• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Sony did not give Jahtzee (Zero Punctuation) a review copy of Ratchet & Clank because they don't like his style.

ANIMAL1975

ad_34499636_5daee529c429b8b9_tn.jpg

Expect the sheep's to agree with Sony. Just like many of these comments as you can see.

Sony is the only company who can acts like this, and people will love it.
sheep GIF

How far up their own ass are Sony nowadays. Holy shit.

Censoring Japanese games, not giving reviewers copies, because they don't like their style?

I am very happy, that I did not buy a PS5.

The PS5 is sold out everywhere. They don't give a shit that you don't want to buy one.

clintar

You seem to care enough to enter the thread and post tho. Getting your Sony PR money worth? I mean that’s the only reason for the idiotic very low IQ posts like this in every negative thread about Sony.
So are you outraged that he didn't get a review copy, or are you outraged that I'm not? Which is it? What are we supposed to think here? We too low IQ to know.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
One time, Jahtzee pulled my grandchild out of the ocean and gave him CPR, then narrated his Super Mario 64 review to him in the hospital.

"And while I appreciate the graphical jump in quality the third dimension the N64 adds causes me to control Mario as if I'd just smeared my nose in petrol and were playing the game with my face in the back of a trolly driven by a knob with a case of Parkinson's intent to turn me into raspberry jam *deep exhale*"

Such a great guy, come on Snoy.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
Is there some sort of entitlement for reviewers to get free copies?
If not then he can do like the rest of the population and just buy it.

Expect the sheep's to agree with Sony. Just like many of these comments as you can see.

Being upset people are saying negative things about Xbox is one thing. But, this constant coming into threads to complain that anyone says anything good about Sony (without even mentioning at Xbox or Nintendo) is getting ridiculous. Can you be more petty?

clintar

I said it as soon as Sony did that wanky e3 show when they only showed 4 games and they each had their own stage. Arrogant ps3 era sony is back and they are yet to learn their lesson. Their attitude fucking stinks these days.
I guess you didn't squeal loud enough for them to know you didn't approve. I blame your lack of effort, really. Thanks a lot. I'll let Yatzee know it was your fault that the age or arrogant sony is here, so he didn't get a review copy. Dark days ahead.

Dlacy13g

OR, Perhaps company X games doesn't want their game to be "reviewed" and the "review" is pretty much.
"yeah so this game and when I walked into and then something about having chrons disease or getting fucked in the ass by a hobo or a bucket of cum on your face.. to explain that there was a feature he didnt like or decided to nitpick on.

I dunno, could be that simple!

And no, company X shouldn't just hand out hand out copies to anyone who are a selfproclaimed "journalist" or a "reviewer". 100% unmanageable. What would the criteria be to get a copy? Who sets it? can you overrule it?

The square one is: Company X is free to do as they want with their products and if you bitch about not getting X for free. Fucking buy it if you want it cunt (not calling you a cunt, calling the people who bitch about freebies cunts)

If they (company X) decide they just want to give them to girls with mongolian / italian decent, 21-23.4 years old, between 155 and 157 cm tall and with parents who are at least 10 years apart in age but no mor than 11.6 years. Also they can't have blond hair. they should be allowed to do so without anyone sending a hatestorm on the internet about it.

Its their fucking company.
Indeed it is their company and they will run it as they deem. I am entitled to my opinion and they are entitled to run the company the way they want.

ZoolNL

You better listen to the guys who are providing or you’re missing out.
This industry is everything but objective…. Meh

SkylineRKR

I don't like his style either, but if you can't get a copy buy or borrow one. I can understand that if you don't like a certain style of reviews, you won't provide to them.

And while there is stuff going on regarding objective and subjectiveness, there is also lots of rigged and biased shit at the reviewers side. It goes both ways. Just limit yourself to one or 2 sources, don't read and fixate on metacritic, and this is hard without demos these days but try the game out yourself.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Yahtzee has been doing the same schtick for years. It was fun at first, but its gotten so old at this point its more of an annoying affectation than a gimmick.

I wouldn't bother with sending him review copies either until he freshened up the act. Its not even good snark at this point, its a guy going through the motions because that -and only that- makes him noteworthy.

Lupingosei

Banned
I love the people who are angry that something is getting discussed on a discussion board.

Each time somebody is getting angry about this, an angel gets its wings.

Zok310

Banned

Bullshit. No one should care if ZP have to go spend money to review a game.
This is only an issue because Sony did it, if Nintendo or MS done it no one would give a shit.
Get off that high horse, Sony don’t owe any critic anything.
And maybe, just maybe ZP can work on improving their relationship with Sony instead of complaining when Sony tells them that they don’t like their old out of date approach for reviewing video games.

Green_Eyes

All these zoomers not knowing who Yahtzee is and being super hateful to the point of justifying this are hilarious.

Go eat tide pods kids:

tide pod deliciously clean by BECKY'S INCREDIBLE GIF COLLECTION

GHG

Gold Member
At first I thought this thread was worthless and pathetic.

But as the thread has gone on I'm quite thankful there now exists a hugbox for all the Sony haters to freely express themselves without needing to pretend they are "unbiased" and "impartial". Let it all out guys, being honest is good for you.

I mean they have the right who to give a free copy. So the review is late because what, he didnt have money to buy his own copy? ACG gets free copies that he gives away but does purchase an actual copy for himself for review. What a bitch....im an influencer and reviewer, i must get a free copy...

BigBooper

Me neither, but it's dumb to single them out. He has a big audience. On the flip side, I wish all reviewers bought their own.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
All these zoomers not knowing who Yahtzee is and being super hateful to the point of justifying this are hilarious.

Go eat tide pods kids:

tide pod deliciously clean by BECKY'S INCREDIBLE GIF COLLECTION'S INCREDIBLE GIF COLLECTION

Zoomer? Boy, I was gaming back when Zoomer was a little critter in Metroid, back before they done took our word and per-verted it. Tide pods? In my day, we used to drink bleach straight from the bottle and then choke each other to get high. You ever hear of a "whip it," son? I LIVED IN THOSE DAYS. Now it's all about the Blackberries and the N-Gages and the Google. Back in my day, we didn't fuss about not getting review copies like this Jarule guy, no, we didn't read reviews unless we subscribed to a magazine. ACTUAL PAPER, I said!

Klayzer

Being upset people are saying negative things about Xbox is one thing. But, this constant coming into threads to complain that anyone says anything good about Sony (without even mentioning at Xbox or Nintendo) is getting ridiculous. Can you be more petty?
To be fair, there are also some hardcore PS guys that goes into positive Xbox topics to crap on it as well. Im still not convinced people actually like video games on this site.

Top Bottom