• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some PlayStation Owners Losing Access to Purchased Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://variety.com/2022/digital/ne...sed-studiocanal-movies-next-month-1235310863/

"Sony’s PlayStation Store, as of next month, will remove access to hundreds of movie titles from Studiocanal that customers in Germany and Austria previously purchased."

Sony gave the following statement: "As of August 31, 2022, due to our evolving licensing agreements with content providers, you will no longer be able to view your previously purchased Studio Canal content and it will be removed from your video library"

So far it's only in two countries, but it's only one license issue away from occurring here in the U.S. or any other territory. Good thing I still buy 4K Blu-Rays.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
It's so sad to see Sony, which is the leading company regarding consoles, are so far behind when it comes to being pro customer regarding digital ownership.

JaksGhost

Mr Moose

It's so sad to see Sony, which is the leading company regarding consoles, are so far behind when it comes to being pro customer regarding digital ownership.
"As of August 31, 2022, due to our evolving licensing agreements with content providers, you will no longer be able to view your previously purchased Studio Canal content and it will be removed from your video library"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom