• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone has reportedly found a secret door on Nier Automata and nobody knows how to access it

kiphalfton

Pretty cool. Reminds me of the Cavern of Remembrance, that they added in Kingdom Hearts II Final Remix in Hollow Bastion.

Maybe that's what this was intended to be possibly, like added in the DLC but was ultimately axed.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Shifty1897

The way this is being presented to us FEELS like it's fake, though someone would have to either secretly create a level mod for Nier Automata (as I understand it, none currently exist) or animate the secret portion so well that it's indistinguishable from the real game.

Banjo64

cumsessed
It's probably just something unused developers forgot to remove.

People get too excited over small things, I blame youtubers.
But those are some of the most exciting things in gaming IMO.

Dam Island in Goldeneye. Stop N Swop in Banjo-Kazooie. The Archstone of the Giant in DeS. Why did Bethesda build Morrowind and Cyrodill in TES V Skyrim?

Cut content, hidden gates that can’t be opened, left over collectibles with no purpose - it all makes my imagination run wild.

Shifty

The way this is being presented to us FEELS like it's fake, though someone would have to either secretly create a level mod for Nier Automata (as I understand it, none currently exist) or animate the secret portion so well that it's indistinguishable from the real game.
That's the vibe I'm getting. The "oh i got a space error from recording too long soz" is excruciatingly convenient in the same way that your average Mew-under-a-truck playground rumor tends to be.

It feels like we're either dealing with a very bored modder or the longest and sneakiest guerrilla ad campaign ever birthed from the minds of Square Enix' marketing department.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
You gotta find 26 coins before it opens.

Simon Pegg Wink GIF

Nautilus

Banned
Considering the conspiracy that this is secretely Yoko Taro trolling people, couldn't this simply be exclusive content for the Switch version?

The Switch version is the only one not yet available for purchase yet, we know that Square(Or whoever is porting this) is doing new assets for it, as the game will be getting exclusive costumes for the Switch version. Is it that hard to imagine that they couldn't make a few extra areas here or there for that version, and that Yoko Taro decided to have some fun with the community by driving them insane, using footage of an area which tecnically doesn't exist *yet*?

Last edited:
The way he's acting (pretending to be dumb and new to the Internet) just gives me the impression that it's either A. Viral marketing for the Switch version of the game (which is unnecessary tbh) or B. Just someone who has access to an earlier version of the game trying to fuck with people

Last edited:

CuNi

The way he's acting (pretending to be dumb and new to the Internet) just gives me the impression that it's either A. Viral marketing for the Switch version of the game (which is unnecessary tbh) or B. Just someone who has access to an earlier version of the game trying to fuck with people

He claims and showed the modding team believable proof that the version he's playing is the PS4 1.0 version, though.
That would be a weird marketing to pretend you have the PS4 version so everyone flocks to buy that one instead of the switch.

He claims and showed the modding team believable proof that the version he's playing is the PS4 1.0 version, though.
That would be a weird marketing to pretend you have the PS4 version so everyone flocks to buy that one instead of the switch.
Well it's clearly incomplete in this PS4 version, so maybe they'll claim it's been restored in the Switch version. I don't know, I'm not ruling out any possibilities. Viral marketing is sometimes weird and nonsensical. Morbin time, anyone?

As for the "believable proof" he showed the modders, I can't find what you're referring to. Either way, he's barely able to record and upload a video so I have my doubts.

To me, the only thing that is clear is that this dude is acting up his naivety to the internet and technology in general. In one of the posts he claims he ran out of space for the recording but yet uploaded it anyway?? Just rerecord it FFS. And his Reddit posts are nothing but "hey guize i found weird door that only i can access but not my fren pls help i" and it cuts out like he ran out of space? Nah, I'm not buying it. He's overplayed his hand. Also, his name translates to "sad twin". Gee, I wonder what that's in reference to.

Also, some guy found an 3-year old reddit post that has a cut version of the Copied City that seems to match up with the new footage

In any case, I don't actually care, believe it or not. I loved this game when it came out but that's about it. Just killing time before I head out for the day!

Last edited:

CuNi

Well it's clearly incomplete in this PS4 version, so maybe they'll claim it's been restored in the Switch version. I don't know, I'm not ruling out any possibilities. Viral marketing is sometimes weird and nonsensical. Morbin time, anyone?

As for the "believable proof" he showed the modders, I can't find what you're referring to. Either way, he's barely able to record and upload a video so I have my doubts.

To me, the only thing that is clear is that this dude is acting up his naivety to the internet and technology in general. In one of the posts he claims he ran out of space for the recording but yet uploaded it anyway?? Just rerecord it FFS. And his Reddit posts are nothing but "hey guize i found weird door that only i can access but not my fren pls help i" and it cuts out like he ran out of space? Nah, I'm not buying it. He's overplayed his hand. Also, his name translates to "sad twin". Gee, I wonder what that's in reference to.

Also, some guy found an 3-year old reddit post that has a cut version of the Copied City that seems to match up with the new footage

In any case, I don't actually care, believe it or not. I loved this game when it came out but that's about it. Just killing time before I head out for the day!

This is what I meant.

They say while there they couldn't find any geometry or anything hinting at the door even existing, the tools the whole modding community have can't create this type of change in the game.
So they either haven't found the right files or the guy, by himself, made several breakthroughs in modding this game all by himself just to post this.
So chances are more likely that it is some elaborate easter egg or secret in the game than a random dude appearing out of nowhere with better modding tools than anyone in the community had in multiple aspects etc.

Whatever it is, be it real or fake, it's cool to see it unwind.

Top Bottom