• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, where the hell is the NEW Nintendo Switch?

If this supposed upgrade is taking this long, they might as well just wait a little longer and just create the true successor to the Switch and go all out especially if it’s rumored to be $400.

jaysius

Banned
They're waiting for the old tech to go on clearance so they can slap it together and overcharge for it.

Sneak peek into Nintendo boardroom:

vulture refuses GIF

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ
Do you guys not have phones?
My iphone 8 plus is better than my switch in every possible tech spec.
It just doesn't play Captain Toad Treasure Tracker. And that is what should be asked here.
Where is Captain Toad 2?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
While I enjoy watching the "insiders" and "leakers" squirm, perhaps a bit of devil's advocate is in order.
We do have an ongoing chip-shortage that'll remain till next year or even longer. Nintendo might have decided it's not worth introducing new hardware in such conditions.

fds.jpg

For some perspective, the Famicon Disk System was a product of a similar crisis.
So much this. Nintendo probably got a huge discount if they were allowed to delay their chip orders were further into the future. I doubt it is coming this year.

daveonezero

Banned
The same people wanting this to be announced and released are going to be shitting on it when it isn't what they wanted.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

Kokoloko85

Yes it was. In the literal intro.

Your a bit late as Ive already said I didnt realise but….

Does it say Metroid 4 on the box?
Does it say Metroid 4 on the side of the Box?
Does it say it on the title screen?

When you type Metroid 4 on google what comes up?…. Not Metroid Fusion thats for sure lol

Serouj2000

Your a bit late as Ive already said I didnt realise but….

Does it say Metroid 4 on the box?
Does it say Metroid 4 on the side of the Box?
Does it say it on the title screen?

When you type Metroid 4 on google what comes up?…. Not Metroid Fusion thats for sure lol
TmwujsQ.jpg
Get r***

Serouj2000

bYgUS4W.png

bYgUS4W.png

wHEpyAY.png

lRc9oYV.png

Looks like it doesnt say Metroid Fusion. Does it say it on the box? Or title screen?
And Looks whats at the top your picture….. Metroid Prime 4 lol
e1n4VR4.jpg

And what do you know. In this exact image, it says that Metroid Fusion was revealed as Metroid IV a year before release

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

e1n4VR4.jpg

And what do you know. In this exact image, it says that Metroid Fusion was revealed as Metroid IV a year before release

I dont know what your trying to prove?

First of all I already accepted that I got it wrong when someone first mentioned it to me early in the thread That Fusion was Metroid 4.

But for someone who only played it and didnt care about it during the reveal, and just went to the starting screen, I didnt even realise it was classed as Metroid 4 because the box doesnt say and neither does the title screen.

And finally when I made the original comment, I clearly meant Metroid Prime 4 because we’re talking about the Switch development taking forever as the title of this thread is:

So, where the hell is the NEW Nintendo Switch?​

and I said, probably in the same development as Metroid 4….. because Metroid Prime 4 has taken forever. I meant Metroid Prime 4 because its taken forever and theres been more than 4 metroid games so I couldnt mean Metroid 4

Serouj2000

I dont know what your trying to prove?

First of all I already accepted that I got it wrong when someone first mentioned it to me early in the thread That Fusion was Metroid 4.

But for someone who only played it and didnt care about it during the reveal, and just went to the starting screen, I didnt even realise it was classed as Metroid 4 because the box doesnt say and neither does the title screen.

And finally when I made the original comment, I clearly meant Metroid Prime 4 because we’re talking about the Switch development taking forever as the title of this thread is:

So, where the hell is the NEW Nintendo Switch?​

and I said, probably in the same development as Metroid 4….. because Metroid Prime 4 has taken forever. I meant Metroid Prime 4 because its taken forever and theres been more than 4 metroid games so I couldnt mean Metroid 4
If you meant prime 4, why not just write prime 4? Or P4, if you're that lazy for the additional 4 letters.
Also, again, the only piece of hardware revealed by Nintendo at E3 was the Wii. The others were either revealed before E3 (3DS,Wii U) or after E3 (N64, Gamecube, DS, Switch)

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

If you meant prime 4, why not just write prime 4? Or P4, if you're that lazy for the additional 4 letters.
Also, again, the only piece of hardware revealed by Nintendo at E3 was the Wii. The others were either revealed before E3 (DS, 3DS,Wii U) or after E3 (N64, Gamecube, Switch)

I missed a word..? I didnt purposely or lazily miss 5 additional letters, I just accidentally missed it.

Is it that important? We’re talking about a long awaited title thats in development and theres been more than 4 Metroids, so pretty clearly meant Prime 4

Serouj2000

I missed a word..? I didnt purposely or lazily miss 5 additional letters, I just accidentally missed it.

Is it that important? We’re talking about a long awaited title thats in development and theres been more than 4 Metroids, so pretty clearly meant Prime 4
Hmm, these letters are so tasty, wouldn't you agree?

93xfan

Banned
With the chip shortage, I think they changed their minds. Bet they’ll quietly make the chip size smaller in the switch though.

Top Bottom