• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something is awry at the Blue Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmunter

Sweet fuck, ANOTHER thread about this nothing company... this is getting stupid.

This is how thirsty people are for news.

The company isn't worth the words the name is made of.

We need to stop this madness.

Full Moon GIF by memecandy
This is one of these pseudo PlayStation Studio devs right?

I hope Sony knows what they’re doing and metacritic doesn’t get flooded with 40’s from some of these outfits.

MastaKiiLA

They debunked it by saying that's it's not Silent Hill. What more do you need? People are just ignoring that tweet or pretending that there's some sort of hidden message.
So they altered Google Translate too? Or Hasan Kahraman changed his last name to a name that Google Translate changes to Hiro from Turkish to Japanese, but changes Hideo into Kahraman in the other direction? All for what? The long con of cancelled KS and Steam projects, in the hopes that he could manage to pitch Sony on a project that would not only land him a blog entry and YT teaser, but also a dedicated hype app?

Fuck Kojima, this Hasan Kahraman is an absolute genius. We should start referring to longshot plans as Kahraman's Gambit, because this guy has Batman levels of planning.

What's more likely, that an unknown dev named Kahraman put all these bits in place for the last 6 years, to help promote a game that only raised a couple hundred dollars on KS, and had no forseeable future that could garner any amount of attention, or that Hideo Kojima is repeating the same viral publicity stunt he has performed in the past?

MiguelItUp

Yeah, all of this is pretty ridiculous, lmao. However, a lot of it points to things that are just a tad TOO coincidental to just exist. So it definitely feels like that studio and project are... shady, lmao.

jaysius

Banned
This is one of these pseudo PlayStation Studio devs right?

I hope Sony knows what they’re doing and metacritic doesn’t get flooded with 40’s from some of these outfits.
Steam Curator: BLUE BOX Game Studios (steampowered.com)
The Haunting: Blood Water Curse (EARLY ACCESS) on Steam (steampowered.com)

They made this, an early access game with actual bad reviews on Steam, which is pretty hard to do considering how easily people give a thumbs up on steam.

These clowns are living rent free in so many people's threads right now, it's hilarious to watch.

Videospel

The "staff" of Blue Box is a single guy, Hasan Kahraman. HQ his own apartment.

Other than that, from a portion of a huge post on the sub: "The blog posts contain pictures of the developers that posted them. Reverse image searching them only yields weird results. Probably stock photos, but who would use stock photos on their own developer blog, anyway?"

Personally, even if this almost gave me an heart attack:

FE5MgEE.png

I'm not yet sold for the simple reason i've gone through all of this too many times since Silent Hills cancellation, but the amount of coincidences is ridiculous. However, coincidences do exist.
Wow

Vick

Gold Member
Steam Curator: BLUE BOX Game Studios (steampowered.com)
The Haunting: Blood Water Curse (EARLY ACCESS) on Steam (steampowered.com)

They made this, an early access game with actual bad reviews on Steam, which is pretty hard to do considering how easily people give a thumbs up on steam.
About that, from Reddit user Amarylliscence:

"Original title: Theory: Blue Box Game Studios' game Abandoned is an AAA version of Rewind: Voices of the Past and got rebranded as the new Silent Hills game

First, let's check the Kickstarter page for their previous game Rewind: Voices of the Past. Here is the brief description of the game:

Rewind™ is a cinematic First Person Horror Adventure game for the PC, Oculus Rift and consoles. You play as Jim Walker, a professional paranormal investigator who lost his wife and daughter during a car accident 8 years ago. Jim had the desire to communicate with his wife and daughter one more time using EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena), and after a succesful session, he started to work as a paranormal investigator. For 8 years, Jim experienced real hauntings, communications and paranormal activities. He thought that he saw it all, until he came across a haunted mansion hidden in High Hills Village.
Jim struggles with his confusion, sorrow, depression and mental issues along his journey as a result of his loss he had 8 years ago. Along with his close friend and co-worker Jessica Thompson, Jim discovers the explanations of the paranormal activities he experienced. Investigate and explore High Hills Village, and witness the emotional story of Jim Walker.
Rewind™ contains dramatic, emotional and horrifying elements combined with cinematic gameplay with high quality visuals and audio. Experience the unforgettable journey of Jim Walker.
However:

Rewind will be fully funded by a private investor! This will allow us to achieve our goals within a short time span. We would like to thank our backers for their support, the campaign shall be cancelled later today
When looking at the game description, there are some interesting aspects. Paranormal investigator loses wife and daughter in an accident. Communicate with them through EVP (commonly done with radios), experienced hauntings, paranormal activities, all happening in High Hills Village.

For those who are familiar with P.T. (Playable Teaser for Silent Hills), the plots have a lot of similarities. You play as a guy, wife and child are murdered, radio keeps playing throughout the whole playthrough, the Lisa apparitions are commonly referred to as "hauntings" by the fans, and of course, all takes place in Silent Hills.

Now, a little bit more info from the Kickstarter page! The project was started March 18 2015, however, not even a month later, on April 6 2015, the project is cancelled since Blue Box received funds from a private investor. Interestingly enough, PT was cancelled in April 2015.

When looking at their old Greenlight Steam Page, it says this short update from September 12th 2015:

Early followers of Rewind: Voices Of The Past may know the older concept of the game when it was a First Person exploration game. Ever since Rewind: Voices Of The Past faced a new polished AAA concept, we decided to release the older version as an individual game named The Lost Tape. So the information you see here is the newest version.
So, from this we know that Rewind: Voices of the Past changed development to a new polished AAA (!) concept and an older version of the game was released as The Lost Tape. AAA development isn't cheap, and since Blue Box did not have any prior games released, the funding must have come from some big dudes, presumably Sony.

A last update was placed on their Kickstarter page on October 5th, 2015.

We've been asked regarding the development status of Rewind over and over and the asnwer is: Yes the game is still in development and has a whole new concept. You can follow the development over:
facebook.com/rewindseries
rewind-thegame.com
indiedb.com/games/rewind-a-mysterious-horror-game
Thank you all again and we hope to welcome you in our community as well!
All links are dead now, however, when looking at the second link through The Wayback Machine on May 13 2019, we find that the game was being developed solely for PS4, thus being a PS4 exclusive, which makes the Sony funding all the more probable. When looking at their website http://blueboxgamestudios.com/77 through The Wayback Machine on July 9 2019, we can see they had 3 unnanounced projects in the work, besides Rewind. Additionally, it says on their blog they acquired 11 new voice actors for their new project. The last post on their blog is from 2016, after that, only silence. The blog posts contain pictures of the developers that posted them. Reverse image searching them only yields weird results. Probably stock photos, but who would use stock photos on their own developer blog, anyway?

So, what do we get? Game gets funding and goes the AAA development road. Old website shows that Rewind was a PS4 exclusive, so probably got funding from Sony. Complete radio silence after this. Oh yeah, plot resembles that of P.T., and got funded almost at the exact same time of Silent Hills' cancellation. As you probably all know, the Youtube header from the Blue Box is just a simple picture of hills covered in fog. Their game presumably took place in High Hills. See where I'm going?

Three options:

• Very elaborate Kojima shizzles. Shit didn't go well with Konami, Kojima wanted revenge and already had plans thought out for the future Silent Hills. Created an elaborate Kickstarter page, created a Youtube channel (created in January 2015). Somehow Sony got involved and they started working on a Silent Hill game.
  • These are just regular Dutch developers working on a horror game and looking for a great publicity stunt.
  • I'm just down a rabbit hole and enjoying this way too much. Probably this one.
So, let me know what you think. I've enjoyed writing this up after stressing my ass off for my Master's dissertation, so this was just some relaxation for me. I'm really intrigued tho, and would love to know what you guys think!"

Gaelyon

Gold Member
As much as i want a new Silent Hill game, and with Kojima as game director i would be so hyped, Konami still own the IP and i don't see Konami allowing Kojima working on their IP (F*ck Konami) even with Sony or Xbox as publisher. But hopefully i'm wrong.

Sadly, Abandoned is merely a horror indie exclusive game for PS.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

As much as i want a new Silent Hill game, and with Kojima as game director i would be so hyped, Konami still own the IP and i don't see Konami allowing Kojima working on their IP (F*ck Konami) even with Sony or Xbox as publisher. But hopefully i'm wrong.

Sadly, Abandoned is merely a horror indie exclusive game for PS.
The game's name isn't that important. It's about Kojima's name. If that's there, we know that it's Silent Hills, whether it carries that label or not. He already started the project, so this would end up being the conclusion to that.

supernova8

Banned
We wanted to set things straight. We have no relations with Konami. Silent Hill is owned by Konami. We do not have any relations with Hideo Kojima. It was never our intention to tease the name as Silent Hill. We sincerely apologize for this.

Honestly I think this tweet by itself (which is now deleted but that's irrelevant) proves that this really is a Silent Hill game (in spirit, if not in name).

Why would this (clearly fictitious) studio even hype their game like that knowing that people will give it a big fuck off if it isn't what they think it is? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Spaceman292

Banned
All this wink wink nudge nudge stuff is completely different. Remember that the Phantom Pain logo had the outline of the words 'Metal Gear Solid' on it? They were barely trying to hide it. That's different from just saying 'This is not Silent Hill.'

skit_data

All this wink wink nudge nudge stuff is completely different. Remember that the Phantom Pain logo had the outline of the words 'Metal Gear Solid' on it? They were barely trying to hide it. That's different from just saying 'This is not Silent Hill.'
But it’s pretty close to saying ”Abandoned = S (first letter).... L (last letter)”

Last edited:

djkimothy

i dont know why people believe jeff tho.... he's the only one that has peeled this info and its clear he did this because of phils shelf

I don’t know why either. No one calls him out on this stuff.

He didn't say 'next game' as far as I remember but he said a game should be Xbox exclusive .

You’re right. I think what i meant to say was that he “debunked” the KojiPro link to Abandoned because he Kojima is busy making an Xbox/Xcloud game.

Either way. I can’t imagine KojiPro developing Death Stranding and a Silent Hill game simultaneously. SAbandonedL is coming out later this year…

Last edited:

reksveks

You’re right. I think what i meant to say was that he “debunked” the KojiPro link to Abandoned because he Kojima is busy making an Xbox/Xcloud game.

Either way. I can’t imagine KojiPro developing Death Stranding and a Silent Hill game simultaneously. SAbandonedL is coming out later this year…
I think he debunked it cause either no-one in the games media believes in this long con. Not cause of the xbox connection.

I am not sure that I believe in the long con, especially one that includes creating a real Dutch company.

I can see Kojima making a horror game but not sure if it's silent hill.

supernova8

Banned
"Let me tell you a story... a true story...
A story that could overcome to all of us.. Imagine.. waking up at a place far, far away from home. Away from your lost ones. Away from friends. Away from safety. Trying to understand how you got there. No one there to guide you. No one there to assist you. No food, no water. You've got nothing to survive.

But the complicated part is... Well, you're a prey. A powerless, thirsty, and a weak prey of a strong blood-loving community led by a religious nut job, a false prophet that will do anything for power, anything for wealth.

And when you realize this, you know it's the end...your end.

But you will never accept this. You will fight for a way out.

ABANDONED
"

This is the transcript of the Abandoned reveal video. Either I'm crazy or this is, as PT was, actually Kojima talking about "a true story" of how he was suddenly kicked out of Konami by a group led by top management who only cared about money.

SSfox

Remember the survival horror game Abandoned (placeholder) by Blue Box studies revealed via a Sony blogpost?

Due to a number of tweets by the studio's twitter handle, suspicions have been aroused. Consider the following:

After the avalanche of speculation because of this tweet, they did tweet the following:

However, they still did not directly say that the game is not silent hill.

Furthermore, the devs are going to release an application on PS5 which will render the game trailer in real time.

All of this could be explosive marketing with a very frustrating end, OR this could indeed by S I L E NT H I L L

A whole subreddit has sprung up around the analysis of these hints.

I am linking below the mega-thread with the accumulated analysis. Credit of course goes to the hard working members of /r/TheBlueBoxConspiracy and the author of the below post /u/nana_blair

Also...

792cb7b17e45a775335ea7b3c74479b5.gif

ZoukGalaxy

Remember the survival horror game Abandoned (placeholder) by Blue Box studies revealed via a Sony blogpost?

Due to a number of tweets by the studio's twitter handle, suspicions have been aroused. Consider the following:

After the avalanche of speculation because of this tweet, they did tweet the following:

However, they still did not directly say that the game is not silent hill.

Furthermore, the devs are going to release an application on PS5 which will render the game trailer in real time.

All of this could be explosive marketing with a very frustrating end, OR this could indeed by S I L E NT H I L L

A whole subreddit has sprung up around the analysis of these hints.

I am linking below the mega-thread with the accumulated analysis. Credit of course goes to the hard working members of /r/TheBlueBoxConspiracy and the author of the below post /u/nana_blair

Also...

We already have this thread: S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon

Last edited:

KiNeMz

Banned
Kojima always mentioned in the past he wanted to add a more social element to his games. This app is it. We are playing the game now.

Warablo

They literally tweeted it's not Silent HIll but somehow people are still saying it is. The question is, what other game title could it be with those letters?

Do people want a studio that literally only does touch ups to make a Silent Hill game anyway?

Last edited:

DelireMan7

They literally tweeted it's not Silent HIll but somehow people are still saying it is. The question is, what other game title could it be with those letters?

Do people want a studio that literally only does touch ups to make a Silent Hill game anyway?

Moby Dick studio literally tweeted their game is not a Metal Gear Solid game but somehow people are still saying it is.

Javthusiast

Banned

And JJ Abrams literally told me Cumberbatch wasn't Kahn. You have to believe creators always telling the truth man!

I am with you.

Justin Timberlake What GIF

Bridges

Please, add also those weird videos about a Siren Head strange project (monster is the same of that one figured in the silhouette of the mysterious PSN game found on the list of Hasan Kahraman):

Silent Hill(s) or not, I'd definitely play a game about this Siren Head monster

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The Siren Head game is peculiar. The game doesn’t exist on PSN yet it’s there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom