• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Ricky Gervais' 80's new wave group was pretty awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I had no idea up until a couple of days ago that Ricky Gervais was in a new wave group back in the 80's. And now having heard them...damn, they were actually pretty good. And holy shit, Gervais looked almost exactly like David Bowie. Check it out:

Seona Dancing - Bitter Heart
Seona Dancing - More to Lose

Sadly they didn't have too much output. But man, they were actually pretty good. Say I wanted to hear more stuff like this. What should I look for?

Also, hi David Bowie...er, I mean Ricky Gervais.

0.jpg

brianjones said:
great contribution
:lol

I'm serious.

Look at uhh... what's his face... Seth Rogen.
He lost some weight and got leading roles.

Gervais can handle dramatic roles and more challenging roles. He just needs to slim up.

And yeah it came out badly but that was my roundabout way of saying he'd be attractive or whatever as an older dude if he trimmed down.

Salazar

Buckethead said:

I'm serious.

Gervais can handle dramatic roles and more challenging roles. He just needs to slim up.

You're a dick. Besides, Gervais does work out. He's lost a heap of weight.

Salazar said:
You honestly think Seth Rogen got Green Hornet purely off his ability?
Hollywood is a vain industry my friend, I don't see how that makes me a dick.

Buckethead said:

I'm serious.

And yeah it came out badly but that was my roundabout way of saying he'd be attractive or whatever as an older dude if he trimmed down.

what does this have to do with the topic? who cares

markot

Banned
Buckethead said:

I'm serious.

tsott_140910

Salazar

Buckethead said:
You honestly think Seth Rogen got Green Hornet purely off his ability?
Hollywood is a vain industry my friend, I don't see how that makes me a dick.

:lol at the idea that being in Green Hornet is an enviable role.

ToxicAdam

Sounds derivative of better bands of the day like ABC and Psychedelic Furs.

Say I wanted to hear more stuff like this. What should I look for?

Spandau Ballet
ABC
Psychedelic Furs
Human League

markot said:
http://www.rickygervais.com/images/tsott_140910
Nice he's looking good. Didn't know that.

Anyway I dig the tunes it's a little Cure, a little Bowie, can't quite put my finger on all the influences but I like it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Buckethead said:
Nice he's looking good. Didn't know that.

Anyway I dig the tunes it's a little Cure, a little Bowie, can't quite put my finger on all the influences but I like it.

Sounds like there's a bit of Gary Numan in there too.

Buckethead said:

I'm serious.

He got leading roles when he was still fat. Hollywood isn't nearly so vain when it comes to male actors. The only reason Gervais isn't getting more hollywood movies is because his comedy isn't that popular here.

ToxicAdam

Rafa=FedKilla said:
They sound like 80's Ultravox and The The(The The is soooooo much better).

Yea, I forgot about The The. They never really made it over in the States. I didn't hear their album Soul Mining until 1992, almost a decade after it's release.

Here's a song from that album called Giant. It almost reminds me of a precursor to NIN.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Pfft, everbody looked like David Bowie in the 80's.

The great part about watching those videos is hearing Ricky's amazing laugh in my head, as he'd probably laugh himself silly watching them.

Seraphis, if you listen to The The and the album soul mining, the first two songs should definitely be This is the day and Uncertain Smile.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Salazar said:
what he said actually sounded like a compliment to me.

look at it this way, largeness to an extent is on the whole considered to be an unattractive quality. he was simply saying that gervais would be a good looking dude if he lost the weight. basically hes seeing that he has a good face.

Get'sMad

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Seraphis, if you listen to The The and the album soul mining, the first two songs should definitely be This is the day and Uncertain Smile.

was listening to this earlier tonight. actually. This is the Day is such a great song.

Dusk is probably my favorite The The album just because of Johnny Marr's incredible guitar work (and unfortunately the only good post Smiths thing he ever did :( ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom