• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Receives New Rating

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Australian Classification Board recently updated the rating for Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition. The title is now rated 18+ in Australia. Sleeping Dogs’ PlayStation Store product page retains the actual MA15+ rating for Strong Rough Language, Strong Sexual References, and Strong Violence. Sleeping Dogs now harbors an R18+ rating for “High Impact Violence.” The update to the rating was also seemingly done by the IARC, the International Age Rating Coalition, having expertise in mobile titles and games marketed by digital storefronts.

The updated rating has raised outlandish ideas like a possible next-generation remaster of Sleeping Dogs or a new sequel entirely. Unfortunately, there is nothing that suggests such a possibility at the moment. The community has been trying to make sense of the random update in the rating. However, the most rational explanation seems that the Australian Classification Board has updated the rating to keep up with modern guidelines.

Sleeping-Dogs-Definitive-Edition-New-Rating.png

stn

Maybe a remaster is in the works? I would absolutely love a sequel. There's also a Sleeping Dogs movie coming out this year, so they may be trying to build hype on both fronts.

ahtlas7

Top tier gaming here.
If I remember well, this game went through a rather lengthy development hell but what emerged was fantastic.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Maybe a re-release with proper 60 FPS support for the new consoles. PS consoles are till stuck at 30 FPS where you can run 60 FPS on Series with FPS boost.
I was gonna say the game would look nice with Ray-tracing but 60fps would be out of the question 😂

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I was gonna say the game would look nice with Ray-tracing but 60fps would be out of the question 😂

The amount of wet surfaces the game has, RT would look nice, but it might be too much for the consoles at 60 FPS, yeaaah lol.

Better be a free update. Already bought It for the PS3 and bought It again for the PS4 with all DLCs. I'm not gonne buy the game for a third time.

Last edited:
This game deserves a remake and a sequel ASAP. I had absolutely no expectations for the game when I first played it years ago on Xbox 360 but it quickly hooked me with it's strong shooting and mixed-martial arts combat gameplay. Not to mention the story and characters were all very well thought out and engrossing. The people who designed the open-world of Sleeping Dogs could have taught CD Projekt RED a thing or two when making Cyberpunk.

theclaw135

Banned
Was Sleeping Dogs included in the IP sale?

The IP sale appears to only be games from the Eidos group. (Crystal Dynamics, Core Design). Excluding Just Cause I think.

No idea about the stragglers. Square Enix rather pointlessly kept Kane & Lynch when IO Interactive spun out.

Top Bottom