Xbox Series backwards compatibility is excellent - but performance gains are limited in 30fps capped games like Skyrim and Fallout 4... except these games have mods... mods that can unlock the frame-rate, producing a dramatically better experience. Rich and John take a look.
- There is no official update or patch. All this was fixed by mod on both games.
- Series X running at locked 60 fps
- Skyrim don't support HDR, but works with Auto HDR
- How this works? Some steps.
- First, download a mod with enable unlock framerate (search from a mod called 'unlock frame')
- Second, install the mod, start the game and them close the game. The next restart will make works
- The BC team made a wonderful job. Due to the BC putting v-sync ON, the game runs locked at 60 frame rates simuling an caped 60 fps
- Not to mention the other BC advantages like AA, filter, etc...
- There is some dips here and if you already put others 'graphical' mods, could push the game to limits at point of going down to 40 fps house