• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So are Redfall and Starfield the only headlining releases this entire year that we know of for Xbox?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Hifi Rush
Redfall
Starfield
Age of empires 4
Forza Motorsport

That’s an awesome year for Xbox. Even if Redfall is ready I would rather Microsoft wait to release it February 2024.

I agree with the bolded.
Xbox also has Minecraft Legends coming and Ghostwire Tokyo is new to Xbox & PC as the Sony moneyhat is expired, plus Game Pass has a bunch of smaller games that I'd really like to play but won't have time. The way the acquisition it's looking Diablo and CoD could technically even be Xbox first parties sometime this year. :messenger_beaming:

Additionally super strong GotY contender Zelda TotK is coming in May. There are way too many games for this year. It wouldn't bother me if they sent a game or two to 2024 as long as it's not Starfield.

RickMasters

From Xbox Game Studios this year (2023), the big headliners are:

• Age of Empires 4 for Xbox
  • Hi-Fi Rush
  • Forza Motorsport 8
  • Minecraft Legends
  • Starfield
  • Redfall
Those I am buying for sure, as well as Replaced (though it's not first party). Pretty exciting year.
I still think its possible hellblade 2 will be ready for Xmas season. and we may still get stalker 2 this year.

All in all A strong year for xbox. I know im happy with whats being offered. These games just need to be good/great. and so far they look like they will hit their marks. Im a big forza fan so its a must for me. redfall looks like it will be fun co op times. Hi fi rush was a pleasant surprise. starfield will be the main course! and as a long time bethesda fan I have no doubt we will sink hundreds of hours into this. hellblade 2 will be great if the first one was anything to go. The team will no doubt have built upon their experience and now have far more resources at their finger tips. I expect it to be great at this point.

Between my backlog (which spans every gen of xbox at this point) and gamepass, Its not boredom thats my problem but choice paralysis. so many good games to play and try out. Ive actually started playing more stuff on gamepass since easing up off destiny. Mooncrest and the castlevania DLC is reminding me how much I love metroidvania type games. FM5 done went and given me a rally DLC expansion..... readfall is weeks away. good times indeed!

In hindsight, I should have saw the possibility when making the thread that people would bring up PlayStation out of nowhere even though it's not mentioned.

But back to Xbox which this thread is about, there was a year when Halo, Gears 3, Forza 4, came out all in the same year, with Microsoft partnerships with Divinity II and Tropico 4 when people still cared about that series.

2011 was a magical year.

How susceptible to PR do you have to be to believe Todd Howard has to play on a Series S, because he doesn't have access to another X when his kids are playing? He could leave work with five Series X consoles, if he wanted.

Lone Wolf

How susceptible to PR do you have to be to believe Todd Howard has to play on a Series S, because he doesn't have access to another X when his kids are playing? He could leave work with five Series X consoles, if he wanted.
Why did you bump this when there is a dedicated thread on what you are referencing?

Top Bottom