• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So uh, did anyone try watching that Seth Rogan/Sarah Silverman show "Santa Inc." Seems like it's one of the worst reviewed shows ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Why was seth rogan given work after sausage party? That was anti-comedy. So I'm not surprised this sucks

Sausage Party was orders of magnitude funnier than The Interview 2 years prior IMO.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Those two are more cynical than most, there's a big difference between seth rogan and silverman compared to hart, rogan, kinison, and ferrell.

Mistake

So serious non-rhetorical question, what do white supremacists have to do with a feminists comedy about female elf becoming Santa? Shouldn't he have blamed misogyny and toxic masculinity?
I dunno, something about hiding under beds, only to come out and say your opinion is wrong

Last edited:

sol_bad

There is an argument that they are ripping into Christian traditions as Santa Claus is based on the real life person St Nicolas of Myra.

Looks like there is absolutely no way to watch this in Australia so I can't even watch it to see what all the fuss is aboot. It's from HBO Max so it's really weird that Binge doesn't have it here.
I agree as mentioned in this thread that Sausage Party wasn't good, I laughed a lot in the first half and then it lost steam in the second half.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Looks like there is absolutely no way to watch this in Australia so I can't even watch it to see what all the fuss is aboot. It's from HBO Max so it's really weird that Binge doesn't have it here.
I agree as mentioned in this thread that Sausage Party wasn't good, I laughed a lot in the first half and then it lost steam in the second half.

Agreed with Sausage Party. That novelty of that film wore off really fast. The end was pure cringe.

I don't think Santa Inc is available here in the UK either. Maybe that says a lot about its quality, as almost everything that hits HBO Max turns up on Now TV in the UK as well.

Not that I would watch it. I know enough about this show not to bother wasting my time on it.

Airola

sarah silverman full frontal nude big tits hairy bush in take this waltz

Oh, sorry I thought this was google search bar, carry on.

Butch_0451

How has this become the norm?

Ghostbusters (2016)
He Man
Cowboy Bebop Netflix

just to name a few. Practically all of them have the creators lashing out at the fans.
Don’t forget The Last Dual that one tanked because of Millennials according to Ridley Scott.

Kacho

Gold Member
Why do they always blame white supremacists for their failings?

Pathetic.
It's like a rally cry. I mean, just look at the dislikes on YouTube. Total catastrophe.

WD5qkfD.png

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Seth Rogan literally blamed someone for complaining about being Robbed in LA.

What a stupid attitude. Some people live in their fucking cars and have to leave their things there. Not everybody has the cash to replace everything they own and brush it off as a trivial setback like him. The guy is so disconnected from reality. Fuck him.

Last edited:

Tams

Horrible. I saw the absolute ribbing it was getting on another forum.

The comments on the trailer video were getting horrible, but I have to give it to them that they were being creative (far more than this steaming pile).

I just think that’s the audience they cultivated. When they gave Steven Colbert a late night gig, you knew the days of the Lenos and Carsons was over. Now maybe it was over anyway. But half the country was never going to watch Colbert. And that was before he became a completely unfunny hack like he is now (just watch his vaccine cover songs bit if you don’t believe me).

Another inflection point was when Jimmy Kimmel used his child’s medical condition to push for the Affordable Care Act. He got so much attention and praise for that. And it really wasn’t entertaining. It just pushed the right buttons for certain people. Which is fine, but we aren’t interested in Jimmy because he’s smart or because of his political opinions. He is an entertainer. When entertainers forget their role, they cease to be relevant.

At the end of the day, these guy all decided that the only way they could draw a consistent audience was to alienate a large % of the country. They couldn’t just be funny. They had to be funny in the “correct” way. That isn’t how funny works. In fact it’s the opposite of how funny works.
As I non-American - all your late night talk shows are unwatchable. Everything has to be spelled out on them, and you can see the (bad) jokes coming from a mile away.

At least the few UK talk shows fully play into their silliness and don't actually think they are funny.

Last edited:

The comments on the trailer video were getting horrible, but I have to give it to them that they were being creative (for more than this steaming pile).

As I non-American - all your late night talk shows are unwatchable. Everything has to be spelled out on them, and you can see the (bad) jokes coming from a mile away.

At least the few UK talk shows fully play into their silliness and don't actually think they are funny.
Are the UK ones more like Craig Ferguson? I thought he was pretty underrated.

Ionian

There's a myriad of them like Ross, Norton, 9 out of 10 cats etc. They take the piss out of themselves and guests and don't pontificate against the audience. Most take as good as they get and everyone laughs. Even frankie Boyle who can be a bit preachy is absolutely savage with his observation s and does it on purpose and is brilliant. Steve Coogan another jewel. Complete different class of wit. Of course there are shit ones but they don't get the same leverage, just have the lowest common dominitor fans, like James corden

Last edited:

Xenon

The comments on the trailer video were getting horrible, but I have to give it to them that they were being creative (for more than this steaming pile).

Thankfully I was able to enjoy latenight at its best before it was overrun by partisan hacks. To br fare though, Jimmy F was just horrible with interviews, but later had to bend the knee.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Last edited:

sol_bad

I think you guys get too worked up over celebrity tweets, you don't know them and you'll never get to know them. Who cares what they say on there.
:)

Tams

I've watched a bit of Craig Ferguson and he wasn't that bad.

UK talk shows don't have any qualms with ribbing their guests. It's expected even. Some American guests can sometimes end up insulted (which we find adds to the entertainment). They're still talk shows though, so I don't care much for them, but imo they are better than the American dross.

Two Jewish people making a shock comedy about a holiday loosely associated with a religion they have absolute contempt for, what could go wrong.

I am looking forward to Mel Gibson's next animated movie on Hanukkah.
They're not practicing Jews, why would they hate Christmas when it's all bullshit lol.

They're not practicing Jews, why would they hate Christmas when it's all bullshit lol.
Because they’re just sneering assholes. It’s pretty common these days for people to look down their nose at traditions because they feel it elevates them in some way. Of course it doesn’t and just makes them insufferable to be around. These two’s Jewish heritage is really inconsequential, although it is a bit much for them to be shitting on something like Christmas rather than something they actually have a connection with. But when it comes to celebrities trying to cling to relevance, there really is nothing they won’t do.

Last edited:

ikbalCO

Imagine a hannukah or a ramadan show with the same premise.

Sometimes i think christians generally have the thickest skin.

Sarah Silverman is the figurehead of the "women aren't funny" movement.
I dont know about that. Her hbo and netflix specials are fantastic though.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Saying you pissed off people isn’t the same as blaming them for your shows bad reviews. He’s not talking about review scores, or accusing all of the writers for the web sites/newspapers/magazine who represent Rotten Tomatoes of being racist.

Jewish people are hated by white supremecists and I’m sure that show pissed some off lol

dcll

Banned
Saying you pissed off people isn’t the same as blaming them for your shows bad reviews. He’s not talking about review scores, or accusing all of the writers for the web sites/newspapers/magazine who represent Rotten Tomatoes of being racist.

Jewish people are hated by white supremecists and I’m sure that show pissed some off lol
The hysteria and panick about white supremacy is so overblown and ridiculous. I live in the Deep South and don’t know any and while I’m sure there are some here there are racists everywhere including the shithole big cities and racists of every color, white people do not have a monopoly on racism. These same faux outraged people yelling white supremacy are bigots most of the time a against people for other reasons that color which isn’t any better

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Banned
The hysteria and panick about white supremacy is so overblown and ridiculous. I live in the Deep South and don’t know any and while I’m sure there are some here there are racists everywhere including the shithole big cities and racists of every color, white people do not have a monopoly on racism. These same faux outraged people yelling white supremacy are bigots most of the time a against people for other reasons that color which isn’t any better
White Supremacy/Racism has been redefined into completely different meanings now. Though I feel the power of those words is thankfully lessening because of how badly misused they've become

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom