• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim + Fallout 4 60FPS Mods For Xbox Series X/ Series Tested!

Fake

Xbox Series backwards compatibility is excellent - but performance gains are limited in 30fps capped games like Skyrim and Fallout 4... except these games have mods... mods that can unlock the frame-rate, producing a dramatically better experience. Rich and John take a look.

- There is no official update or patch. All this was fixed by mod on both games.
- Series X running at locked 60 fps
- Skyrim don't support HDR, but works with Auto HDR
- How this works? Some steps.
- First, download a mod with enable unlock framerate (search from a mod called 'unlock frame')
- Second, install the mod, start the game and them close the game. The next restart will make works
- The BC team made a wonderful job. Due to the BC putting v-sync ON, the game runs locked at 60 frame rates simuling an caped 60 fps
- Not to mention the other BC advantages like AA, filter, etc...
- There is some dips here and if you already put others 'graphical' mods, could push the game to limits at point of going down to 40 fps house

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Fallout 4 had a 720p/60 fps mod years ago on Xbox. Problem was it had so much screen tearing. Probably the most I'd ever seen.

But it was still pretty cool. Believe it or not the UI/menus were even crisp at 60 fps. So snappy unlike the usual Bethesda UI which has that delayed feel.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
This will be great when I replay both of these games in the near future, but I need to finish FO3, FO:NV, Gears 5, Tactics and Hivebusters first.

Caio

I'm still playing Fallout 4 on my XBox One X, 10 days in. Call me sick, call me the way you want, but I cannot stop playing this Game.
Playing Nuka World with Cait, I really need to go on bed with her :messenger_beaming:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Fallout 4 is really addctive game. I don't care what other people are saying it's great.

I love that game and also the Far harbor DLC. I played it on the OG X1 at launch and encountered absolutely zero serious bugs, a few dropped frame rates occasionally and a couple of VERY minor graphical glitches. I don't get the people cried about FO4 bugs. It was one of the most bug-free big open world games I've ever played.

Since Bethesda games from the X360 gen were quite improved on the 1X and are massively improved on the Series X, especially load times (nonexistent now) I anticipate these games also will be amazing.

Caio

Fallout 4 is really addctive game. I don't care what other people are saying it's great.

Yeah, it is a very addictive game, at least for me and many others. I litterally cannot stop playing it.
ps: so funny to go around with Ada, I made her like a Terminator, she is a true beast :D a devastating weapon ah ah

Ceadeus

Nice, so now let's hope scalpers can fuck off and let most of us get our hands on One of these console.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
It's interesting this mod has been around since very early in "mods" being available on console.

Most people who downloaded it at the time hated it due to the tearing and lower resolution. Hell the opening "cart scene" from Skyrim only managed 43 FPS at 720p with this mod.

Now that console gals/guys have beefier hardware it seems this mod is having a renaissance and that's cool!

I'm imagining this poor person who made it initially is being blown up out of the blue with all the newfound popularity. Bethesda games. What a trip.

Evilms

Banned
UObGfKV.jpg

uqvXeJU.jpg

I was just doing this last night, and the carts in the intro went nuts! Interested in watching, but I got an FOV related headache now I gotta make FOV potatos in another mod.

I did want the achievements tho.

Top Bottom