• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I Finished Diablo 3 Campaign....

I finished Diablo 3 with the Wizard on my Nintendo Switch Lite.

What do you recommend now?

Adventure Mode is ok but it's all the same. I did the Sescheron Ruins but I'm missing an item in that quest.

I restarted the Campaign and now I'm playing Witch Doctor who sounds an awful lot like T'Challa/Chadwick Boseman (RIP your heinous) so I'm really digging his accent and AOE effects.

I still have Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night which I'm about 80 percent through and Trials of Mana remake which I haven't played yet.

What would you recommend? Besides Witch Doctor which seems cool. How is the Necromancer?

Antwix

Wizard/mage is the class I play first in any game in the rpg/adventure genre, but Demon hunter is also really fun as well. Granted I havent played since Reaper of Souls came out so I don't know what's been added since. But yeah, try out demon hunter. If you're like me (and love the wizard/mage classes), demon hunter should be pretty fun as well.

Xenon

I don't really think Diablo 3 is like your standard game where you finish it and move on. The meat of the game is seeing how far you can get in the torment levels. Playing around with armor and builds is a big part of the enjoyment of the game you're going to miss out if you just focus on beating it once with each character.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Unfortunately if you are not playing adventure mode and running rifts, then the game has very little to offer and your mileage will be pretty low. Not sure what other ARPGs are on the Switch.

One does not finish diablo 3

make a seasonal char. Get all seasonal awards.
faceroll highest tiers.

do this with all classes.
Now you buy diablo 3 on another device and do it again.

repeat the same next season.
How do I make a "Seasonal Character"?

I finished the Campaign and am playing Adventure Mode with the Campaign character since I figured the Season stuff is part of that.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
How do I make a "Seasonal Character"?

I finished the Campaign and am playing Adventure Mode with the Campaign character since I figured the Season stuff is part of that.
When you make a new char you seasonal. This will give you like a trophy system
. And exclusive seasonal stuff like extra powers or loot etc. Like the other dide stated.. i think i have about 3000 hours in diablo3 the game does not really ends.
Its an insane sandbox to try out synergies strats whatever.

imo its like saying i have beaten minecraft.

sobaka770

Banned
I mean Diablo 3 has a pretty shit story and beating it is barely scratching the surface of the game.

Honeslty you should try doing some rifts with your char, get better gear, see if it hooks you for a bit. After all the rifts and gear loop is the core of the game and it can be fun for a bit. Demon Hunter is where it's at.

Have fun! All the good gear are in rifts. You'll have the opportunity to obtain ancient legendaries that way.

If you ever get a chance I recommend Grim Dawn though I'm not sure if it's on the Switch.
I actually own Grim Dawn (and Ashes of Malmouth) on GOG but never played it.

Last edited:
roll seasonal hardcore character and start chipping away at seasonal rewards

they make you do some of the funnest stuff that way, you'll have to use different characters and maybe non-hardcore too

if you bought D3 for an 8 hour one and done cinematic experience, you wasted your cash...the whole point is refining your game loop, and honestly, the game doesn't change from here

now go earn your wings soldier

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
All the classes are cool in their own way, and there are multiple "fun builds" for each class.

I hate to sound like a Blizzard shill / info kiosk, but I think the best way to progress in D3 is to spin up a new Season class that has a set of gear you think is cool. Play through the challenges and hamster-wheels and get some "high level" equipment so that you can spend more time perfecting your combat skills and fine-tuning your skill loadout.

Wizard (and the Witchdoctor you just started) are ranged / summon. If you like that style, I think Demon Hunter is the most enjoyable ranged class, though I do really love my Carnevil Witchdoctor and my bell-dropping Monk. The melee classes feel different because you're juggling crowd control, stuns, health mgmt, and dmg output in a totally different manner, so go with whatever melee class looks the coolest.

EDIT: I have the Switch version too so if you wanna do some rifts and level absurdly fast, PM me.

Last edited:
All the classes are cool in their own way, and there are multiple "fun builds" for each class.

I hate to sound like a Blizzard shill / info kiosk, but I think the best way to progress in D3 is to spin up a new Season class that has a set of gear you think is cool. Play through the challenges and hamster-wheels and get some "high level" equipment so that you can spend more time perfecting your combat skills and fine-tuning your skill loadout.

Wizard (and the Witchdoctor you just started) are ranged / summon. If you like that style, I think Demon Hunter is the most enjoyable ranged class, though I do really love my Carnevil Witchdoctor and my bell-dropping Monk. The melee classes feel different because you're juggling crowd control, stuns, health mgmt, and dmg output in a totally different manner, so go with whatever melee class looks the coolest.

EDIT: I have the Switch version too so if you wanna do some rifts and level absurdly fast, PM me.
I have no Internet at home except for my phone's 4G connection. I had to go down the street to a family friend to borrow their wifi so I could update the Switch and patch the games.

I've only had the Switch for about 2 or 3 weeks now. So it's all brand new for me still.

Whenever I'm able to afford it, my next games will be Skyrim, Call of Cthulhu and Breath of the Wild.

Last edited:
don't forget you can do local coop too

edit: nm, switch lite, you might end up bumping more than elbows
I wish but....

I have no Internet at home except for my phone's 4G connection. I had to go down the street to a family friend to borrow their wifi so I could update the Switch and patch the games.

I've only had the Switch for about 2 or 3 weeks now. So it's all brand new for me still.

Whenever I'm able to afford it, my next games will be Skyrim, Call of Cthulhu and Breath of the Wild.

Edit: oops you said local co-op

Actually I could if I got two controllers because I have that official stand where you can plug the controllers into and you can play it like it's a mini TV.

Last edited:
I didn't mean LAN, you can play on the same tv.

isnt there a travel tv dock for lite?

either way, solo is fun, do the current season

Last edited:
I didn't mean LAN, you can play on the same tv.

isnt there a travel tv dock for lite?
Yeah I got this.

FBjd5uX.png

Tschumi

I recommend a real game. As far as I'm concerned d3 is the videogame equivalent of a mildly interesting tour through a company hq museum.

Diablo 2 :) ^_^v o7

Dungeon Siege, though it isn't quite the same thing

Pillars of Eternity 2, though it isn't quite the same thing

Faithless83

Banned
I finished Diablo 3 with the Wizard on my Nintendo Switch Lite.

What do you recommend now?

Adventure Mode is ok but it's all the same. I did the Sescheron Ruins but I'm missing an item in that quest.

I restarted the Campaign and now I'm playing Witch Doctor who sounds an awful lot like T'Challa/Chadwick Boseman (RIP your heinous) so I'm really digging his accent and AOE effects.

I still have Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night which I'm about 80 percent through and Trials of Mana remake which I haven't played yet.

What would you recommend? Besides Witch Doctor which seems cool. How is the Necromancer?
Time to start actually playing the game then. Adventure mode > Rifts > Greater Rifts. Search for the Kanai's Cube first, look into some builds and set's that looks interesting. Your wizard is probably lacking a lot at this point. Necro/Wiz/Demon Hunter are my favorite classes. Been playing on and off since launch on PC/PS4. Great game to catch up with friends/listen to podcast and do some rifts. Not that attention demanding, depending on class and what you're doing.

Last edited:
Time to start actually playing the game then. Adventure mode > Rifts > Greater Rifts. Search for the Kanai's Cube first, look into some builds and set's that looks interesting. Your wizard is probably lacking a lot at this point. Necro/Wiz/Demon Hunter are my favorite classes. Been playing on and off since launch on PC/PS4. Great game to catch up with friends/listen to podcast and do some rifts. Not that attention demanding, depending on class and what you're doing.
Isn't there some Island only available in Adventure Mode? I couldn't find it but maybe you have to unlock it.

Btw I went to the Secheron Ruins that the ghost wizard npc tells you to find an artifact. I completed the Bounty for the ruins but I guess I never found the Artifact and IIRC (right now I'm taking a break) the Quest for this Artifact doesn't show up in my Quest Log. Maybe it does though but I'll check it later.

Yeah you need to grind the artefact, then you can START playing the game. Bounties are pretty basic, low tier gear grabs. Then Rifts, The Greater Rifts. You also do not play, 1 Greater Rift, you play, 1000's of them, and optimize gear to move up levels. The difficulty levels in the campaign are a joke, you will be fighting enemies with billions more health. That is not an exaggeration. If this was Zelda, you just got your first heart.

Buy Hades and Children of Morta and be happy forever.
I have no Internet at home.

The Diablo 3 campaign is some of the dumbest shit I've ever played.
It's not THAT bad. It's just simple and in a case like this, I'm okay with it. I even own some of the lore books such as Book of Cain and Book of Adria.

I would just like something new besides the "demons are invading and want to conquer Sanctuary" storyline.

After three games, I want something different.

Unfortunately both Diablo "Do You Guys Not Have Phones" Immortal and Diablo 4 seems to be the same tired story.

At this point introduce a new big threat or enemy. Maybe something Lovecraftian like the Dreamers, the mysterious beings inhabiting the Abyss or some mysterious entity from Pandemonium. Maybe even something tied to Trag'Oul.

There's a lot of background to draw from, my guys. Diablo, the Lord of Terror, had plenty and more than enough screentime.

I just want to add to the above that Blizzard could effectively make a gaiden Diablo game, preferably a more standard RPG with a better story either taking place in Sanctuary's history, sometime in-between the other games or sometime after them.

I could see them doing a RTS or 'Diablo Tactics' but that would probably mean a weaker story and also I guess I've been informed here before that strategy games are kind of a dying genre.

Now I'm not particularly a fan of strategy games, but I did really like Halo Wars and Starcraft is pretty hey ok. I would be ok with a gaiden RTS Diablo game.

But I'm off the subject because I'm talking about a Diablo game utilizing the rich lore around the Diablo universe. I think a more standard RPG, so long as it is a side story, would be a nice addition to this wonderful series of games.

drganon

That is on Switch?

I own the first.

It was okay but I prefer Diablo over it.

Haven't tried 2 yet.

Pillars of Eternity might be a future option. Second game in particular. Also Original Sin 2.
It's on switch, seemed to get good reviews for that version as well ( I played the ps4 version). I probably prefer diablo 3 to torchlight 2 overall, but it's still a very fun loot game.

Is it just me or is the Wizard OP?

I am playing Witch Doctot now and it's taking me 3 or 4 times longer to kill enemies than it did with the Wizard.

SCB3

I really need to look into D3 some more, I own the switch version and after the main story I kinda got lost on what to do a few seasons ago when I last played (around the time of the last added DLC character I think)

As for Switch ARPGs I can recommend Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, similar idea with Marvel characters, I enjoyed the main game, need to get into the DLC especially with Dr Doom and the Punisher being added

Top Bottom