• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SKYNET is Online - World's largest fully-autonomous DRONE unveiled

ManofOne

Plus Member
  • The drone is 80ft long and can fly from any runway that is at least a mile long
  • The drone launch system works in three stages including a rocket launcher
  • It gets to high altitude then the rocket carries the payload to low Earth orbit
  • Currently 70 per cent of the launcher system is fully reusable but the developers hope to get that up to 95 per cent with future versions of the technology

Daily Mail Article

36441500-9017709-Aevum_says_the_massive_80ft_long_drone_named_the_Ravn_X_is_fully-a-17_1607079238662.jpg

36441504-9017709-image-a-19_1607079247757.jpg

36441498-9017709-image-a-21_1607079258309.jpg

#Phonepunk#

Banned
It’s ok get Obama to make another joke about droning the Jonas brothers the media eats that shit up.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

No hate from me.

Yeah during my brief attempt at becoming a voice actor I got an agent but realized quickly I was outclassed by guys like this who are hustling like mad for every role, VO, commercials, 5 lines in this weeks law and order. I mean I could quit my corporate job and hustle too but I’m just not a good enough actor and that’s what you need to be first and foremost a good actor or even standup comedian like the Simpsons cast not dude who can make funny impressions.

If I had to do it over again I would have gotten my BA in the LA area and tried when I was like 20 and didn’t have a job mortgage and other obligations.

Last edited:
I don't understand any of this.

1. why is it so big
2. Why have such big air intakes if it's rocket powered?
3. Needs a runway 1 mile long means that bitch is heavy as fuck. Why? (70% of the weight of a modern aircraft is systems to keep the pilot alive)
4. Doesn't go above Mach 1

Nahh, none of this makes sense.

TheMan

80 ft is enormous . Maybe it carries a huge amount of ordinance?

oh it carries satellites. Cool I guess

Last edited:

John2290

I smell bullshit, you're telling me this thing is fully autonomous and can take on a mission from launch with no intervention from a human. Yeah, i don't believe it. It's noting more than a pre-programmed missile that fires missiles. What makes this any different from fancy reaper?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I don't understand any of this.

1. why is it so big
2. Why have such big air intakes if it's rocket powered?
3. Needs a runway 1 mile long means that bitch is heavy as fuck. Why? (70% of the weight of a modern aircraft is systems to keep the pilot alive)
4. Doesn't go above Mach 1

Nahh, none of this makes sense.
Seems like it's some launch vehicle and some rocket? Does not appears to be just one thing, especially when rocket can separate. However same thing came to mind on my side, especially those air inlets.

I smell bullshit, you're telling me this thing is fully autonomous and can take on a mission from launch with no intervention from a human. Yeah, i don't believe it. It's noting more than a pre-programmed missile that fires missiles. What makes this any different from fancy reaper?
Not to be a dick but we've had this ability since the 70s. The reason it's never been used is because (iirc) the Geneva convention states that the final decision on launching ordinance comes from a human and must be filmed by an accompanying aircraft which isn't involved in launching the ordinance, including designation (iirc).

But there's still some questions around it.

Seems like it's some launch vehicle and some rocket? Does not appears to be just one thing, especially when rocket can separate. However same thing came to mind on my side, especially those air inlets.
Don't know why an autonomous vehicle would be used as a launch vehicle. Seems kind of pointless.

Top Bottom