• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Announces 2008 / Early 2009 PS3/PSP Line-up

Orlics said:
LBP, Resistance 2, Killzone 2. I'm there.

This plus Motorstorm Pacific Rift for me.

I'm not getting a PS3 until summer/fall (depending on news from Sony after E3 and my wallet), but it looks like there will be a good number of games to choose from. Even so on the PSN where I was really impressed the other day when my friend showed me Everday Shooter (just bought it on Steam), and Super Stardust HD.

Kintaro said:
This thread confuses me. Is all that people see is "sales" when they look at that list? "This might sell. This won't. This won't. This may. Shitty list!"

That's the new breed of "gamer" for you.

SolidSnakex said:
That's the new breed of "gamer" for you.

I approached it from two angles. As a gamer, I'm looking forward to a number of these games. However, looking at it from the health of the PS3 ecosystem, this lineup isn't lighting anyone on fire (Resistance excluded). Neither is Microsoft's, for that matter (Gears and Fable excluded).

tribal24 said:
wtf infamous? someone please say its not 09
There was a rumor once (I forget who) that development of the game is kind of in trouble and not going over well. That's kind of why I started to expect it to get pushed back.

Anyway, pretty good list. Stuff from SCEE and SCEJ (or well, most of it), I don't expect here until they come out in their respective territories. Games like Afrika, only SCEJ knows when it will be ready.

Oh yeah, if people notice, the PSN list only goes up to Summer 08. flOwer may very well be Fall.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
This is obviously a list of games with announced dates. If the dates weren't previously announced or set they aren't on the list. Of course there are more first party games that will make it out this year and early next year.

dammitmattt said:
I approached it from two angles. As a gamer, I'm looking forward to a number of these games.

Then that's all that should matter. How the games sell is up to Sony and how they market them.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
dammitmattt said:
Killzone - It was really a multi-million seller??? Besides, I said it will probably sell
Killzone sold better than God Of War I believe plus this one has a lot more hype and marketing. Motorstorm is also the biggest PS3 game so I think you are underplaying both these titles importance.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
dammitmattt said:
I approached it from two angles. As a gamer, I'm looking forward to a number of these games. However, looking at it from the health of the PS3 ecosystem, this lineup isn't lighting anyone on fire (Resistance excluded). Neither is Microsoft's, for that matter (Gears and Fable excluded).

I'm not sure what metric we're using here (I'm not sure what 'health of the ecosystem' means exactly), but LBP is probably the most 'buzzed about' original IP of the generation so far.

In terms of name recognition, Wipeout ain't to be sniffed at either. Nor Buzz, in Europe at least.

Dante

OldJadedGamer said:
What the hell is Sony Japan doing? Not a single first party Japanese game on the list? Really?

Siren is a Japanese game, but other then that, no there isn't anything there.....yet.

gofreak said:
I'm not sure what metric we're using here (I'm not sure what 'health of the ecosystem' means exactly), but LBP is probably the most 'buzzed about' original IP of the generation so far.

In terms of name recognition, Wipeout ain't to be sniffed at either. Nor Buzz, in Europe at least.

Wii Sports says hi.

Health of the ecosystem means more big games = more systems sold = bigger userbase = more games developed for system = more sales = etc.

Also, I'm not sure if some people believe this or not, but I (and many others) have the capability of independently judging game quality and sales potential.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Where the hell is White Knight Chronicles?

Does that mean that the ONLY big PS3 RPG coming out in Late 2008/Early 2009 is Valkyria Chronicles?

:(

Edit: Oh, it is only western developed stuff. I was worried for a moment here.

YYZ

Wipeout HD got a huge delay iirc, it was supposed to come out this month. Oh well, I don't have my PS3 at the moment anyway.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
dammitmattt said:
Wii Sports says hi.

Maybe second most then ;)

dammitmattt said:
Health of the ecosystem means more big games = more systems sold = bigger userbase = more games developed for system = more sales = etc.

Also, I'm not sure if some people believe this or not, but I (and many others) have the capability of independently judging game quality and sales potential.

Sure, I was just offering an opinion :|

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SolidSnakex said:
Notice that he posted that yesterday?

He posted that yesterday....plus it's Friday :)

well it's still say today on my NeoGaf ver :lol :lol

2496975741_92b5e1fb7b_o.jpg

i blame planet earth

Not that this really tells you anything, but this is what Jeff says about it in a reply on the PSblog

It’s an interesting title - completely unlike anything I’ve ever seen on any other console… ever. If we don’t talk more about it today, we will most definitely have the creators speaking about it more soon.

Jammy

Banned
I don't think the list is that disappointing, minus the PSP support. Yeah, SCEJ needs to produce for their floundering system, but there's other stuff in there. I just wish there were more adventures or RPGs in there.

But yeah, none of that stuff will light any charts on fire or excite people all that much. Killzone continues to be the Red Steel of the PlayStations, Motorstorm really only sold well because it was bundled everywhere, and Resistance 2, while most likely AAA, will just be bought by the same people that enjoyed the first.

batbeg

So... Linger in Shadows, which was just a tech demo, is there as a PSN title? Wha?

Jammy said:
I don't think the list is that disappointing, minus the PSP support. Yeah, SCEJ needs to produce for their floundering system, but there's other stuff in there. I just wish there were more adventures or RPGs in there.

But yeah, none of that stuff will light any charts on fire or excite people all that much. Killzone continues to be the Red Steel of the PlayStations, Motorstorm really only sold well because it was bundled everywhere, and Resistance 2, while most likely AAA, will just be bought by the same people that enjoyed the first.

. . .

Jammy said:

Oh dear...

Top Bottom