• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, it seems PS5 *does* have unified cache (Zen 3-like) after all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
You get a Series X for the POWER, a PS5 for the MOVIES, and a Nintendo Switch for the GAMES.

And a PC for all of the above
fall fail GIF

Last edited:
I'm not sure why if something is a positive for one console that it must be seen as a negative for another console, this really doesn't affect the other two consoles if it's confirmed to be true. If it is true, it is only a benefit, there are no negatives.
It would be fantastic if all three consoles were suddenly found to have something extra that that was leaked before launch so that they could all push a but harder.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Zen 4 coming in less than 6 months. 🥱
no point if no games utilizing it. What we need to see is result, not "this next gen hardware is coming soon".
thats like showing tons of next gen tech showcase but no games using it.

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

Think of it like what ESRAM was for Xbox One.

omg omg, what is it? what does it do? I don’t know, the PS4 doesn’t have it so it makes sense how Xbox One despite having less raw power is able to punch above its weight

Advantage Xbox

XOne 1
PS4 0

That’s what some of you look like right now lol.

Does Series X have this too or does it only get Zen 2 with Full RDNA2 while PS5 has Zen 3 with RDNA1?

(for the fanboys - this is a joke)

these special sauces for each console are nice. Impressed with PS5 performing as well with such a small chip. Really is the closest gen ever and not a clear cut leader. Will be interesting seeing the best studios try and max each one

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Does Series X have this too or does it only get Zen 2 with Full RDNA2 while PS5 has Zen 3 with RDNA1?

these special sauces for each console are nice. Impressed with PS5 performing as well with such a small chip. Really is the closest gen ever and not a clear cut leader. Will be interesting seeing the best studios try and max each one
I think the difference will get even smaller once we start seeing more games done on these next generation engines

It's a hunch that I have

That's what I'm looking forward to as well.

Also thought we were passed threads like this ages ago since both consoles are out now and we can look forward to the games and drop this dick measuring console warrior BS. At this point It's just funny to go through the warrior posts and laugh 😂

Armorian

Banned
I already corrected myself a few comments up.

the thing is tho, there is no way this is CPU related. CoD games aren't very CPU intensive. I can run CoD at higher framerates than either console and I only have a Zen+ CPU in my PC, and Zen+ is way worse than Zen 2 for high framerate gaming.

this is unoptimized code that either doesn't utilize enough of the available cores correctly or has other issues.

What are you smoking? If you want over 100FPS framerate in Warzone you need good CPU. PS5 and XSX version of Warzone is still in BC mode...

Edit: About topic, I would wait for more confirmations.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Sounds excellent!
This isnt Infinity Cache though.

All prior documentation stated the PS5 SOC was using 1 cache per CCX in 2 CCX configuration.
It would be odd for Sony not to correct everyone by saying they are using a unified L3 cache.

But well see how this develops.

This is bullshit, desperate bullshit.

All current gen consoles have non-unified L3 CPU cache. And none of them have infinity cache like GPU cache.

Please, don't be stupid folks.

Last edited:

Zathalus

No, there is no unified cache. Nxgamer is wrong on this one.

mod edit: this discussions is part of the existing thread here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom