• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Announces 2008 / Early 2009 PS3/PSP Line-up

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Totobeni said:
that not related to Sony's lineup but anyway so Yakuza 3 a game that got released before Valkryia and sold even more still have no release date for NA ? WTF sega WTF tanned skin-san

Yakuza 2 isn't even out until September.

J-Rzez

dammitmattt said:
I do agree that it looks great, and I'm much more excited about it after the 1up/EGM coverage. I'm just not convinced that the entire community will jump on it like they will SOCOM 3.

And this is the one type of game where sales data does matter. You need a lot of people to purchase online-only shooters to build the community and keep it strong. Hopefully it delivers on the promise and makes this happen, and it's different enough from R2 and COD4 that it should stand on its own and carve out its own niche.

It was a bish joke. I didn't make any ban bets.

Oh, it will here's why: "SOCOM" is in the title, and it's on the "PS3" now. That's more than enough to get people excited. The SOCOM community is pretty rabid, and will buy it for those 2 reasons.

And yeah, if you ever played SOCOM's, you'd know this game has it's own niche, especially compared to Respawn-o-rama Shooters for people with attention disorders. At least Resistance has a bit of strategy it though.

wipEout(R) HD — PSN (Available Summer 2008 / Rated E10+)

One of the most beloved PlayStation franchises of all time returns with wipeout(R) HD for PS3. Available exclusively for download on PlayStation Store, players race at blazing speeds and experience adrenaline-filled, anti-gravity racing action in full-1080p High Definition (HD) running at a breathtaking 60-frames-per-second. Featuring a selection of the best tracks from previous versions of the wipEout franchise meticulously reworked for PS3, wipEout HD supports up to eight player online multiplayer racing in addition to various other race modes like Tournament, Time Trial and Speed Lap. Featuring a new Pilot Assist option to help players navigate tracks at blazing speeds, wipEout HD also includes a Photo Mode, support for the SIXAXIS wireless controller's motion sensing controls, and a bumping soundtrack with Dolby 5.1 surround.

I came.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Kagari said:
Yakuza 2 isn't even out until September.

so what ? they want us to wait a whole year to get english Yakuza 3 ?

just rename RGG Kenzan to something else , RGG Kenzan ( yakuza 3) is not even related to RGG1 and RGG2 and can be a new game , just rename it to Musashi Adventures or anything and give me my english ver
i already own japanese ver but can't play with it i thought it was import friendly

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Totobeni said:
so what ? they want us to wait a whole year to get english Yakuza 3 ?

just rename RGG Kenzan to something else , RGG Kenzan ( yakuza 3) is not even related to RGG1 and RGG2 and can be a new game , just rename it to Musashi Adventures or anything and give me my english ver
i already own japanese ver but can't play with it i thought it was import friendly

If it helps, they did announce that it was coming to the US. A date wasn't given though, but if I were to guess, early 2009.

kiUNiT

SOCOM: US Navy SEALs Confrontation — PS3 (Available September 16, 2008 / Not Yet
Rated)
BUY
LittleBigPlanet(TM) — PS3 (Available October 2008 / Not yet Rated)
BUY
MotorStorm(TM) Pacific Rift — PS3 (Available Fall 2008 / Not Yet Rated)
BUY
Resistance 2(TM) — PS3 (Available Fall 2008 / Not Yet Rated)
BUY
Killzone(TM) 2 — PS3 (Available February 2009 / Not Yet Rated)
BUY

For Me

FtsH

Totobeni said:
that not related to Sony's lineup but anyway so Yakuza 3 a game that got released before Valkryia and sold even more still have no release date for NA ? WTF sega WTF tanned skin-san
Games like Yakuza are very hard to localize since they are specially/exclusively build on certain culture and history background. I would say give them enough time.

Tetsuo9

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
943635_96894_front.jpg

Yeah, really. This has to be brought here.

And the boxart should not be echochromed in the process.
What's the name of this game?. I remember the duckroll's thread about this but I couldn't find it.

el Diablo

Banned
Bigmac573 said:
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/52727

CONFIRMED: Valkryia Chronicles to be released in November. :D

By the time this releases in the states it'll be damn near 2 full years since launch and we'll have 2 SRPGs (this and disgaea 3), 0 RPGs, and 1 in the pipeline (WKS).

If in future years we end up looking back on why the PS3 flopped / underperformed / insert negative term here the vast majority of it will fall on the lack of JP developed titles. They've done all of jack shit and have all of jack shit lined up in the pipeline. As great as some of Sony's stuff is, no way it can carry a system.

Bricfa

This isn't really a lineup announcement, is it? Seems more like it's just the list of games they were showing off at this event.

Top Bottom