• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So a question about the GPU scalping

What is your personal experience with the PC GPU shortage so far?

• Total voters
I was semi lucky at the beginning of the year, cause I planned to upgrade my whole 7 year old system and found a prebuild (HP Omen 30L) with an 3080 for a price tag slightly over reasonability, but was willing to pay.
What I didn't know at the time, was, that I had to wait for almost 4 months to get the system delivered. And, in the middle of waiting, my old card (an until then good old reliable 980Ti) crapped out and left me hanging for a good month.

It was an Odyssey, but PC-gaming is good again.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
If you can't get a new GPU at RRP, you might as well see if you can get hold of a console instead and use that for a year or two.

xVodevil

Why don't we just...
b3uT7nJ.png

Managed to get a 3090 from retail back in December after waiting 3 months on a 3080 with the useless twats OCUK who did a shit job of keeping us up to date. Ended up refunding my order and got the 3090 with their competition

Was a birthday gift to myself that was a bit late :D

Last edited:

MikeM

I was going to build a PC (first PC in a decade) to compliment my PS5 and Series X, but now gonna wait for next year's cards. I won't buy until prices come back to MSRP.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Walked into Best Buy this morning. They had a pile of 3090s sitting there with no one taking them. I think things are starting to change :)

FStubbs

I bought a laptop with a 3060. Seems a lot easier to me than hunting for GPUs right now.
I did the exact same thing. This 3060 laptop should buy me a couple of years and we can sse how things look in 2023. For now, it seems to be close enough to next gen to suffice.

Edit: nVidia lied about 3060 laptops beating the PS5 though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom