• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Review (PS4 version on PS5)

R6Rider

Gold Member
I was actually planning on getting Contracts 2 at launch when my friend mentioned 3 and Contracts being on sale so I grabbed both.

• I'm about half way through 3 and so far it's been pretty fun, but no where near the Sniper Elite games.
  • The selection of weapons is good and how you can unlock them by finding them is cool.
  • Game is plenty buggy though (playing on PS5 btw) and there's been several locations I'll get to that have ? marks on the map, but once I get there the audio and dialogue from enemies is there, but the actual enemies aren't.
  • Sniping is extremely fun though, despite the overly sensitive enemies. It's either they don't notice anything or they immediately find your location.
  • The assortment of equipment and gadgets you can use is great and offers many ways to play. The major missions have tons of ways to approach and complete them.
  • The drone controls are pretty bad, and has a weighted feel that is weird.
  • Fast travel is basically instantaneous and provides your vehicle each time.
  • It plays/feels a lot like a Far Cry game, just with a smaller budget and emphasis on sniping.
  • For 5 bucks, it's easily worth it.
Haven't played Contracts yet, except messing around in Private 1v1 matches with friends. But I've heard it's more linear, but also improved. Here's hoping it's just as fun and I still plan to get Contracts 2 at launch.

Also, it should be noted that PS5 players CANNOT play with PS4 players on either game.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Wait this is City Interactive game?
Yes, the Sniper Ghost Warrior series is their first series after they stopped putting out garbage at a high rate. Basically their first series of them trying. It seems each game improves upon the last.

Kuranghi

I was into it at the time when I saw it, bugs aside, but I played Sniper Elite 4 instead and I had just beaten Far Cry 5 as well so I had my fill of both those aspects too recently.

Top Bottom