• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

some guy leaked FFXV's story six months ago | up: newer 4chan stuff as of Dec 9th

Laplasakos

Technically not a god ,but Oedipus blinded himself when he found out he had sex with his mom and stuff.

Ah yes, Oedipus, you are right. I considered this under the category of ''tragedies'' and not mythos but i just checked and it is both mythos and tragedy.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Regardless of whether or not that leak is true, it sounds a lot better than the Stella-ghost story.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Technically not a god ,but Oedipus blinded himself when he found out he had sex with his mom and stuff.
giphy.gif

Laplasakos

Regardless of whether or not that leak is true, it sounds a lot better than the Stella-ghost story.

Ghost Stella is a really good twist that was hard to see it coming and the whole game sounded very ambitious but mostly unique as a concept compared to all other past FF games.

Laplasakos

Final Fantasy X technically had a dead the whole time twist already.

Not the same. Stella was the main heroine and she was killed by Noctis so it's more shocking.

Also, Nojima wrote FFX and i think first he wanted to have a main character dead (Tidus?).

Final Fantasy X technically had a dead the whole time twist already.

You just made me realise there's something I never worked in X. Considering the twist, at what point did he actually die in the original time? Why the whole thing with Auron and Sin at the beginning? He must have been alive at some point to be remembered by Jecht, but was the Zanarkand we see at the start real?

I should probably replay it sometime because I can't really remember where the cut off between life/dream is or if they ever even clarify.

Zoe

You just made me realise there's something I never worked in X. Considering the twist, at what point did he actually die in the original time? Why the whole thing with Auron and Sin at the beginning? He must have been alive at some point to be remembered by Jecht, but was the Zanarkand we see at the start real?

I should probably replay it sometime because I can't really remember where the cut off between life/dream is or if they ever even clarify.

He never lived before the dream started. He was born within the dream.

Fades

Banned

Zanarkand at the start of the game was "real" in that it had a physical location, at an undefined area in the middle of the ocean. That's why Yu Yevon banned large machina; simultaneously both to never repeat the war, but also so that no one would venture out and find the city. Tidus was never a non-dream person, though it's speculated that he might have been based subconsciously on memories of Shuyin.

theofficefan99

Smells like complete BS.

Also, people really need to stop saying "I think the story of FFXV is good, just the execution was bad!!!" Well, yeah, because nothing is explained, and if you think about the plot for more than 5 seconds there's a fuckload of things that make zero sense. And there's inconsistencies between the game and Kingsglaive. It's horribly written AND horribly executed.

HeelPower

Smells like complete BS.

Also, people really need to stop saying "I think the story of FFXV is good, just the execution was bad!!!" Well, yeah, because nothing is explained, and if you think about the plot for more than 5 seconds there's a fuckload of things that make zero sense. And there's inconsistencies between the game and Kingsglaive. It's horribly written AND horribly executed.

Personally, I am one of those that think FFXV story had little to no potential of being great.

Kingsglaive is proof of that.They had a chance to show off their story telling abilities in a full length feature film ,but they never did.

Luna was still terrible there..So was Regis..So was every character and not for lack of screen time.

theofficefan99

Personally, I am one of those that think FFXV story had little to no potential of being great.

Kingsglaive is proof of that.They had a chance to show off their story telling abilities in a full length feature film ,but they never did.

Luna was still terrible there..So was Regis..So was every character and not for lack of screen time.

Well, it obviously didn't, because the writers had no idea what to do with the concepts they had. They threw away all the lore for the most generic and barebones "light vs. dark" lore, and then just threw together what they could. And Kingsglaive was complete ass. Luna is not even the same character in the film and game. In the film she apparently can't use magic, and not once is she mentioned as an oracle. Totally different story in the game itself, which takes place at the same time! Total trainwreck. I can't believe people excuse this crap.

I thought another team made Kingsglaive

CheckMate

I thought another team made Kingsglaive

Kingsglaive was written by a total-nobody and the game was written by the Dissdia writer. Both were following Nojima's script. (We say "Script" but it's clearly just bullet-points).

According to Gameinformer the game and the film were both worked on the same floor. Supervised by Hashimoto and Tabata. Probably why it ended being mediocre.

theofficefan99

Kingsglaive was written by a total-nobody and the game was written by the Dissdia writer. Both were following Nojima's script. (We say "Script" but it's clearly just bullet-points).

According to Gameinformer the game and the film were both worked on the same floor. Supervised by Hashimoto and Tabata. Probably why it ended being mediocre.

Nojima's script wasn't just bullet points tho.

But yeah it's clear that Tabata doesn't put any priority into the quality of the writing

Kamek

I never get enough of reading Versus "leaks" whether or not they're real or not. FFXV is one of my favorite games of all time, and conjecturing on what could have been gets my imagination going like a little kid again.

Mijdax

Banned
I never get enough of reading Versus "leaks" whether or not they're real or not. FFXV is one of my favorite games of all time, and conjecturing on what could have been gets my imagination going like a little kid again.

True, I enjoy the Final Fantasy XV as it is today but reading these leaks is like looking into a different FFXV, one I would also really enjoy, probably more than the one we have right now. But nonetheless, the FFXV we have got now had me playing for 120+ hours.

Ray Down

Banned
True, I enjoy the Final Fantasy XV as it is today but reading these leaks is like looking into a different FFXV, one I would also really enjoy, probably more than the one we have right now. But nonetheless, the FFXV we have got now had me playing for 120+ hours.

But this are you talking about the real leak or the recent one from 2 pages ago?

True Fire

The FFXV we got feels like a rushed 12-Episodes of an Anime that covers a 300+ Chapters of a Manga we can't read.

Of a 300 chapter manga that took 20 years to release, you mean.

I don't know what you guys expect from Square Enix. An epic trilogy of 60 hour games, released within 3 years? When do you accept that Square Enix is an awful company, and XV being salvaged was in itself a miracle?

I didn't expect another plot "leak" to happen. Surprising! I'm indifferent to the trilogy story in this new rumor.

Versus is like that weird kid from high school who keeps following you around or pokes you on Facebook. Or it's like an ex-girlfriend/boyfriend. They both never go away.

Though some can't get enough of it apparently.

Slater

Banned
Nojima's script wasn't just bullet points tho.

But yeah it's clear that Tabata doesn't put any priority into the quality of the writing

According to Roberto Nojima's script was never set in stone either.

And I will never ever understand people trusting mister "Blitz Ball bomb" and 'Sorry Yuna your sexy body distracted me from fighting" Is anything but a washed out hack.

CheckMate

I don't know what you guys expect from Square Enix. An epic trilogy of 60 hour games, released within 3 years? When do you accept that Square Enix is an awful company, and XV being salvaged was in itself a miracle?

Square Enix IS an awful company in the sense that they would do almost anything to secure a steady income regardless of quality. That I know and have (painfully) accepted. FFXV just eeks of corporate involvement.

Ray Down

Banned

There's no way that could ever of happened, unless SE put's it's whole compnay into doing that.

Though there's not a lot of arguing that SE needs to figure out their ways in getting FF games out again even if you like the FF games since all the issues.

From diretor changes mid way though (12), engine issues (13 & 15), though rebooting old blooted projects into muti media style and what ever the hell 14 orignally was.

Hell 7R is only NOW being in open devolpment internal at SE, after shirting devoplers and are hiring 2 years after annoucning it to take on the role.

Maybe since everything that SE been working on since last gen is out, we can hopefully slowly move on....for fucks sake.

Ray Down

Banned
I didn't expect another plot "leak" to happen. Surprising! I'm indifferent to the trilogy story in this new rumor.

Versus is like that weird kid from high school who keeps following you around or pokes you on Facebook. Or it's like an ex-girlfriend/boyfriend. They both never go away.

Though some can't get enough of it apparently.

This is a fake leak, OfLucci is still the only real creable one.

HeelPower

Square Enix IS an awful company in the sense that they would do almost anything to secure a steady income regardless of quality. That I know and have (painfully) accepted. FFXV just eeks of corporate involvement.

I think FFXV clearly suffered from corporate meddeling.

Everything about it feels like heavily focus tested,design by trope/commity.

Part of me cant blame them. The game cost a ton so it needed to play it 100% safe and by the book.

The game regressed to pre-FF6 kind of story telling.

Arkeband

Banned

Part of me cant blame them. The game cost a ton so it needed to play it 100% safe and by the book.

The story feels like it was the result of two Google Homes arguing with each other about Final Fantasy.

theofficefan99

I wouldn't say it "played it 100% safe and by the book." It chased trends in a half-assed manner and had the most barebones cliche story ever, though, for sure.

The main quest in FFXV is about 25 hours long.
The game being "salvaged" and turning into a mediocre product that was just made to leech off the hype Versus gathered isn't really a good thing either

Just beat it today. Loved it.

At first it was a struggle to get motivated to play it. I received it from Amazon on launch day in November. Today is June 27th. My determination and time availability allowed me to get back into it a few weeks ago. I went through just about every quest, Royal Arms dungeon, and battle to get EXP and ascension points I could. I love that I experienced this game. It would be a real shame not to, I think. Yes, there were things that felt like they had been stripped of significance. I don't know if
Luna's death was supposed to have the same impact as Aeris's death, but it didn't -- even though it was a little emotional.
If this game would have been fully in the oven for a solid 4 years with a focused budget, I think it would be as iconic as 7 is.

However, XV is iconic in so many other ways. The best way to explain it is if a trailer is presented by Square that shows green swirling strands of light, you immediately think "lifestream!" I don't know if there is anything in XV that does that.

So tl;dr: GREAT game that has a lore to it that will be even more amazing if it's fleshed out

Sony Press Conference 2030:

Screen goes black. "One last ride" appears on the screeen. Cut to a close up of a dark object panning around it slowly zooming out until the audience realizes that it's the Regalia. The crowd goes wild. Noctis is sitting in the passenger seat calling for his friends to come out of the gas station at Hammerhead. But Stella walks out. Everyone in the audience starts melting from hype. Everything goes trippy and turns into a hallucination as Stella walks towards the regalia. She gets to Noctis and says one profound line and the trailer cuts to black halfway through her speaking. Final Fantasy XV Remake shows up on the screen. Flash cut. The logo breaks and the original versus logo shows up, Final Fantasy XV Remake: Versus. Beneath it, A Final Game Directed by Tetsuya Nomura fades in. Nomura gets to finish his magnum opus as his final game.

Believe.

TheEndOfItAll

Neo Member

What happened with FFXV seems pretty simple: each chapter was designed independently, with the idea in mind that they would eventually design connections between each, and that just never was able to happen in a lot of places, certainly in the middle six or seven chapters. So the game plays like an episodic drama show (think Law and Order) where there is a general overarching story and characters, but each individual chapter sort of cuts off the path until around chapter 10, where it becomes a five-part miniseries concluding with the final battle.

Koozek

Sony Press Conference 2030:

Screen goes black. "One last ride" appears on the screeen. Cut to a close up of a dark object panning around it slowly zooming out until the audience realizes that it's the Regalia. The crowd goes wild. Noctis is sitting in the passenger seat calling for his friends to come out of the gas station at Hammerhead. But Stella walks out. Everyone in the audience starts melting from hype. Everything goes trippy and turns into a hallucination as Stella walks towards the regalia. She gets to Noctis and says one profound line and the trailer cuts to black halfway through her speaking. Final Fantasy XV Remake shows up on the screen. Flash cut. The logo breaks and the original versus logo shows up, Final Fantasy XV Remake: Versus. Beneath it, A Final Game Directed by Tetsuya Nomura fades in. Nomura gets to finish his magnum opus as his final game.

Believe.
Anything is possible.

What happened with FFXV seems pretty simple: each chapter was designed independently, with the idea in mind that they would eventually design connections between each, and that just never was able to happen in a lot of places, certainly in the middle six or seven chapters. So the game plays like an episodic drama show (think Law and Order) where there is a general overarching story and characters, but each individual chapter sort of cuts off the path until around chapter 10, where it becomes a five-part miniseries concluding with the final battle.

This would have worked really well if they did this from the base game and make us wait all this time on dlc. To those who wait, they get the better game.

This would have worked really well if they did this from the base game and make us wait all this time on dlc. To those who wait, they get the better game.

Aside from games like MGSV where they fucked with some things over time and made the game worse, nearly all AAA games ever are better if you wait.

Personally, I don't have that kind of patience, and will be happy to play XV again once everything is released.

Top Bottom