• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something is awry at the Blue Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the survival horror game Abandoned (placeholder) by Blue Box studies revealed via a Sony blogpost?

Due to a number of tweets by the studio's twitter handle, suspicions have been aroused. Consider the following:

After the avalanche of speculation because of this tweet, they did tweet the following:

However, they still did not directly say that the game is not silent hill.

Furthermore, the devs are going to release an application on PS5 which will render the game trailer in real time.

All of this could be explosive marketing with a very frustrating end, OR this could indeed by S I L E NT H I L L

A whole subreddit has sprung up around the analysis of these hints.

I am linking below the mega-thread with the accumulated analysis. Credit of course goes to the hard working members of /r/TheBlueBoxConspiracy and the author of the below post /u/nana_blair

Also...

Last edited:

Aion002

That's a lot of stuff...

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Last edited:

Spidey Fan

Banned
They did a mobile game about an obnormal stuff. They might making that one for the ps4.

I wouldn't get my hopes high. Last time we had, we got crushed by cyberpunk2077. Dont do the same for this game.

Accept that silent hill is dead as metal gear solid franchise, and Konami won't work on it, same as how splinter cell is dead.

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. Yes there is the other thread with tons of valuable discussion, but I thought the Blue Box maybe warrants its own threat with the birth of the new subreddit and all. I encourage everyone to participate at the subreddit as well.

djkimothy

I don't know what's going on anymore...

I think why a lot of this receives little traction is that Jeff Grubb said that Kojima's next game is some Xbox published game. And is pretty much taken as gospel.

But like I've said, I want to believe.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
It's definitely a cover for something. Kojima's involvement seems likely, if nothing else in the marketing.

And let's be honest, with MS recent moves if Sony haven't been incentivized enough to sidle up to Konami with a big pile of money I have no idea what it would take!

Derift

I think why a lot of this receives little traction is that Jeff Grubb said that Kojima's next game is some Xbox published game. And is pretty much taken as gospel.

i dont know why people believe jeff tho.... he's the only one that has peeled this info and its clear he did this because of phils shelf

reksveks

He didn't say 'next game' as far as I remember but he said a game should be Xbox exclusive .

VN1X

Banned
I love that people think that at the end of the rabbit hole is SIlent Hill in all it's Kojima/PT glory.

That title's dead people. And this ain't Silent Hill(s).

Hoppa

I will pray for the staff of this little indie company if it doesn't end up being Silent Hill related

Marketing. But they are testing the patiences of the consumer and might run into the situation where they will fly too close to the sun.

mejin

Abandoned is a good alias for the SH of Kojima Haha

It really has various coincidences.

I'd be fine with a new horror game (SH, Siren or even a new ip). I think Sony always bring an exclusive game of the genre each gen, PS4 had Until Dawn and it was a good run.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Marketing. But they are testing the patiences of the consumer and might run into the situation where they will fly too close to the sun.

Oh please, don't be so dramatic! Whichever way it goes we should find out on the 22nd or whatever, and that's just going to be a reveal.
Its not like anyone's being asked for money or some sort of commitment.

Spaceman292

Banned
Imagine the poor guys ar Bluebox who are watching everyone pull this crazy bullshit out of thin air.
ITS JUST AN INDIE HORROR GAME. CALM DOWN.

Trimesh

Banned
It's a new Kojima skunkworks project - the thing is that it's just going to be video, with no interactive elements. The working title is "unplayable teaser".

hyperbertha

Imagine the poor guys ar Bluebox who are watching everyone pull this crazy bullshit out of thin air.
That's the thing. There are no guys at Bluebox. Just a guy whose name literally translates to 'i have hideo' and whose initials line up with a certain game developer.

Vick

Gold Member
I will pray for the staff of this little indie company if it doesn't end up being Silent Hill related
The "staff" of Blue Box is a single guy, Hasan Kahraman. HQ his own apartment.

Other than that, from a portion of a huge post on the sub: "The blog posts contain pictures of the developers that posted them. Reverse image searching them only yields weird results. Probably stock photos, but who would use stock photos on their own developer blog, anyway?"

Personally, even if this almost gave me an heart attack:

FE5MgEE.png

I'm not yet sold for the simple reason i've gone through all of this too many times since Silent Hills cancellation, but the amount of coincidences is ridiculous. However, coincidences do exist.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I keep going back and forth between believing it and laughing it off as stupid.

Same.

Its like, it could really just be some indie studio, but we know how Kojima trolls. Who knows. He does a great job marketing his games and I can't wait to see what he does regardless. If this really is Silent Hill......bravo Kojima lol

So I'm in the same boat. I feel maybe its just some walking simulator type horror game or OP bringing up some solid ass info. It could really be true.

My conclusion is that Blue Box is either the most stupid indie game developer in history or a cover for something bigger.
Exactly. Why in the Jimbo would Sony let a no-name studio with a barebones website reveeal their game via the official PS Blog? Add to that, the logos of PS studios and BB game studios are almost identical save for the inverted colors.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

If they are really an indie developper "who had no intention of teasing Silent Hill" which such a tweet, regarding the scale all of this takes, it would be better for them to debunked it fast (like telling the game name or a third letter which is not in Silent Hill)to avoid heavy backfire. Because now they are playing with fire and it will not end well for them if they are truly an indie dev working on a non SH game.

Of course to this point, it will not stop the "true" believer but it could limit the impact of the deception.

On my side, I am a "moderate" believer. I think it's Kojima and SH but I have never played any of the Silent Hill. I am just enjoying all of this and hope it will end well for Blue Box (if they are legit)

skit_data

Exactly. Why in the Jimbo would Sony let a no-name studio with a barebones website reveeal their game via the official PS Blog? Add to that, the logos of PS studios and BB game studios are almost identical save for the inverted colors.
I think one of the strangest things is to name the studioBluebox Studios”. Is that something a indie developer would do?

Also, a dedicated app on PSN? Since when did indie developers have the resources and time to make a dedicated app for PSN?

I’m not 100% certain yet, because sometimes wierd stuff happens but it’s simply too much wierd stuff going on with this one game that relates to Silent Hill and Kojima. I’m probably 95% certain at this point.

ViolentP

Just watched the trailer and everything about it except for the look of the woods all but confirms this is not a Kojima project.

Spaceman292

Banned
If they are really an indie developper "who had no intention of teasing Silent Hill" which such a tweet, regarding the scale all of this takes, it would be better for them to debunked it fast (like telling the game name or a third letter which is not in Silent Hill)to avoid heavy backfire. Because now they are playing with fire and it will not end well for them if they are truly an indie dev working on a non SH game.

Of course to this point, it will not stop the "true" believer but it could limit the impact of the deception.

On my side, I am a "moderate" believer. I think it's Kojima and SH but I have never played any of the Silent Hill. I am just enjoying all of this and hope it will end well for Blue Box (if they are legit)
They debunked it by saying that's it's not Silent Hill. What more do you need? People are just ignoring that tweet or pretending that there's some sort of hidden message.

DelireMan7

They debunked it by saying that's it's not Silent Hill. What more do you need? People are just ignoring that tweet or pretending that there's some sort of hidden message.
The problem is that Moby Dick studio did the same (denying being Kojima and MGS) but it ended being the case...

Unfortunately for them, they need to provide more "proof" (an additional letter, the full name, or some pictures of the dev team...). But I agree to this point, it will be difficult for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom