• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers

AZ Greg

Any sneakerheads out there GAF?

Let’s talk about collections, upcoming releases, and anything else sneaker related in here!

Here’s what I’m looking to grab in August:

air-jordan-3-denim-CZ6431-100-official-images-3.jpg

adidas-Yeezy-Boost-350-v2-Israfil-FZ5421-1.jpg

Nymphae

Banned
I've worn the same 2 pairs of shoes for almost a decade, I bought 2 pairs of Adidas Coredos a long time ago, wore them until they fell apart.

ne0r6hmmhi04xhiemz8j.jpg

I also bought a pair of red suede Stan Smiths

08d506f16037d8bb293ebb806bba9bd9.jpg

and a pair of nice leather Gazelles, basically look like these but the lettering is a bit different on mine

BB5480_02.jpg

I never wear those though because I didn't want to ruin them lol. Just mostly wore the Coredos and would wear these when going out somewhere.

If I'm buying sneakers I only buy Adidas. But I don't care anymore, I want good shoes for walking and hiking so I recently bought 2 pairs of Columbia hiking shoes, one waterproof and one not:

15CMBMRDMNDLWPBBLFBO_Pebble-1

1865091_227_f2

Last edited:

God Enel

Back in the days I was a big fan of Nike air max 97
air-max-97-silver-release-date-7.jpg

Had ~3 or so of them in different colors and was like 16 years ago. Awesome sneaker. Glad they reappeared and I see quite some people wearing them. Thought about picking them up myself again but I kinda feel too old to wear them.
Only thing I’m wearing nowadays are low chucks. Be it for working out or on the street.
chucks-low.jpg

I’m became old and boring lol

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Shoe people are weird. Hundreds to thousands for something that you wear on your feet. I don't ever pay more than $50 for a pair and I wear them till they fall apart
don't cheap out on something you will use on a daily basis. I take you it you either don't walk much or don't have a flat foot. Sometimes though, you just want to wear nice things. Nothing wrong or weird about that.

raduque

don't cheap out on something you will use on a daily basis. I take you it you either don't walk much or don't have a flat foot. Sometimes though, you just want to wear nice things. Nothing wrong or weird about that.
Shoes are literally a consumable. The more you use them, the more they get worn out. No point in paying a ton of money for them.

I mostly wear flip flops, just to keep the bottom of my feet from touching the ground.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Shoes are literally a consumable. The more you use them, the more they get worn out. No point in paying a ton of money for them.

I mostly wear flip flops, just to keep the bottom of my feet from touching the ground.
You pay just a bit more for better quality. 50 bucks is not a ton of money, specially if you actually have to work/walk alot

-Minsc-

Nah, just an average joe. Still using a pair I bought from Marks Work Warehouse something like ten (or more) years ago. To my credit, I don't wear them daily.

You pay just a bit more for better quality. 50 bucks is not a ton of money, specially if you actually have to work/walk alot

There is truth to paying a bit more for quality. I bought a cheaper pair of rubber boots last year (or was it January?) and I know I'm going to have to replace them sooner than later. Discovered a couple weeks ago one of them has a small hole somewhere. When I took the winter felt liners out of the bottom I had to go buy some insoles as my feet were getting sore. Don't remember that happening with, say, a Dunlop.

raduque

Well, like I said, I mostly wear flip flops. I walk 14-18k steps at work, which is the only time I wear actual shoes, and the $50 ones feel just fine to me.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm kinda salty that I missed out on the yellow/black Jordan 12's last week but I think I'm done buying shoes online... I need to be able to try them on first and see how they fit. With covid being a thing though, I won't be going to a shoe store any time soon.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Can't believe they still sell it (or it's 99% the same), but I bought a pair of these 15 years ago. I don't wear them a ton, but they still are fucking awesome. They are grimy so I now just wear them in the summer for mowing the lawn or washing my car.

Best $60 I ever spent. Still no holes in the sole or anything. In fact aside from a couple dress shoes at maybe $120-150, Ive never spent more than around $100 on any shoe.

81S-mTm59RL._AC_UX575_.jpg

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: MrS

anzhar

i like sneakers, but im not your typical jordan yeezy guy

im an old man now, but ever since ive had a steady job, ive been buying all the sneakers and colourways i wanted as a kid

currently have about 50 pairs, my oldest sneakers are from 2007, still wear them to this day

mainly air max's, i got uptempo 96's, 95's, 97's, tn's, 90's, bw's, and 1's,

havent bought any sneakers since 2018 as ive sworn no more until my project car is complete

For the life of me I will never understand sneaker heads. I own a pair of steel toed work boots, sandals, and dress shoes that I wear once every two years.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Can't believe they still sell it (or it's 99% the same), but I bought a pair of these 15 years ago. I don't wear them a ton, but they still are fucking awesome. They are grimy so I now just wear them in the summer for mowing the lawn or washing my car.

Best $60 I ever spent. Still no holes in the sole or anything. In fact aside from a couple dress shoes at maybe $120-150, Ive never spent more than around $100 on any shoe.

81S-mTm59RL._AC_UX575_.jpg
Close enough. Here they are. Just wore them on the weekend mowing the lawn.
99hFXY3.jpg

Last edited:

justAjohn

For the life of me I will never understand sneaker heads. I own a pair of steel toed work boots, sandals, and dress shoes that I wear once every two years.
For me it is more of a necessity. One day in a pair of shoes and the smell is a weapon. I experimented alot and reached a bearable solution. Wool socks that absorb most of the smell, but i still need to rotate four pairs, to get rid of ingrained and impressed particles and properly dry them out.

What about socks?

Am I out of touch when I use 'regular' socks instead of those that cut off below the ankle?

I don´t know what the latest trends amongst teens is, but as long as its not too out of sync with everything else its good to go, which basically means there is no right or wrong and everything´s fine. most of my socks are plain black ones anyway no matter the cut (regular, short, invisible) and the rest are mostly stance ones with different themes or just plains in other colors.

when it somes to the cut, i just go with the seasons: from now until march/april its more classic regular ones, in late spring and throughout summer i prefer short or invisible ones unless the shoe demands otherwise (jordan 11s, certain air max 90s and dunks) because it tears up on the heel otherwise.

the Rom is a nice shoe, but like most adidas just noch made for my foot (too slim) and i just don´t like adidas ingeneral anymore apart from few silhouttes.

The 83 Pegasus is a bit too less cuchioned fo me, i prefer the 89 model since its more cushioned and has a bit more of a "modern" look, which i i prefer (late 80ies to mid 90ies were the golden ages of runners imho).

notseqi

I am currently rocking two pairs of Nike Downshifter 9's. They are supposed to be a running shoe but I can't imagine running in them for a long time.
Love the simple styling, cushion and airiness. About 60€ - which is why I immediately bought another pair after the first one felt so nice.

tBVmKmI.png

Another one I got, because I'm walking a lot and I need to switch shoes up, is the Free RN5.0. Supposedly a running shoe aswell it feels different, a little more firm regarding the cushion and I love to use it for the gym too.

Jt0e2Ua.png

Apart from that it's mostly dress shoes :)

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Not really. Hurts my knees too much. Every now and then I do. I have a pair of ASICS gel kayano to run in
Disregard. These are obviously training shoes. I have some nikes for training as well but I never use em for that.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Disregard. These are obviously training shoes. I have some nikes for training as well but I never use em for that.
Yep. I have been tearing it up in the gym lately. Lots of weightlifting mostly. I dropped 25 pounds since the summer. I’ve been chronicling most of my workouts in the fitness OT. You should come and check me out

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. I have been tearing it up in the gym lately. Lots of weightlifting mostly. I dropped 25 pounds since the summer. I’ve been chronicling most of my workouts in the fitness OT. You should come and check me out
Every time I go there I gain 3 lbs.

Top Bottom