• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So are Redfall and Starfield the only headlining releases this entire year that we know of for Xbox?

I know people are distracted by the Activision deal, which itself could potentially make this issue moot. But we have to assume the possibility that it won't work out and I don't see people really talking about what Xbox has planned if that happens.

I feel like people are letting this slip by them. We had delays last year, but the only headlining potentially huge games to come from that were Redfall by Arkane, and Starfield by Todd Howard.

Nothing else has been announced but smaller titles or side plates like Stalker 2.

Was nothing else announced that I may have missed,that have the star power of Redfall and Starfield or are those the only two headlining games for the entire year? Yes, there 'may' be surprises at their summer event, but when is the last time we had a headlining game show up at one of those with a surprise release date the same year it was announced?

MOTM

Banned
Was nothing else announced that I may have missed,that have the star power of Redfall and Starfield or are those the only two headlining games for the entire year? Yes, there 'may' be surprises at their summer event, but when is the last time we had a headlining game show up at one of those with a surprise release date the same year it was announced?
Forza Horizon 5.

Also Forza Motorsport is coming out this year and Hellblade 2 is rumoured too.

That would be three AAA first party games which is perfectly acceptable.

Last edited:
Their 2024 first party lineup for console so far is looking like:

-Hifi rush
-aoe 2 definitive edition
-Minecraft legends
-ghostwire Tokyo (previously ps5)
-redfall
-forza motorsport
-Starfield

There could be other first party games coming, but we won’t find out until their June event. Forza horizon 5 was revealed and released in the same year.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Their 2024 first party lineup for console so far is looking like:

-Hifi rush
-aoe 2 definitive edition
-Minecraft legends
-ghostwire Tokyo (previously ps5)
-redfall
-forza motorsport
-Starfield

There could be other first party games coming, but we won’t find out until their June event. Forza horizon 5 was revealed and released in the same year.
This, plus AoE 4 Xbox.

vj27

Banned
When is the last time we had a headlining game show up at one of those with a surprise release date the same year it was announced?
Hi fi rush technically, i say technically because I have a feeling you’re going to tell me it doesn’t count. We also have forza coming out as well.

Edit: Minecraft legends, forgot about that, think that’s this month too.

Last edited:

vj27

Banned
Forza Horizon 5.

Also Forza Motorsport is coming out this year and Hellblade 2 is rumoured too.

That would be three AAA first party games which is perfectly acceptable.
Idk about hellblade. Doesn’t even really need to come out this year, it would be a great early 2024 game, give it time to breathe and all that. Got Zelda, Spider-Man, starfield, whatever COD is doing, etc. It’d be like a titanfall 2 situation launching end of the year

I could see Forza slipping into '24 based on the fact that they didn't give us a release date when they had that big preview recently.

No way is Hellblade 2 coming this year

I'd be happy with Redwall, starfield and forza ...I'll be annoyed if Forza gets delayed since it was supposed to come q1 2023

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I feel like people don't understand what a headlining game is.

A headlining game for a console is like Halo or God of War. Something that has people rush to stores.

But it seems that as far as solid release dates these are the only two so far. Here's hoping for something at the summer showcase.

2-3 "headlining" exclusives in a year is a solid number. You rarely see any of the 3 major platform holders release much more than that.

I wouldn't expect much more than what's already been announced for 2023 (which is plenty).

Markio128

So, 2022 happened, and now we are concerned that only Starfield and Redfall (+Forza) are being released this year!? Yeesh, I’ve been pretty hard on MS (rightfully so as someone who isn’t a fan of there being such a big focus on gamepass), but this is not the year to complain.

Last edited:
Forza Reboot
Starfield
Redfall

Possibly Hellblade 2 but I doubt it.

Minecraft Legends and HI-Fi Rush are just small cherries on top.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Very solid year. I’m pretty excited for Starfield, and I may start building my GameStop Rewards to pick up Redfall.

Very interested in Minecraft Legends, and I’ve yet to play Hi Fi Rush.

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
If only there was some sort of event in the summer where Xbox could announce new games and/or updates on announced ones. Also as others have pointed out, two high profile AAA games in 1 year is a reasonable output

I'm not saying I disagree, but...

I know people are distracted by the Activision deal, which itself could potentially make this issue moot. But we have to assume the possibility that it won't work out and I don't see people really talking about what Xbox has planned if that happens.

I feel like people are letting this slip by them. We had delays last year, but the only headlining potentially huge games to come from that were Redfall by Arkane, and Starfield by Todd Howard.

Nothing else has been announced but smaller titles or side plates like Stalker 2.

What does playstation have this year that is equally as big as redfall and starfield 🤔🤨🧐

ZoukGalaxy

Yeah, definitely a poor year in horizon, quantity wise, 2 games is lame and FAR from enough considering ALL ACQUISITIONS done and Microsoft recent past years throughput and, worst, if I barely doubt about Starfield, I trust Bethesda about the game despite all memes about Todd, however Redfall is another story... I have no confidence at all in Arkane.
But, hey, Phil our buddy says each this year will be the Xbox year and huge !... like every year... let's see !

May be the Todd with us
fqGlL4s.jpg

I feel like people don't understand what a headlining game is.

A headlining game for a console is like Halo or God of War. Something that has people rush to stores.

But it seems that as far as solid release dates these are the only two so far. Here's hoping for something at the summer showcase.
This.

Last edited:

Alex Scott

There is Forza and according to insiders at REE, Hellblade 2 could make it this year or early next year. Avowed is next year. I don't about any 3rd party exclusives though.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
I could see Forza slipping into '24 based on the fact that they didn't give us a release date when they had that big preview recently.

No way is Hellblade 2 coming this year

I'd be happy with Redwall, starfield and forza ...I'll be annoyed if Forza gets delayed since it was supposed to come q1 2023
If Forza Motorsport doesn't launch this year im gonna bitch slap my digital and physical copy of FM7 every day till it releases.

Laptop1991

They are the only 2 i'm interested in especially Starfield, if they change Redfall to offline play like they said they might, i might get that game as well, i like most of Arkane's games, nothing else interest's me other than those 2.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
As far exclusives goes the only game I'm looking from PS5 this year is FFXVI and that game is third party.
PS5 is not looking any better when it comes its exclusives this year......at least for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom