• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sol Cresta Release Date Forum live stream re-scheduled for January 22 (PlatinumGames)

Bullet Club

Sol Cresta Release Date Forum live stream re-scheduled for January 22​

lZiOutU.jpg

After a delay from its initially planned January 7 broadcast, PlatinumGames will host its hour-long “Sol Cresta Release Date Forum” live stream on January 22 at 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET, the company announced. You will be able to watch it on YouTube.

Get the details below, via PlatinumGames.

After unfortunate delays due to technical problems, PlatinumGames will stream the “Sol Cresta Release Date Forum” on January 22 at 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET, and hold a meeting to decide the release date of Sol Cresta. In addition to new announcements about Sol Cresta, there will also be a real-time viewer giveaway, so this stream will be a must-watch for everyone looking forward to the release of Sol Cresta.

Featuring:
  • Hideki Kamiya (chief game designer and Sol Cresta creative director)
  • Takahito Washisaka (Sol Cresta producer)
  • Takanori Sato (Sol Cresta director)
  • Rui Onishi (Sol Cresta lead user interface designer)
Source: Gematsu

Agent X

They are showing footage of the game in the video that's in the OP. It looks good.
I agree, it certainly does look good.

I didn't watch the entire video from the OP, but is the February 22 release date for the entire world, or just Japan? I hope this also hits the US soon.

Bullet Club

I didn't watch the entire video from the OP, but is the February 22 release date for the entire world, or just Japan? I hope this also hits the US soon.
It's worldwide for the PlayStation 4, Switch & Steam. Price: $39.99 / €39.99 / 3,980 yen

Esppiral

Sol Cresta is supposed to be Spanish? If so it should be Cresta Solar, or Cresta del Sol otherwise it makes no sense lol

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Sol Cresta is supposed to be Spanish? If so it should be Cresta Solar, or Cresta del Sol otherwise it makes no sense lol
Makes no sense yeah, but it sounds cool IMO.

Cresta del Sol sounds like guiris being toasted on the beach, lol.

The game just popped up on Steam. The footage definitely looks good, but the price is a little steep and the day 1 "dramatic" DLC rubs me the wrong way. At this price point they shouldn't be asking more money and it seems it will only provide a story, not even more actual gameplay content:
- A parade of unique and expressive characters​
- A big-bang story penned by Hideki Kamiya, the force behind Bayonetta and The Wonderful 101​
- A dense Database filled with images of and information about every friendly and enemy character, ship, and device​
- The continuation of the Cresta saga began with 80s classics Moon Cresta and Terra Cresta​
- A story that unfolds differently from Arcade Mode, with a true ending that awaits the truly bold!​

This just comes off as such a greedy practice that I don't feel like buying the game at full price. I'll grab it when it's in sale in the coming years.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
The price is steep. I do understand premium pricing for niche products and I will get it anyway, but the $10 DLC seems like a bit too far.

I would normally pick this up for Switch but it sounds like the Switch has some performance issues and I am hoping the pixel warping won't be as bad on PC.

SF Kosmo

NOPE, horrible pixel warping on PC too, not even a single video option. Garbage. I'm gonna play it for a bit tonight, but I honestly might refund, because the game looks like absolute shit and it's really distracting.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This just comes off as such a greedy practice that I don't feel like buying the game at full price. I'll grab it when it's in sale in the coming years.
Isn't Platinum self-publishing this one? They're drowning, badly. This is their attempt to get everyone to give them money.

Unfortunately the game looks a little average, but I haven't followed it too closely.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
holy shit, the price is ridiculous, im interested until i saw the price wtf

SF Kosmo

NOPE, the game looks like ass on PC. No resolution options, horrible pixel warping, no option for filtering or other upscaling options, the actual worst CRT filter I have ever seen... what the actual fuck.

I can't judge the game itself from such a short playtime, but it's so bad I am considering refunding.

Last edited:

Trimesh

Banned

There were previous games called "Moon Cresta" (Nihon Busan, 1980) and "Terra Cresta" (Nihon Busan, 1985) - the "Cresta" bit of the logo is identical, so I think this is sort of intended as a follow up. So I don't think it's Spanish - more like Japanese English.

Top Bottom