• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic The Hedgehog sequel in development

Sonic the Hedgehog” is getting a sequel.

Paramount Pictures and Sega Sammy confirmed on Thursday that they have commenced development on a sequel to the live-action family comedy. The sequel would reteam the filmmakers, with Jeff Fowler directing, and Pat Casey and Josh Miller writing the script.

The movie is still in the development stage so decisions have not been made yet regarding casting or a production start date.

NeoGiffer

7XQoR4M.gif

GIF-SONICMOVIE-animation.gif

Davey Cakes

Not a surprise. The Sonic movie was a success with the casual audience and the fans. Heck, we already had rumors of James Marsden being in talks for the sequel.

100% justified and I'm actually looking forward to it. Plenty of material to use.

Last edited:

belmarduk

Good.
It was the last major release that came before the coronavirus and, as much as it was maligned, turned out to be a really fun movie despite a year of mocking.

YCoCg

Nice, time to go all in on Mobius, less of the real world stuff (and certainly less Olive Garden/Amazon), more Robotnik and Speed parts.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Both it and detective Pikachu hit the marks as “good” video game movies, they were fun, the director and writers seem to care about the actual charecters and world, and they were made with good quality. Glad we’re getting a sequel.

I found the film surprisingly enjoyable, was expecting a complete trainwreck but it turned out to be pretty solid.

The redesign did wonders I think. I'd be up for a sequel.

Never really grew up with either 'Pokemon' or 'Sonic', but I found it surprising I enjoyed this one much more.

If I'd have to describe the movie in as few words as possible, they'd definitely have to be...oddly earnest. Who even makes the kind of movies these days that can conjure up that kind of feeling? Always liked James Marsden. Too bad his career never really took off, one way or another, as he's a decent actor. Jim Carrey kinda made me all nostalgic for that whole Ace Ventura era, where comedy used to be a significantly different beast.

Hopefully they'll tighten up the sequel in all the ways in needs to be.

Top Bottom