• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sledgehammer suggests it could look beyond Call of Duty for future games

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Asked where Sledgehammer wants to go in the future, chief operating officer Andy Wilson told VentureBeat the studio is currently “fully invested” in Call of Duty, but he suggested that might not always be the case.

“The biggest thing for our team is that we want to constantly have interesting, exciting projects to work on,” he said. “Obviously, Call of Duty is a huge pillar in the studio. It’s our primary focus, what we’re fully invested in right now.

“Whether there are other things in the future that we look at as well, we’ll take the time to think about all of those things. Culturally, we do that as well. We take the time to breathe occasionally and think about where we want to go.”

California-based Sledgehammer has faced significant challenges over the past few years, with the departure of its founders Michael Condrey and Glen Schofield in 2018 and more recently reports that it had co-leadership of a premium Call of Duty game moved to another studio.

Ellery

Maybe I am going to work on the next Call of Duty. Or maybe not.

In the future I might look at it. Occasionally I think and breathe.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Hopefully they do get time to explore new IP. I have no idea when, but I have to imagine COD will eventually no longer be the gravy train that Activision can rely on year after year and they'll need some new IP to transition to.

Top Bottom