe so it's pretty much guarunteed now. Obviously, if it's announced at the rumoured show then they're doing that because they'll something of their new project to show people. If not they would have announced this like the other two recent acqusitions.
Hoprfully they have a bit more to show than just a logo or some offline CGI though.

Dream-Knife

Banned
What if they also started porting games to weaker hardware, such as the Switch?

yurinka

So no Metal Gear Remake?
The Death Stranding Director's Cut seems to be teasing a MGS remake by Bluepoint, and at the same time seems to have references to Blue Box, whose name and logo also seem to be a reference to PlayStation Studios and Bluepoint.

Maybe the Blue Box thing is a teaser of a MGS made by Bluepoint and published by Sony, who is also making the MGS movie. So maybe Sony asked Konami to allow them to make the remake to release it at the same time than the movie to crosspromote them. Maybe they are working on it and at the same time they announce the remake they also announce Sony bought Bluepoint.

I still don't see it happening after their recent Twitter bio change.
The recent Bluepoint Twitter bio change was to restore the one they had before. During some days they had their Twitter bio empty, but before that they had the same one that they have now.

Oh look, another random Twitter "leaker". Even if it turns out to be true, broken clock and all that.
Not sure but I'd say it was the one who leaked the Ghost of Tsushima expansion and even mentioned the Iki island.

Last edited:

In no particular order:
- Syphon Filter
- Tokyo Jungle
- Tenchu
- Dino Crisis
- Jak & Daxter
- Sly Cooper
- Ape Escape
- Twisted Metal
- Motorstorm
- Mark of Kri