• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic X-Treme Unity (Project SXU) - an attempt to recreate the canceled Sonic X-treme

SnapShot

It's a bit rough at the moment with the slippery movement and some bugs here and there but it looks interesting.
This is a project i started mainly just to learn Unity. It has helped quit a bit with that. This will not be a project of my main focus, as I have another game I am developing, however I will work on this in my spare time or when I need a break from my main project.

This project is in no way affiliated and or endorsed by Sega. All right's go to Sega.

Link to the project page on gamejolt and SAGEXPO

SpiceRacz

So, I've never actually played the Sonic X-Treme demo before. It's one of those gaming "what ifs" that fascinates the shit out of me. I downloaded the demo you linked and messed around with Jade Gully and the ice level. I'm confused how Sega looked at the games that were out at the time and this is the conclusion they came to for a 3D Sonic game.

Kazza

I'm glad this is just a side-project for him to learn Unity rather than a genuine attempt to create the game. I just feel that the whole "fish eye lens" would never have lent itself to great gameplay.

Impressive effort though.

Nice, I always wanted to try this game, Sega answer to Mario 64. Sega should really hire these folks and make a complete game much like what they did with other Sonic games.

Top Bottom