• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone Has Created a Starfield Demo in Unreal Engine 5 Based on its Screenshots

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Enfant Terrible, the content creator who recently shared a reimagination of Cyberpunk 2077 in Unreal Engine 5, has now created a Starfield-based demo in Epic’s magical engine. The demo is inspired by Starfield’s official teaser trailer and concept arts, and it looks absolutely amazing.

Enfant Terrible has taken this demo even further by sharing some gameplay footage as well, showing off an astronaut walking on a dried-out planet. Now, Starfield itself might not look this good for two reasons: first, it’s only a small-scale demo with almost no playable content, and second, it’s based on Unreal Engine 5 while Starfield is being built upon Bethesda’s Creation Engine 2.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Bethesda:

sweating key and peele GIF

Gandih42

This game will be the new cyberpunk mark my words. The overhype is ridiculous for the drip feed we have gotten for it.

That would be so depressing. I hope to god you're wrong - Imagine the bliss of a game with this hype actually living up to it. Or even just part of it.

People should definitely temper their expectations though. But that applies to pretty much any mass market product.

Pedro Motta

Enfant Terrible, the content creator who recently shared a reimagination of Cyberpunk 2077 in Unreal Engine 5, has now created a Starfield-based demo in Epic’s magical engine. The demo is inspired by Starfield’s official teaser trailer and concept arts, and it looks absolutely amazing.

Enfant Terrible has taken this demo even further by sharing some gameplay footage as well, showing off an astronaut walking on a dried-out planet. Now, Starfield itself might not look this good for two reasons: first, it’s only a small-scale demo with almost no playable content, and second, it’s based on Unreal Engine 5 while Starfield is being built upon Bethesda’s Creation Engine 2.

Impressive, I'd play that.

MadPanda

Banned
This game will be the new cyberpunk mark my words. The overhype is ridiculous for the drip feed we have gotten for it.
It can't be a new cyberpunk as they haven't promised much. The problem with c 2077 was how much they promised and how little they delivered.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
It is Bethesda so we all know it will release a buggy mess. The difference is Bethesda will probably get away with it for some reason.

Jinzo Prime

I swear, people on this videoGAME forum have a sick obsession with graphics. It's like you guys want to see shiny CGI movies instead of actually caring about the GAMEplay in your videoGAME! We've got three UE5 """demos""" on the front page, none of which have a lick of interesting GAMEplay, but man, DEY SHURE DO BE SHINEYYYY DOH!!!

I know i'm being salty as fuck, and I know that Starfield is overhyped, but we need to understand that Unreal Engine demos rarely become anything playable and we need to respect the time, effort, and expense that goes into making our favorite games; and that includes everything from Sony's "movie" games (which have pretty great gameplay imho) to Nintendo's perfectly tuned mechanics, to indies creating new genres and ways to play.

sircaw

Banned
I swear, people on this videoGAME forum have a sick obsession with graphics. It's like you guys want to see shiny CGI movies instead of actually caring about the GAMEplay in your videoGAME! We've got three UE5 """demos""" on the front page, none of which have a lick of interesting GAMEplay, but man, DEY SHURE DO BE SHINEYYYY DOH!!!

I know i'm being salty as fuck, and I know that Starfield is overhyped, but we need to understand that Unreal Engine demos rarely become anything playable and we need to respect the time, effort, and expense that goes into making our favorite games; and that includes everything from Sony's "movie" games (which have pretty great gameplay imho) to Nintendo's perfectly tuned mechanics, to indies creating new genres and ways to play.
i think it's kind of cool to see what these games look like with the new tech and all.

As if Bethesda was know for good gameplay. Does anyone actually know what Starfield is going to be like?

Is Starfield a space sim? Is it just Skyrim in space? Is it like No Man's Sky?

Last edited:

KXVXII9X

As much as people shit on Nintendo, I'm really glad they don't over-focus on graphics and are outputting games at a steady pace. They actually have some unconventional games. Like the idea of Splatoon was something "wacky" but the game design is solid and is a nice change from a typical shooter multiplayer game. Same with WarioWare, Rhythm Heaven, and Ringfit Adventure.

Kssio_Aug

Bullshit! There's absolutely no reason to compare the two. If people get disappointed with Starfield, is more their own fault to set expectations than anything else, since the game wasn't even shown yet. The responsibility for Cyberpunk's overhype though was entirely CDPR fault, since they released a shit ton of fake screenshots and even gameplay videos, and were never able to deliver it.

Sure, Starfield might end up not being as good as people want / expect, but these are two completely different scenarios. And the reason why people are expecting much from Starfield is because Bethesda is a great developer (even if some people hate to admit it).

Except if in June they show a gameplay trailer that does not represent how the game actually looks nowadays; then it could be two comparable scenarios.

Last edited:
CD had no experience making cyberpunk...the different is BGS has a proven formula that works. AT WORST we get fallout 4 in space and that alone is a good game. At best we get a genre defining game that moves the medium forward like Skyrim. Hoping for the 2nd, but expecting fallout 4 in space. Can't be disappointed just pleasantly surprised.

I kind of stopped caring about graphics mid last gen. I think games look good enough as is. At this point expand on the world and mechanics. Elden Ring is a good looking game, but the art direction outshines a prettier game like HFW. Shoot give me throwback graphics like we see with bloodborne PSX. But yea, graphics get people excited even if the game is mid people will go "at least it looks good."

WTF!?!?

Errrr... an UE5 engine demo is generally intended to show the visuals the engine can produce. Its very purpose isn't to show gameplay, because it's not a fucking game.

Common sense is not very common on this forum, I see.

Errrr... ok. You do realise that everyone in this thread can both acknowledge all that, while simultaneously admiring the pretty UE5 demo that some hobbyist made in their spare time.

Your meltdown is both entirely unwarranted (as you're projecting shit onto the forum populace based on nothing but unfounded, illogical assumptions) as well as entirely bizzare.

Get some help.

Last edited:
Hey, maybe if Bethesda keeps delaying Starfield, it will make these guys even more bored that they will go ahead and just make this demo into an actual game that we can play! If they start now, they might get it out before Starfield!

Jinzo Prime

Responding to the many comments above, it is not my intention to defend the honor of a game we know nothing about, rather to point out that we have had multiple threads hyping up engine showcases and just as many threads downplaying actual videogames that are in development.

I am not a "green rat" either, I have a low-end gaming laptop and a PS4 and I just want to play cool games regardless of the studio that produces them.

Roberts

If anything that main theme is one hell of a banger. Gets you into that exploring the vast unknown mood right away.

Top Bottom