• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

some guy leaked FFXV's story six months ago | up: newer 4chan stuff as of Dec 9th

Just let versus rest.. a beautiful memory that never came to be.

giphy.gif
I’m tired of this pain.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I always saw Insomnia as more of a western style big city. The only thing that would really point to a Japanese influence is one magazine screenshot of FFXIII Versus where they show Noctis fighting a monster on the city street with a Japanese style pedestrian bridge behind him.

Ydelnae

I always saw Insomnia as more of a western style big city. The only thing that would really point to a Japanese influence is one magazine screenshot of FFXIII Versus where they show Noctis fighting a monster on the city street with a Japanese style pedestrian bridge behind him.

The city looked pretty Japanese to me, and I remember that they had to change the design to be less Tokyo inspired in order to appeal to a wider market. Also, the locations you visit in game are pretty much Japanese-styled.

Zoe

They literally stated it was based off of Shinjuku. Even in the movie, many things such as the restaurant, still look Japanese.

Ray Down

Banned
You got to wonder what kind of mad game did that guy use to seduce Etro.

Normally Gods get normal people to sleep with them, not the other way around.

Ferr986

No wonder XV has barely lore, they had to strip all of that shit about Etro fucking around.

Seriously, whats up with SE and idiot godessess?

Honestly, this has more plot than current XV, but lots of it sounds very stupid IMO, so I don't know what is worse.

EDIT: Of course, asuming this is true. I mean, It reads totally fake, but that Nojima FFX-3 novel also seemed like a bad troll...

Rymuth

But before Etro returned to her realm, she got seduced by lust by another mortal, creating another family that had the power of Etro; this eventually became the Lucis Caelum family. Etro was so ashamed by her actions that she left the world to never return

LAWL

Oh god that part about Etro having sex and leaving this world in shame gave me a good laugh.

I see I'm not the only one!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The city looked pretty Japanese to me, and I remember that they had to change the design to be less Tokyo inspired in order to appeal to a wider market. Also, the locations you visit in game are pretty much Japanese-styled.

Hmmm. The last thing you said, do you mean in the finished game? Because I thought the game was more American centered with Lucis and the surrounding occupied areas.

They literally stated it was based off of Shinjuku. Even in the movie, many things such as the restaurant, still look Japanese.
That restaurant seemed more like a style of restaurant meant for a poorer district like where they were from.

Roberto Ferrari confirmed that in Versus, Gentiana was Stella's messenger to Nifelhiem. This "leak" saying she was the oracle confirms it as bullshit.

AzureFlame

I wasn't sure if i should bump this thread or not but since people posted 4chan rumors before, i thought i should post this too. Apparently there is/was a 2ch thread that leaked the Versus XIII story or Nomura's FFXV if you want to believe the ghost Stella story (assuming the story changed after Versus XIII became FFXV). Someone translated the key points and i found the translation on GameFAQS so here it is.

It's pretty long actually so if you want to read the full thing, it's here
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/75309359

Also here is the original 2ch thread
https://krsw.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ff/1493743677/

This is amazing

If that was fanfic then it was amazingly well done because, aside from the dumb Etros stuff, sounds like it was a much cooler, more engaging story than what we got

Kamina

Golden Boy
Oh god that part about Etro having sex and leaving this world in shame gave me a good laugh.
I dont know why this is so unbelievable. We are talking about Japenese plots here after all. They are known to look crazy from western points of view.

Ydelnae

Roberto Ferrari confirmed that in Versus, Gentiana was Stella's messenger to Nifelhiem. This "leak" saying she was the oracle confirms it as bullshit.

Apparently the user posting that leak used to link to unrelated 2ch.jp discussions in order to make their posts more believable.

Ray Down

Banned
I dont know why this is so unbelievable. We are talking about Japenese plots here after all. They are known to look crazy from western points of view.

We are talking about a being that created the fucking WORLD, being embarrassed/shamed by being seduced by a guy some how and just left the that world.
When she could have stayed around and stop the demons/Ardyn.

We are talking about a being that created the fucking WORLD, being embarrassed/shamed by being seduced by a guy some how and just left the that world.

I dunno, think of it as some grandma sleeping with a distant grandchild of hers and being so ashamed she goes into hiding

Ferr986

I dunno, think of it as some grandma sleeping with a distant grandchild of hers and being so ashamed she goes into hiding

But she's a goddess... Acting like a teenager girl..

...ok yeah thats very japanese lol

But really? why ashamed? of who? the fuck cares anyone else think, she's a Godess. and why a Godess would fall for lust this badly if she would be ashamed of it later? Japan pls

Kamina

Golden Boy
A goddess being seduced and fucked by a mortal could be ashamed. As i said, japanese plot.

Edit: "I'm so embarrassed senpai"

FinalAres

I think the FFXV story we got was better. Either would have been good, but the ardyn storyline from the actual game was great.

Badly told though. I think execution was the issue, rather than the story itself.

of all the examples lol...

I don't really think this fits...

Those wacky japansese writers.

But she's a goddess... Acting like a teenager girl..

...ok yeah thats very japanese lol

But really? why ashamed? of who? the fuck cares anyone else think, she's a Godess. and why a Godess would fall for lust this badly if she would be ashamed of it later? Japan pls

I dunno. I think I kind of assumed she was also partially the "creators" of humans in the FF world, kind of like the Abrahamic God. I couldn't think of any analogy that remotely made sense!

HeelPower

Is no one familiar with Greek gods and goddesses ?

Sex and shame are huge parts of it.

:p

But,seriously, sex and shame are deeply connected even now in our supposedly postmodern society.Its not implausible.

Laplasakos

Is no one familiar with Greek gods and goddesses ?

Sex and shame are huge parts of it.

:p

But,seriously, sex and shame are deeply connected even now in our supposedly postmodern society.Its not implausible.

Jokes aside, i read many greek mythos in the past, i remember a lot of sex but i really don't recall any shame.

Jotakori

Real or not, this sounds like it would have been more satisfying to play through from a story/character development standpoint than XV ended up being for me. Some parts are a bit silly sounding, but I'd take silly over how unfinished and underdeveloped from a character and plot standpoint the game ended up being. /single tear

Top Bottom