• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog (Mega Drive) (Prototype)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dreams come true.

Presenting, a prototype of Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Mega Drive / Sega Genesis.

This prototype has it all. Pink flowers in Green Hill Zone, RING, "the ball", UFOs in Marble, Sparkling Zone, Clock Work Zone, unused badniks, the works. This release wouldn't have been possible without Buckaroo, who was kind enough to allow us to show off the prototype for nothing. This was our goal here at Hidden Palace for many years, and we couldn't think of a better send off before the new year!

See you next game!

If anyone is interested in reading more about that era of Sega then I recommend the book Console Wars. Very fascinating dissection of the whole scene back then. Mainly focuses on Tom Kalinsky and the rise of SOA, but it gets into other industry players as well.

ItsGreat

These prototypes have been coming relatively thick and fast.

I have suspicions that they're fake. 😆
They just seem a little too 'convienient'.

We will know the truth someday. 10 years at most.

ksdixon

These prototypes have been coming relatively thick and fast.

I have suspicions that they're fake. 😆
They just seem a little too 'convienient'.

We will know the truth someday. 10 years at most.
cryptic?
though i kind of agree, it also seems like every other week im reading about new scientific theories or new discoveries

Top Bottom