• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So this leak on Microsoft first party development seems to be true

harmny

Banned
psychonauts 2 was announced in 2015 and it's getting released in 2021 5/6 years of development and you are telling me that double fine can launch a banjo reboot in 2022? cmon.

Not very exciting list, also HB2 I don't believe is a 2021 game, last update they showed they were still in early concept stage ...scouting for locations.

Last edited:

SCB3

inXile are the original Fallout devs right? I do wonder if a new Fallout from them in the style of Wasteland would be something to work on?

So much fake unproven sources from Twitter are used on this site. You guys hate and rag on Twitter all the damn time but have no problem with using it as a news source.

Chukhopops

inXile are the original Fallout devs right? I do wonder if a new Fallout from them in the style of Wasteland would be something to work on?
inXile didn't exist and was founded much later, but some inXile founders (like Brian Fargo) were part of the original Fallout team.

To me it would make sense to create multiple Fallout games since the license is gigantic and they basically have Bethesda / Obsidian / inXile.

SCB3

inXile didn't exist and was founded much later, but some inXile founders (like Brian Fargo) were part of the original Fallout team.

To me it would make sense to create multiple Fallout games since the license is gigantic and they basically have Bethesda / Obsidian / inXile.

Sorry, thats what I meant to say, former Black Rock devs are now part of inXile

I could definitely see multiple Fallout Games in different styles or from different teams

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Interplay Fallout 1 devs created Black Isle Studios(subsidiary of Interplay) which developed Fallout 2, those guys left and made Obsidian. Tim Cain(Co-Director of The Outer Worlds), Leonard Boyarsky(Co-Director of The Outer Worlds), Feargus Urquhart(Obsidian Studio Head), Chris Jones(Obsidian Co-Founder) are some of the creators of the original Fallout. Fallout was inspired from Wasteland by Interplay's Brian Fargo, he made InXile with his colleagues.

mortal

Gold Member
Yea I call bullshit anytime someone starts throwing out leaks with specific release dates or release windows 3-4 years out.

No one person would have immediate knowledge of a detail like that, mostly because it's never determined that early on.

Last edited:

SCB3

Interplay Fallout 1 devs created Black Isle Studios(subsidiary of Interplay) which developed Fallout 2, those guys left and made Obsidian. Tim Cain(Co-Director of The Outer Worlds), Leonard Boyarsky(Co-Director of The Outer Worlds), Feargus Urquhart(Obsidian Studio Head), Chris Jones(Obsidian Co-Founder) are some of the creators of the original Fallout. Fallout was inspired from Wasteland by Interplay's Brian Fargo, he made InXile with his colleagues.

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying, so a better bet for a "Wasteland" style Fallout would actually be Obsidian then?

Bernkastel

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying, so a better bet for a "Wasteland" style Fallout would actually be Obsidian then?
Fallout should be like Fallout and Wasteland should be like Wasteland. I dont know if InXile really wants to make a Wasteland ARPG now.

TheFawz

Dates change so much every step of the way and last minute that I don't think that so many were wrong discredits the leak (especially considering COVID)

A lot of things mentioned there were rumoured before or expected, but nothing stands out as wrong so based on timing of the leak this could be very likely a real one. Overall that all sounds like wonderful news, though some things not being mentioned has me worried (ie: No mention of a new Killer Instinct being in the works)

Bernkastel

Dates change so much every step of the way and last minute that I don't think that so many were wrong discredits the leak (especially considering COVID)

A lot of things mentioned there were rumoured before or expected, but nothing stands out as wrong so based on timing of the leak this could be very likely a real one. Overall that all sounds like wonderful news, though some things not being mentioned has me worried (ie: No mention of a new Killer Instinct being in the works)
You think Avowed and Everwild would launch on 2021 and Forza Motorsport would have been a launch title without COVID? The leak did not even mention State of Decay 3 or Flight Simulator. If he was working at XGS publishing he should have also known about The Medium, Scorn, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 , Exo One and Shredders. It only mentions stuffs we already knew. Also where is the new Hellblade II trailer?

Last edited:

Hawke502

This is horrible, how can anyone believe this? Everything on this "leak" was already rumored, and Fable "IV", really? This guy is so off he thought Fable would be a sequel, not a reboot, something we knew was wrong even before the announcement.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Double Fine working on a Banjo reboot makes so much sense... but also... it makes even more sense for them to work on Conker too.

Royal-Slime

Banned
sounds complete horse shit..

Making multiple RPGs in span of 2 and less than 3 years ... by Obsidian ... ?

Same goes... Fable ain't coming in 2021 or even 2022
It's not like they were just making Outer Worlds all this time. It could very well be some isometric RPG with low budget but exploration like Skyrim. AAA doesn't mean much nowadays.
Or The Outer Worlds 2 is just like Fallout New Vegas to Fallout 3 - almost the same graphics, new locations, new weapons, new story. Very doable.

The list does seem to be believable. Nothing interesting for me except Fable IV, and even that has me in doubts.

MrFunSocks

Banned
They’re all extremely “safe” and predictable “leaks”. I don’t see anything that screams inside information there. Likely just another fake wannabe insider after attention. We already knew most of this before May.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Most of this info is already known or educated guesses.

Obsidian's other RPG will release in 2021? They are working on Avowed. 2021? Seems like a stretch. But you never know. Maybe they've been working on it for years and we didn't know it. I thought that game was just an early preview and the game is way off.

LQX

I get the feeling Forza 8 was suppose to launch with the XSX and something other than the pandemic happened. They have to had been working on that thing for years.

Top Bottom