• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony’s PlayStation 5 Exclusives VS Microsoft’s Concerning Future of Exclusive Games

Tripolygon

Banned
Almost everything you’re describing is in Far Cry as well, but it’s a different genre apparently because you can shoot guns 😆
Lots of games share certain mechanics but a given combination of mechanics are dominant and make a genre that's why we have ARPG, RRPG, WRPG, 3rd person shooter, 1st person shooter etc. The Witcher 3 also share some similar mechanics with Far Cry. Assassins Creed Black Flag and and Sea of Thieves share a similar dominant game mechanic and that does not make them similar either.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Honestly Sony has been killing it in the first party exclusive (hell even third party exclusive) market for awhile now. Microsoft could certainly come back around with third party exclusivity, and I feel they definitely may. At least their running this gen will be better than the XB1's.

I just wish Microsoft had more solid first party IPs. Sony definitely has them beat on that and it's no contest IMO.

I like that Microsoft doesn't make all their studios create 3rd person adventure games though. I'm not minimizing Sony's output but like someone mentioned, gamers like more than one kind of games and having multiplayer or family oriented games is nice. Next gen I expect MS to create more adult 3rd person adventure games but I'm glad they'll continue to create games like Ori, Cuphead, Forza Horizon, SoT and so on.

Valonquar

Remind me again how long it's taken MS to NOT get FFXIV on their consoles again due to them not playing well with other systems? At least Sony gets that right.

Ascend

RTX 2080 and 5700XT are similar guys. You heard it here first.

In any case... The success of the consoles will depend on initial sentiment more than anything else.
The PS2 had a sentiment the original Xbox could never reach.
Contrary to popular belief, the sentiment of the X360 was superior to that of the PS3, which is why it became a success despite the RROD
The whole Kinect and TV announcement of the Xbox One killed the positive sentiment for it, thus the PS4 won.

At this point, the sentiment is quite divided, which is a good thing. I would not underestimate the success of the XSX. People always say that exclusives sell consoles, but the data shows otherwise.

LED Guy?

Banned
RTX 2080 and 5700XT are similar guys. You heard it here first.

In any case... The success of the consoles will depend on initial sentiment more than anything else.
The PS2 had a sentiment the original Xbox could never reach.
Contrary to popular belief, the sentiment of the X360 was superior to that of the PS3, which is why it became a success despite the RROD
The whole Kinect and TV announcement of the Xbox One killed the positive sentiment for it, thus the PS4 won.

At this point, the sentiment is quite divided, which is a good thing. I would not underestimate the success of the XSX. People always say that exclusives sell consoles, but the data shows otherwise.
The difference is 16% so they are very similar.

RX 5700 XT is a 9.5 TF GPU, PS5 is 10.3 TF with RDNA 2 features.

You lied.

Top Bottom