• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, where the hell is the NEW Nintendo Switch?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Yeah the lack of anything on Switch Pro the last two weeks when several legit sources said it was being announced is baffling. Sure sources can be wrong, but this seemed like the good time to do it, so idk....

As far as their E3, Metroid Dread looks pretty cool but im taking a wait and see approach. They seem to be banking on that being their Holiday title this year (assuming it doesn't slip).

tlozgameandwatch.0.jpg

Is it me or is Nintendo sitting on there thumbs? No classic nintendo 64, no Zelda 2 in 2021, and no New Nintendo Switch? Instead a lackluster Metroid and some decent dlc. Ngl im happy ill be saving some money, will cop that zelda game and watch tho.
Too early to show. If bloomberg is correct, the new switch will come out until september at the earliest so expect an announcement like one or two weeks before release date.

ultrazilla

Third party support pretty barren. Everything shown for the Switch looked extremely dated graphics wise and performance wise. Worms? That framerate looked to go into the teens.
I don't know what Nintendo is thinking here and I continue to wonder why I own a Switch at this point or even bother supporting them. Frustrating.

Pantz

Gold Member
Maybe software trailers for it couldn't be finished or in good quality so they postponed it?

Maybe they postponed it simply because of the leaks? Didn't they cancel one of their Netflix series when someone leaked it or something?

e&e

Banned
I have feeling anytime rumors appear Nintendo veers off. They be like you guys ruined our surprise, we’re gonna change plans and destroy your credibility! You have to wonder a lot about rumors, and remember companies aren’t oblivious especially in these social media times; im pretty sure they notice the trends! Also, they want focus on the games. Didn’t they do the exact thing with the Lite and announce it after E3 to get more attention and ride that wave?

Buggy Loop

All fucking influencers/leakers are click baiting and circle jerking each other’s with « oh yea I heard that too » to get attention. They’re fucking attention whores. Should make a list of shit ones that fail to deliver (huge amount of them).

College Accuse GIF

Dream-Knife

Banned
Third party support pretty barren. Everything shown for the Switch looked extremely dated graphics wise and performance wise. Worms? That framerate looked to go into the teens.
I don't know what Nintendo is thinking here and I continue to wonder why I own a Switch at this point or even bother supporting them. Frustrating.
So...you want to buy a new switch to justify the one you own?

MiguelItUp

Nintendo can just do their on presentation/stream to support it, and they probably will. Or they'll do it at Gamescom. But only time will tell.

E s
Why would they announce new HW now? Their current HW is still flying off shelves.

The will sell thier current product as long as they can. It prints money.
Exactly this. They have no incentive whatsoever to release new hardware? The Switch is doing great!

It's not like Nintendo are known for releasing new hardware earlier than necessary.. Especially not handhelds.

I learned a looooong time ago to hold "rumors" with a grain of salt unless enough big underground sources confirm that shit. I mean come on, it's 2021. Anyone can come up with smoke, mirrors, and Paintshop!! :p

When is the last time Nintendo revealed hardware at E3 (real hardware, not Game & Watch lol)? The Wii U? I feel like they unveil hardware randomly throughout the year now.

Last edited:

MAtgS

Is it me or is Nintendo sitting on there thumbs? No classic nintendo 64, no Zelda 2 in 2021, and no New Nintendo Switch? Instead a lackluster Metroid and some decent dlc. Ngl im happy ill be saving some money, will cop that zelda game and watch tho.
No, Zelda 2's coming out in 2021, it's one of the Game and Watch titles.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Too early to show. If bloomberg is correct, the new switch will come out until september at the earliest so expect an announcement like one or two weeks before release date.

Hardware is never announced 1 or 2 weeks before launch, ussually months before. Full Ps5 specs were given 8 months before launch. This is actually late if they are launching this Sept.

Varteras

Gold Member
Hardware is never announced 1 or 2 weeks before launch, ussually months before. Full Ps5 specs were given 8 months before launch. This is actually late if they are launching this Sept.
Yeah. As much as I wanted it to happen, it's not happening soon. Probably not even this year. Rumors I had previously heard stated that it was this Fall but that it could also slip into early 2022. At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if what's next is a legit new console with backwards compatibility for Switch. Might explain what's been taking so long with Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3. Entirely possible that as development stumbled along they decided they wanted a "Super Switch" version of those games for its launch. If this new console did release next year the Switch would already be 5 years old by then. Its performance is incredibly lacking compared to PS5 and Series X. That's going to make it difficult to secure third party support going forward. Switch was already lacking some big third party titles from the previous generation.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
No idea but honestly there was way too much smoke to not be fire.
Maybe it won't release this year, a lot of insiders saying it was coming last year then this year etc....
I think it will come but maybe Nintendo is giving false informations left and right?
That may explain why some "insiders' where adamant it was coming last/this year.
We know how secrecy is important to nintendo.

Kokoloko85

Probably will come out with BOTW 2.
Or its in the same development phase as Metroid 4…………………….. ….. …… …..

TheMan

Lol I forgot the switch pro was supposed to have been announced a while back. See how that went.

Also OP I wouldn't hold your breath for a n64 mini. Most of those games have aged like ass and they know it.

Top Bottom