• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skull and Bones delayed until fiscal year 2022

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/ubisoft-has-delayed-skull-bones-again/

QZ7wJt.jpg

Ubisoft has delayed its open-world pirate game Skull & Bones again.

The game will now be released during the company’s fiscal year beginning in April 2022.

Ubisoft announced the delay on Tuesday as part of its earnings results for fiscal 2020-21 (12 months ended March 31, 2021).

Looking ahead, Ubisoft confirmed the current fiscal year will include the releases of Far Cry 6, Rainbow Six Quarantine, Riders Republic, The Division Heartland and Roller Champions. “Skull and Bones will now be released in 2022-23,” it said.

Ubisoft said in September 2020 that it was pursuing a “new direction” with Skull & Bones. Confirming an earlier a VGC exclusive, the game’s new creative director Elisabeth Pellen said Ubisoft Singapore had “dreamt something bigger” and that fans would see the game again sometime in 2021

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Is it single player or a stupid mmo? If an MMO, just abandon the pos. No one wants it. If single player… then wtf is taking so long, copy and paste Black Flag, upgrade the graphics and remove the shitty AC stuff, that’s all we want.

wvnative

Is it single player or a stupid mmo? If an MMO, just abandon the pos. No one wants it. If single player… then wtf is taking so long, copy and paste Black Flag, upgrade the graphics and remove the shitty AC stuff, that’s all we want.

The game's gone through multiple restarts so who knows what it is now, but I believe the original vision was something along the lines of For Honor or Rainbow Six Siege but with pirate ships, aka a long term live service PVP game but not really an MMO

harmny

Banned

It's multiplayer but not an mmo. and If no one wants it tell me why there are always like 15k concurrently on steam playing sea of thieves.

I always laugh at how online forum gamers hate multiplayer games when they are the most played games in the world.

Last edited:

Hustler

And here I thought they quietly scrapped this game, really surprised they are sticking with it. Hope it turns out to be a masterpiece!

It's multiplayer but not an mmo. and If no one wants it tell me why there are always like 15k concurrently on steam playing sea of thieves.

I always laugh at how online forum gamers hate multiplayer games when they are the most played games in the world.
I want a more strategic and deep naval battle MP so much.

Sea of Thieves is a fun sandbox. But SoT Arena wasn't that great. I hope this can be a good PVP only type of game

I hate multiplayer games and no I don't care if other people like them. Why would that change my personal preference?

CeeJay

I wonder if they saw what Sea of Thieves was doing and wanted to pivot their approach for Skull and Bones. Ubisoft announced recently that they were moving more towards an F2P model for a lot of their multiplayer games so it stands to reason that Skull and Bones is going to go that way too. For me Sea of Thieves feels like a F2P game with a growing number of cosmetics hidden away behind micro-transactions (some not quite so micro either!) and the recent move to a battlepass seasons model. At this point MS are having their cake and eating it with Sea of Thieves, you have to buy (or GP sub) to play the game, pay to play online (Xbox Live Gold on console), then buy the quarterly battle pass and even then there are plenty of cosmetics that can only be acquired by buying them. Say what you want about Sea of Thieves but I bet out of all of the games from MS studios they are making more average monthly income from it than anything else at this point. Its no wonder that all the big publishers are jumping on this AAA F2P bandwagon when they see how much money can be made if you can get over that initial hump to secure a solid player base.

Top Bottom