• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, apparently the N64 was the only console ever made for young kids.

Kokoloko85

I Love the N64. So many great games.

Apart from No Mercy/WCW Revenet etc. There wasnt many good fighting and there was no good JRPG’s either.
I guess Hybrid Heaven was good.

But never the less, it had many amazing games

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
I don't know, N64 was a way cooler system than PS1 to me. Other than a few RPGs (notably Xenogears), Crash 3 and MGS, I never cared much for the PS1. The "kiddie" rep didn't really happen around my area, nor do I remember it from EGM. It was the GC when Nintendo "went kiddie".

N64 definitely isn’t any more “kiddy” than another game console. I think some PlayStation cats in here are just sadly insecure about their hobby.

I think the Gamecube was a worst "offender". The design, shape and even the original color of the console was very toy-like. Not to mention the controller with "cute" button shapes.
the gamecube did have a cool handle that you could use to beat the crap out of your sibling with console then plug it back in ...put the minidisc in and play supermario sunshine while your brother is bleeding out over the floor
i learned 2 things that day

1) Nintendos build quality on consoles is superb
2) I should not be a babysitter and was never asked again to watch this persons kids

Top Bottom